Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,821 to 5,840 of 6,464

Finally finished with NieR: Automata for the PS4. I had a total blast with it. 9/10 Don't hope for any concise explanation about the story out of me though. My poor brain cells are still coping with the whole shenanigans of the last ten hours of gameplay

Edited on by avatarian

You are a gamer, hold your head up high.

PSN: Avatarian598

CJD87

Still cracking on with Bloodborne - and loving every minute of it. Over the weekend I took down Vicar Amelia, and also the Blood-Starved Beast (not sure I did them in the right order though?!)

Post BSB, I found a new area to explore and (predictably) managed to get killed down in the streets of Old Yharnam. However, instead of spawning back at the nearest lantern... it looks like I've been whisked away to some form of prison/'gael'? Looks like maybe I'm just the latest victim of FromSoft trolling...lol

It is a really cool game, and I'm starting to appreciate more how it balances its obvious linearity with quite a wealth of player choice & agency. As I said earlier, I'm not sure if I beat VA / BSB in the 'correct' order but feel I could have potentially done this either way around?

I would say that the game and bosses do so far feel a bit on the easier side, especially vs Sekiro, but maybe this is also because I'm better versed now with this genre than I was a year ago.

Either way though, I'm really enjoying it. It excites me to consider what FS will bring out next, and I definitely wouldn't be against a sequel to either BB or Sekiro

CJD87

JohnnyShoulder

@CJD87 I loved that part in Bloodborne when you get snatched and put in prison. It was really confusing at first but just found the whole setup a bit of a mind F. Love it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Anti-Matter

I continued my progress of Youtubers Life 2 PS4 and have reached Year 2, 1 Spring.
My money is already more than 5 million coins.
Still keep accumulating the subscribers until more than 5 millions.

Anti-Matter

XandertheWise

Besides me being busy with Kingdom Hearts III and sort of getting into the beginning of Final Fantasy XV, not much gaming for my Playstation 4 at the moment

XandertheWise

Thrillho

@ThereThere Nick Valentine is such a don.

Fallout 4 such a weird game for me as I seem to remember quite enjoying it but there was always something a bit off with it, and I seem to remember the ending being pretty anticlimactic.

That said, it was quite funny when we went to Boston on our honeymoon and I recognised so many of the sights from the game

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@ThereThere @Thrillho I enjoyed my time with Fallout 4, but after playing all of the dlc barring the last one I was a bit fed up with it, and not sure I can face playing any other games in the series. The base building was a massive turn off for me also.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@ThereThere glad you’re enjoying dude. I went back and finished off the platinum a couple of months back and… well I was shocked at how dated it felt considering it was only around 7 years old. Having said that, I did still glean some enjoyment from the nostalgia. 👍

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@avatarian Absolutely love Nier Automata and the narrative is a big reason why. I still need to play the prequel Nier Replicant.

I really like this video as an explanation and a deep dive into the game’s themes and message. It’s really profound stuff with a large amount of philosophy. Some of the philosophers and theories in the game were previously unknown to me and after watching this I gained added appreciation for it, which I already had a high opinion of the game. It’s a long video at 45 minutes, but well worth it to revisit the game and ponder what it may have been trying to say.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

XandertheWise

going to be playing the Cowabunga Collection pretty soon

XandertheWise

straw-hat-crew

Enjoying my time with SOUL HACKERS 2. One of my most anticipated games this year! It has its shortcomings but still having a good time with it. Great characters and overall story and the demons look really cool.
I hope to finish this game soon, that way, I can play ONE PIECE ODYSSEY (hope to find out the release date during the showcase on Sept 15 at TGS). If it doesn't come out this year, then I'll probably jump to SCARLET NEXUS.

Edited on by straw-hat-crew

Be Kind and Support Each Other.

HallowMoonshadow

I'd like to give the game the benefit of the doubt @RogerRoger and say it's more of a me thing as I did have high expectations from Original Sin II being such a gem in my eyes.

I can't recall many games where I've played the sequel before the original. A handful at most. My main gripe was the story of OS I though and mechanically it is fairly similar so... It's definitely more of a taste thing.

-Shrugs-

Probably didn't help I got to the end even though I wasn't enjoying it... But it would've haunted me otherwise 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

As for a game I'm actually playing now (and sorry for the double post)

Yakuza: Like A Dragon

... I love Ichiban Kasuga 😁

I loved Goro Majima in 0 & whilst I liked Kiryu there were times when he was a bit too much of a brick wall clad in a disco suit for me to be 100% invested in him

There was always that reverenace Kiryu had too (even in 0 when he was a low ranking grunt and not fully known as the Dragon of Dojima yet)... And it did come off a bit as a creator's pet sorta thing?

Ichiban does not feel like that at all. He's a bit of a loud mouth and emotional, he's passionate and sticks to his guns and ideals. His reverance for Arakawa also comes off much more belivable too then Kiryu's for Kazama (who was also written as some brilliant mastermind who knew how everything would happen and play out and came off as rather unrelatable).

I did not mind the "slow" start the game has at all. In fact I was hooked feom the moment it started and it just flew by.

I'm in chapter 3 now and the turn based combat has finally showed up in earnest.

It's nothing too crazy mechanically... But how it does things is VERY Yakuza.

I mean instead of a standard "red mage" I have Nanba... Who's a homeless person and former nurse that can summon pigeons, uses alcohol and a ligher for a fire attack or takes a nap on some cardboard to recover hp. It's unique to say the least 😅

I really look forward to playing more as it honestly been an absolute blast and had me grinning from ear to ear

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@HallowMoonshadow There is quite the array of jobs (i.e. classes) you get later on too but each character has their unique starting job.

I think there was DLC that added a few more fun jobs as well. It’s just a shame the female jobs were less numerous and interesting than the male ones (although one has an amazing team healing move).

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

Wasteland 3. I actually bought this which is rare for me, in a PS Store sale not too long. It's the complete edition and it was something ridiculous like 12 quid.

Hopefully I will see this one out, as the last CRPG (not the best sounding acronym lol) in Divinity: Original: Sin which I completely fell off it after about the 30 hour mark.

It is very violent and sweary, and reminds of Fallout before the third game. Not that I've had much experience of those games mind. For instance, a character was talking in a in game cut scene and he got shot in the head, brains and everything exploding everywhere. It is done in quite a OTT comedic way however.

Presentation wise it is not best looking game but it does the job. Dialogue is fully voiced and cast are quite good so far. Combat is quite fun and reminds me of X-Com as you have to use cover effectively which can be destroyed.

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Kudos for sticking with, and finishing, Divinity: Original Sin. At least you never have to play it again, and can speak about its underwhelming underwhelmingness with some authority! Sounds like you've landed on your feet with Yakuza: Like a Dragon, so I hope you're back to looking forward to, and enjoying, your precious gaming time with a little more reliability and consistency!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

XandertheWise

played Ninja Turtles II Arcade NES from the Turtles Cowabunga Collection 2 hours ago.

Now Im playing Tournament Fighters SNES game. Man the game is slow.

Street Fighter II and the Mortal Kombat games are faster

XandertheWise

HallowMoonshadow

I'm still nowhere near getting the jobs yet @Thrillho but I look forward to it.

Been distracted by Virtua Fighter 2 in ths arcade which is kicking my arse... And I'm playing on the Easy difficulty cabinet apparently

Maybe Virtua Fighter 5 will be easier... Those ridiculously high jumps in 2 are throwing me off!

Thanks @RogerRoger. Yeah there's something about not finishing a game that would irk me otherwise. It (along with any piece of media really) can always have the chance to redeem itself.

Not that they ever really do... but still 😅

Lavalera

@HallowMoonshadow Haha yeah that's exactly why i love the Yakuza games so much, you can easily get distracted by and addicted to all the side games that you can do in the game.

PSNid: Lavalera

colonelkilgore

While I actively attempt to not pop any platinum trophies 😉 until we get to 9th November, I reinstalled and made a start on GTAV yesterday.

I played the **** out’ve the game back on PS3 at release and then sort of mainlined the PS4 version back in 2018. I’m not gonna lie, it was a lot of fun going back to Los Santos… more than I thought there would be tbh. The driving physics are just so darned perfect.

The one drawback… I honestly think that GTAV has the worst selection of songs of all of the games from GTA3 onwards.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic