Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,861 to 5,880 of 6,458

LtSarge

@KilloWertz I was playing one game at a time earlier this year but yeah, you start to lose interest when you play the same game for too long and it's not that captivating to play. Sadly, Persona 3 Portable hasn't impressed me at all and it's a game that I'd rather play when I want to relax in bed instead of having it as my main game. So that's why I added Immortals into the mix to switch things up. But Immortals isn't that captivating to play either now due to its repetitive nature, lol. I need to take breaks from these games from time to time if I want to continue enjoying them.

It doesn't help either that we're nearing the Holiday season and so many promising games are nearing release, like Trails from Zero, Pokémon Violet, God of War Ragnarok, Gotham Knights and so on. I'm going to have a hard time finishing anything at this rate.

@HallowMoonshadow Thanks for sharing your impressions. I have a slight interest in both of these games but I don't know much about them. The fact that Valkyrie Elysium seems to look and run better on PS4 compared to Star Ocean is useful to know for me since Valkyrie is PS exclusive while Star Ocean is also on Series X. That means I can get Valkyrie on PS4 and Star Ocean on Series X instead of buying both on PS4.

LtSarge

Lavalera

@HallowMoonshadow star ocean doesn't run much better on the ps5 tbf. I played the demo there and while it probably is better than on the ps4, the character models are so ps3 generation and the environment is okish on the the ps5 as well. You can clearly see that the game didn't get that much of a budget to make and I think the strongest part has to be its gameplay.

I'm still on the fence about it, the demo doesnt completely steer me away from it but it's also not a day 1 purchase atm. If the reviews for the entire game are good and they manage to fix the horribly small letters in menu and subs I might get it day 1

PSNid: Lavalera

Lavalera

I started not 1 but 2 new games this weekend. After finishing last stop I started Atelier Ryza: Ever darkness and the secret hideout (some of these Japanese games have very long titles lol). I never played an Atelier game before but it seems to he extremely relaxing. From what I've hear Ryza is the most popular one and the easiest one. So curious how it is.

The other game I started is the complete opposite Saints row 4. Played it a bit years back on pc but remember loving the wackiness of it. So when I feel like some more over the top action I'll play this instead of Ryza. I absolutely loved sr3, which I played 3 times already lol, so hope I will enjoy this jsut as much

PSNid: Lavalera

MaulTsir

@Kairu To be honest I think if it was your first or 100th playthrough it would be worth it, just an awesome game, I got the plat earlier this year and I still have thoughts of playing it again!

MaulTsir

post_rock

playing dark souls remastered. trying to get the plat

post_rock

Kidfried

I'm playing Nier Replicant. Slowly. How many on here have played that game? I'm enjoying my time, still early days into the game, and have no idea what to expect.

What surprised me was that I think the game looks pretty good. Technically it's very dated, and the style of the game isn't that unique either artistically speaking, but there is something about the way it looks and plays that makes the game visually appealing to me. I like the blurry look, gives it a fairytale vibe, and the smooth gameplay makes the game feel modern enough. Can't put my finger on what it is exactly though.

Music is very nice, the story is compelling and I enjoy the combat a lot. So far a really good game.

Kidfried

Zuljaras

Just started Dark Souls 3 after beating DS1 (on the Switch) and DS2 (on the PS4 but I wish it was on the Switch as well)!

I am new to the franchise, but I am absolutely loving it!

After Dark Souls 3 I will start Bloodborne and then I will buy Elden Ring

CJD87

@Zuljaras I was in a similar position a couple of years back! Played (and loved) DS1 on Switch.

I've since beaten Sekiro (just one playthrough, no platinum) and Elden Ring (Platinum trophy)... + playing Bloodborne on the side.

Sekiro is my favorite FromSoft game, but all amazing in their own ways. I've not played DS2, but understand it is actually quite decent and doesn't deserve a lot of the hate it gets

CJD87

Zuljaras

@CJD87 DS2 is quire diverse in terms of areas compared to DS1. But DS1 feels much darker and atmospheric.

Right from the start of DS3 I can feel that the graphics of the last gen kicking in and the game feels so alive and awesome looking! I can't wait to dive into it and die 100-200 times

As for Sekiro I will try it last as I am not a fan of the Japan/Samurai and all in all Asian architecture and feeling. The medieval European/Gothic stuff is my jam. It never gets old for me

And Elden Ring looks absolutely sublime ...

JohnnyShoulder

@CJD87 Having played them all, Dark Souls 2 was my least favourite but I thought it was still a decent game. Just compared to other games it lacks it certain areas like boss and level designs. The dlc's were excellent however.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 similar to @JohnnyShoulder, Dark Souls 2 is probably my least favourite of the trilogy… but I still remember it really fondly. 1 & 3 are very similar while 2 almost feels like it’s own thing.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

kyleforrester87

Dark Souls 2 is my favourite, completed it twice and keep getting bored of DS1 and 3 part way through

DS2 ftw!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

CJD87

@Zuljaras Are you playing DS3 on PS5? The 60fps patch feels incredible, especially after playing DS1 on Switch!

From a QoL / Graphics perspective you are probably best playing them in sequence. It must be quite jarring if you went the other way, playing DS3 and then going back to DS1. Enjoy man!

@JohnnyShoulder @colonelkilgore - nice to hear DS2 getting some love. I suppose that even the 'worst' FromSoft game is still more fun to play than one of the many inferior clones

CJD87

MaulTsir

Needed something to chill out with in between Returnal sessions and checked ps plus extra, there was a few I've wanted to play for a while but went with South Park The Stick Of Truth and man am I glad I did, after about an hour and a half of play I can already tell I'm gonna love it lol

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

@MaulTsir I saw that you started Returnal… sounds like a good plan to have something a bit more chill on the go at the same time. Such a good plan, that I might even do the same when I start Returnal!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

bluedex

Haven't been on in a long time and have played a few games since last time, some of which have been disappointing. I skipped PS2 and PS3, so my MO has been to play through a select PS4 backlog in year of release order, based off the Best Single Player list on this site, plus a few games from my PS1 days, like RE and FF7.
I found FFX kinda rubbish, got all the way to the final battle and gave up, bad game design imo.
RE4 was excellent
Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, loved them
Inside, brilliant
Uncharted 4, another really great experience
Ratchet and Clank, very polished game but wasn't sad to complete it, not my thing
ABZU, really great, so chilled
FFXII, I think I'll stick with FF7, found it boring although at least I completed it.
Dragon Dogma Dark Arisen, I know it has a cult following but found it kinda dull
RE7, just brilliant, despite my reservations about FPS games

Currently playing, and really enjoying, Yakuza 0. I'm up to 2017 now, which seems like part of a golden age. Im guessing I'll be a long time on this but HZD is next, followed by Nier Automata

bluedex

MaulTsir

@colonelkilgore yeah Returnal's great and you'll definitely feel it seen as you enjoy the Soul's type games, it's just each run can take between 20 to 50 mins and after 2 or 3 I feel like taking a rest helps, I tried watching some tv but found my self constantly thinking about the game so thought I'd look on ps plus extra and have a little game to play in-between sessions and it's helped, plus South Park is still funny to me today even at my age so thats a bonus 🤣

MaulTsir

HallowMoonshadow

I've made some headway into Valkyria Chronicles Remastered @Th3solution.

It's only been about an hour and a half or so but it's rather enjoyable. The english voice acting has been great with Dave Wittenberg (Kakashi from Naruto, Cielo in Digital Devil Saga) voicing Wilkes. He's such a goof. Alicia's really good too and they have some great chemistry together.

I have also found it mildly amusing that the narrator is Princess Ashe's voice actor when I've been directly comparing the music to FF XII's.

The music is great. The main battle track IS an FFXII track though... You could just slot that into a scene of FFXII and no one would be the wiser 😅

I did fail the third mission (chapter 2, protecting the main gate in bruhl) a couple of times times as I wasn't expecting the difficulty to jump so much with a tank conpared to the first two missions which were pathetically easy.

Was good fun though finally getting Wilkes to arrive in the Edelweiss. Alicia was a one woman army til he popped up

It is very different and unique. I do like the fact your different classes of troops level up as a whole rather then each individual troop so you can always switch members out if the next mission has more favourable terrian and the likes.

Looking forward to playing more

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow I’m glad you’re liking the game so far. I do remember there being a few difficulty spikes, and the inconsistent balance is one of the few downsides to the game. The further I played through, the more I realized how certain players and classes were OP and so deploying those tactics can usually turn battles into easier affairs. It’s not game breaking by any means, and I still enjoyed mixing and matching my troops and approaches, and it was fun regardless.

But yes, it is a very unique game, different from anything I’ve ever played.

And it’s a good shout about the VA and music. Also, do you like the art style? For me, that was the most impressive part.

I’ll be curious if you continue to enjoy it. I remember the game’s length to be just about right and I don’t think it over stays it’s welcome. VC4 is a bit longer, but both games crescendo quite well if I recall.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic