Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,881 to 5,900 of 6,461

nessisonett

@HallowMoonshadow Make sure you recruit Vyse and Aika from Skies of Arcadia! They’re two of the better units in the game plus it’s just cool seeing them in a game post-Dreamcast.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

I did recognise Vyse @nessisonett from Skies of Arcadia. Never played it but I know it's pretty highly regarded. Didn't know about Aika though (Can't recall if I have her at the moment either). I'll be sure to add her when I can!

Th3solution wrote:

I do remember there being a few difficulty spikes, and the inconsistent balance is one of the few downsides to the game... It’s not game breaking by any means, and I still enjoyed mixing and matching my troops and approaches, and it was fun regardless.

Yeah the fact you can save after every move (if you wish) does mean if you messed up you can just reload and get a better shot, try a different strategy or such, means that like you say the difficulty isn't much of a problem at all (at the moment at least).

I just wish everyone that wasn't a scout had a bit more movement. I'd kill for some sort've option to not attack this turn but get some extra movement or something 😅

And yes I really quite like the art style too. The opening in particularly demonstrates it beautifully or when there's smoke/shadows or the transition from the map to a unit. I just learned the engine the game was made is called "CANVAS" too which made me smile

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@HallowMoonshadow Another little Easter egg is that the medic who rushes in when your unit collapses is Fina from Skies of Arcadia! I’m guessing it was the same team.

Anti-Matter

Spyro Reignited Trilogy (2019 version).
Played Spyro the Dragon, have accumulated 20% of gameplay.

Anti-Matter

Kidfried

@Anti-Matter I actually enjoyed that game quite a bit, though I never went on to play the sequels. Please, you or anyone, let me know how they are!
Also, enjoy your time in the dragon land.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

So after playing the Divine force demo last week -Which I ended up enjoying after a bumpy start- I've decided to play Star Ocean: The Last Hope alongside Valkyria Chronicles (Valkyria's mission based structure makes it more suitable to stop/start and play a mission every couple of days).

Star Ocean: TLH has been pretty ok so far. I don't think I've heard Matt Mercer in a leading role before (especially as it was very early in his career) and he's doing a pretty decent job.

Shame the character's name is Edge Maverick though. Even if there's an in-universe explanation it's still rather dumb (Though the name Fayt Leingod (The main protag from Star Ocean 3) isn't any better) 😅

There's been some questionable english voice acting though at points (Star Ocean 3 had a couple of bad voices) and unfortunately Laura Bailey (whilst also playing Edge's childhood friend Reimi and doing a fine job there) also has to play some bratty halfpint (That's not my Welch dammit!). Girl I love you as a voice actor but I kinda wanna throttle that character

The story's set WAY before SO3 though. In fact it's the earliest SO with earth being ravaged by WWIII and so you're sent on a mission to find a viable new planet for earth's population to inhabit.

So... There's actual space travel/exploration this time? So3 had you stranded on a medieval era planet for 80% of it's runtime but there's a number of different planets here in So4 maybe? Definitely giving me some Star Trek vibes (I don't watch/play all that much sci-fi media it's the only comparison I can make!) just Japanese/with anime.

Combat's got some improvements over SO3... And some downgrades too.

You aren't able to set different special moves based on your distance which is kinda stupid in my opinion when the actiony combat still has the distance system in.

It's supposed to have a combo system instead but... It won't let me set another move to combo into. I guess I have to level up/progress more to unlock it? Kinda silly really.

The special moves are very distinct though (even if I've only seen 4 across 3 characters). Characters all play rather different too (Like SO3) with Edge being a sword user, Reimi wielding a bow (That legit surprised me) and Faize being a rapier/epee fencing stance sword user with some symbology (magic) too.

They got rid of fury though meaning you can just swing attacks to your hearts content. Well there are different wind up animations and such so you can leave yourself open and get staggered and such but it is a more aggressive playstyle.

Using up all 100% of your fury and then getting hit in SO3 meant you got stunned from what I recall giving it a very slight risk/reward factor with light/heavy attacks and specials using up different amounts of fury too depending on if you put them in a light or heavy slot.

It only took a second to charge your fury back up to max so it wasn't too bad of a hindrance either (unlike SO6 with it's miniscule 5 AP points at first (a similar system in all but name)).

Blindsides are an interesting mechanic though and I really like how everyone's animations are so wildly different here. Jumps aren't very useful though and I keep forgetting the rush mechanic is a thing (temporary extra damage, higher chance to crit etc)

Also this HD & 4K remaster (Which is actually part of the title for some reason?) Allows you to set the resolution and has a bunch of PC like options such as shadows, texture quality, camera blur, shadow filtering and all sorts which kinda threw me off.

I bet it looks really nice with all the settings to max, at 4K on a PS5 but I did hafta toggle some options down/off to make the framerate smoother on my regular ol' PS4 slim. Even then the overworld camera is still a bit jerky at times at 1080p trying to hit 60fps. Combat's pretty smooth though

... Oh and I set the menu mode to classic. The CG style in "modern" is quite ugly looking. The anime portraits are much nicer

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

Pretty much done on Tales of Arise’s end game content now so been looking at the 2022 Resolutions thread to see if there was anything on there that I’d wanted to play this year but ended up getting lost in the shuffle (there was actually quite a bit 😅). Decided to give Castlevania: Requiem and Pyre a shot in the build up to Ragnarok.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

XandertheWise

was playing Mortal Kombat X the other day to mostly play as Kenshi, Kung Lao and Ermac in Klassic Tower to get the trophy for the Tower and their arcade story endings.

XandertheWise

Anti-Matter

Spyro: Year of the Dragon from Spyro Reignited Trilogy PS4.

Anti-Matter

LtSarge

Started playing Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight after having finished Persona 3 Portable earlier today. Loving it so far! My only issue with it is that, unlike Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight, I barely know half of the songs on here! I thought I only needed to have played the main game to recognise the songs or at least the majority of them, but that doesn't seem to be the case, which is weird. Either way, I've missed playing Persona rhythm games and it's actually quite refreshing to play one after having just finished the main game, just like how I did last year with Persona 5.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter How are you finding that first Spyro remaster? I had a blast with it, and really enjoyed earning its platinum trophy. Didn't bother doing 100% of its sequels, though.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@LtSarge The Portable soundtrack is different from the FES one in several ways so it’s probably that!

LtSarge

@nessisonett Ah well that would explain things then. That's too bad, but I guess it could be nice to listen to both new and familiar tunes lol.

LtSarge

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
Oh, I got Spyro Reignited Trilogy PS4 2019 version.
It bundled with CTR in PAL version, but I got only Spyro from the box. Well, doesn't really matter as long I can get the Spyro games.
You can tell the difference between Spyro Reignited Trilogy 2018 version and 2019 version from the number of the year on the disc cover.
Untitled

Untitled

If you see number 2019 on the disc cover, that means the game is the complete 3 games in one disc (version 1.03) with size 36.24 GB on PS4 storage.

I was so lucky to able get Spyro Reignited Trilogy complete version on PS4 from my local online shopping website.
I got the game just only under 300,000 IDR.

Anti-Matter

trev666

just finished horizon forbidden west a disappointing sequel worse in every way apart from visuals and load times

main quest was ok the ending was badlly done though. The original was so much more finding out what happed to the world. now we know all that what we got here just felt added on to make another game.

personally, i think they tried to fill it with more to make up for the overall story and more isnt better infact it just makes things worse.

Edited on by trev666

trev666

trev666

currently playing Guardians of the galaxy what a great game this game puts most of the marvel stuff made now days to shame.

the banter between the characters and the sound track is outstanding

trev666

nessisonett

@trev666 I fell off of it as soon as the very obvious structure came into play. Dunno why but whenever games give me a choice of main quests in that vein, my brain instantly turns off. It was a genuine struggle to get through AC Valhalla as that was basically the whole game!

MaulTsir

Making my way through South Park The Stick Of Truth, actually I'm on the last act so probably have it done tonight or tomorrow.

It's a fun little game, it's turn based combat and it's pretty basic just names of the moves/powers/attacks/buffs and debuffs all have typical South Park names. It's funny, it's what you'd expect from a South Park experience and as its part of ps plus extra it's well worth a few hours of your time if your looking for something fun and funny to play.

MaulTsir

Lavalera

@MaulTsir It's a very short experience as well right? It's been on my radar for a while but haven't gotten around to play it yet. If it's short I can probably play it next to another game and bump it up my list

PSNid: Lavalera

trev666

stick of truth is a great game some real laugh out loud moments in there (if you like south park) short game for an rpg about 10 hours

short but good game sometimes a small amount done well is better than a big game that overstays its welcome

trev666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic