Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,921 to 4,940 of 6,461

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Glad to hear you're making progress in FF7R, I am also making progress in FFXV, Prince Noctis is a very different character to Cloud, but, hey, no spoilers. Monsters and demons seem to be more the order of the day rather than giant robots in this game, but I am getting used to the combat and overall mechanics of the game now. You have to regularly set up camp at night as you can't travel then due to fear of demon attacks, and you also have to drive and refuel your car to get around, so it's quite different in that regard. I'll keep you posted.

@colonelkilgore Any of this ringing any bells for you?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah it is actually, it took a good session or two for the game to click with me but once it did I just really enjoyed pretty much everything about it. Yeah the camp and refuelling your car etc… make sure you get the speccy one to cook food everytime you camp 😉

**** DLC!

LtSarge

I'm halfway through The Evil Within's first DLC "The Assignment" and so far it's very good. It's cool to be playing as a different character now. Moreover, the gameplay is very different compared to the main game. For starters, it's purely a stealth experience now, sort of like horror titles such as Outlast. You don't have any weapons, instead you have to sneak by enemies, trap them or simply run away from them. Furthermore, the only tools at your disposal are bottles that you throw to attract the attention of enemies and calling out to them. So you're very limited in how you get through the levels now, but I'm sure you'll get more tools as the DLC goes on. It's honestly quite refreshing to have a pure linear experience now and not worry about gathering resources or shooting enemies.

On a side note, the weirdest thing about this DLC is the collectibles. You'll find snails hidden in some areas and when you shine your flashlight at them, they'll start moaning sexually and explode into an item. So bizarre, lol.

LtSarge

Bentleyma

Finished Lost Judgment and moved onto Alan Wake Remastered. I dunno why the Push Square review was so negative because I think the gameplay holds up really well. There’s something satisfying about shooting The Taken. The atmosphere is top notch too, which makes exploring entertaining.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

N1ghtW1ng

@Bentleyma-

What was your experience with Lost Judgement like? It's been on my wishlist for a while, but I'm a bit jaded on the Yakuza franchise as a whole after playing 0, Kiwami 2, 4 and 5. If it's a bit different from the Yakuza games, I'd really look into playing it.

Also, did you play Lost Judgement on the PS4?

Performance > Resolution
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

PSN: Ra33z_19

Bentleyma

@N1ghtW1ng If you’re burnt out on Yakuza games then I don’t think you should rush to play the Judgment games. They have a few of their own ideas, but for the most part they play like a Yakuza game. I do prefer the story and characters in the Judgment games though.

I played the PS4 version and it still looks insanely good.

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

N1ghtW1ng

@Bentleyma-

Thanks, I think I will give Lost Judgement a pass for now, and maybe look into playing it in the near future. Also, I only realised that it was obvious that you played it on the PS4 when I looked at the thread/topic title.

Performance > Resolution
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

PSN: Ra33z_19

LtSarge

@Bentleyma- Yeah I also really enjoyed the gameplay in Alan Wake. And the thing is that the game can get rather challenging as well, so I don't see why it would feel boring. You have to constantly stay on your toes and use different weapons for different situations, e.g. flare guns against groups of enemies or flares when you're completely surrounded. Then you also have to shine your torch on possessed objects in order to destroy them and so on. I honestly think the gameplay is very inventive when compared to your typical third-person shooters.

LtSarge

RogerRoger

Started playing Donut County earlier.

Then completed Donut County soon thereafter.

And then platinumed it.

Madness.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@N1ghtW1ng Yakuza 6 is well worth playing if you're not too down on the series. It's back to just Kiryu as a playable character and has much less side content than the other games in the series.

Y6 was 53 hours to complete the game and get the platinum (you don't have to replay the whole game on Legend difficulty, you can just reload and fight the final boss but there was lots of grinding to get the clan creator trophy), whereas Y5 took me 130 hours(!!) to finish the game and all substories/side missions.

It also looks and runs great, especially after the 3-5 remakes.

Thrillho

Boodog

Been playing Guilty Gear: Strive, it's already one of the best fighting games I have played in a long time

Boodog

Boodog

@Voltan Pretty exciting, especially since it looks like these changes are really going to shake up the game. I am still working on combos with her but really enjoying playing as Ramlethal, what about you?

Boodog

Boodog

Sorry, I just thought about it, I didn't even ask first if you played the game

Boodog

Voltan

@Boodog I play Chipp, mostly on Floor 10 of the tower (although lately everybody seems to have gotten better and I'm getting knocked down to 9 every once in a while)
Looks like my boy is getting nerfed again but I think some reactions have been a little overdramatic - we'll see

Voltan

Boodog

@Voltan Wow, floor 10, that's really impressive! (Just want to confirm, that's not sarcasm, I'm impressed!) I am still trying to get better at the game so I am only on floor 5. Seems like a few characters are getting nerfed but at the same time, getting buffed in some places, which will still make them good

Edited on by Boodog

Boodog

Voltan

@Boodog I've been playing fighting games for a while. And by "a while" I mean - checks notes - about 27 years (although this is actually only the 2nd one I'd say I'm approaching "seriously" - meaning I'm actually spending some time in training mode and trying to learn to play effectively)
Which also means my old man reflexes have nothing on all those kids online who are actually good lol

Feel free to ask me about the game, we have a fighting games thread here on the forums. I haven't tried playing with Ramlethal but I do have some experience against her so maybe I can help somehow

Voltan

Boodog

@Voltan Thank you so much for the offer, if I ever have any questions, I'll definitely let you know!

Boodog

PSVR_lover

I’m playing Dead or Live 5 again…………just love this game…….

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Bentleyma

I have a week off work, so I’m hoping to get a lot of gaming done! Far Cry 6, The Elder Scrolls Online and Back 4 Blood are my multiplayer games at the moment. As for single player, I’ll mostly be playing NieR:Automata with The Good Life and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles on the side.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic