Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 6,460

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I see, more like Sekiro than Dark Souls then? The combat didn't really gel with me in Code Vein & Sekiro and it did in Dark Souls 1 & 3 & Bloodborne. So I think I am more of an RPG than action gamer, which is why I struggled with it. Bloodborne is pretty skill-based though. So, who knows.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

I'm still playing Assassin's Creed Origins, I've got some leveling up to do before I can take on the next quest, so I am mostly exploring and discovering new locations and killing basic enemies like lions and hyenas, nothing too intense.

I also started playing Bound By Flame this morning, that ol' Playstation 4 classic. It was one of the first RPGs ever released on PS4, and I am really feeling the satisfying combat, it isn't up there with the best, but still quite enjoyable and satisfying to take out the hordes of the undead and assorted behemoths from among demonkind.

The PvE elements, while not being as refined as other RPGs, are still impressive and challenging as enemies have insane hitboxes and do insane amounts of damage.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic What’s your experience with Assassins Creed series? Have you played them all up to this point (Ezio trilogy, etc)? Do you plan to play Odyssey and Valhalla?

I quite enjoyed Origins when I played it earlier this year. I anticipate I’ll try Odyssey at some point when I feel up to a huge open world time-sink. Having just completed Ghost of Tsushima a couple months ago I think I’ve had my fill of the genre for a little while, but it’s one of my favorite types of games (open world action adventure with fairy easy to pick up combat and also stealth options) so I’ll certainly return to the series.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Well I beat the next two bosses in Code Vein.

The Queen's Knight looks like it's wearing Skyrim's version of Deadric armour of all things to me so that was weird lol 😅. It was a pretty fun fight though with a rather aggressive boss. Not quite as agile or unpredictable as the executioner thankfully but the teleporting attacks were interesting to dodge. I won't say anything about the second boss I fought but that was really quite something!

... Still really quite enjoying myself with it and honestly I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this.

Onto the Ridge of Frozen Souls now and I have a new companion to boot Io of course!. And still chugging along on my self imposed challenge run... I'm still only lvl 10

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Valhalla got quite mixed reviews. I haven't played any of the other games besides Origins, except one of the Ezio trilogy very briefly. They're a bit like the Hitman games are they not? Well, they share some basic elements. Did you complete Origins when you played it? I gave up on Ghost about halfway through as I prefer gaves with more overt mythological themes in them. I am aware that Ghost has some supernatural elements but they are in the minority throughout the game and would prefer something like GoW that wears it's mythology on it's sleeve. From what I've read about Origins, mythology is involved later in the game, and just the setting in Ancient Egypt conjures up a vast plethora of mythological and mystical influences.

sorteddan

So I got around to starting uncharted 3, after getting the plats for 1 and 2 earlier in the year - getting the collection free from the lockdown1 giveaway. I originally wanted to play uncharted 4 from when it was ps plus but given the chance to run em all in order thought I may as well do so.
Just reached chapter 10 and given its first run on crushing difficulty it's about as hard as I expected (ie occasionally frustrating but mainly trial and error).

Main reason for this post ... after earlier chapter where I got to play as young Nate encountering (younger) Sully I realise I don't particularly like Nate but really do like Sully. Not sure if I'm wishing I could control him instead or wishing he was my dad.

Anyways having a break till tomorrow so think I might go die in the Gungeon a few times.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Brydontk

Platinumed Fallen Order so now going back to Shadow of War. I heard there's been a bunch of updates since release and if that's the case, I want to platinum it too. Going in, I hope they fixed the nemeses because the power creep on the orcs when i first played it was ridiculous. I was at the end of the game and one of the captains had resistances to everything including elements, ranged attacks, counters, etc and would heal itself every couple of seconds as well as abilities that would instantly kill all the mounts. This thing was basically invincible. I read somewhere that there were theories that they did this to encourage purchases of microtransactions, which I hope is not the case, but seemed to me more like an example of very bad level scaling.

Edited on by Brydontk

Brydontk

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I actually started Assassin’s Creed Origins last night for the second time, I platinumed Syndicate and I’m waiting for the DLC to go cheap so I thought I’d move ahead to Origins. I forgot how great the opening hours were, the actor who plays Bayek gives a fantastic performance. It looks great on my TV as well, they nailed the feeling of roaming the desert. I’m just heading to Alexandria but I spent hours just doing sidequests and wandering the world.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Welcome to the "Nate's a Tool, So I Play Uncharted for Sully Club", my friend! He's by far and away my favourite character of the whole franchise, and there are others you've yet to meet who join him far, far above Nate in the rankings. Hope you keep enjoying the games!

@Brydontk Congratulations on your shiny new Jedi: Fallen Order platinum trophy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Col_McCafferty

@Brydontk Ha, snap!

I'm currently playing those two games as well. Fallen Order is such a welcome suprise, I've pretty much sat on it all year after getting it as a Christmas present but decided it was time to finally give it a whirl. I've really enjoyed it, tough at times but it's not impossible.

Hollow Knight is tougher but after dying more times than I can remember I've finally defeated the Hornet. I know, I know, far tougher bosses await and I'm really not sure I'll ever finish it but it's both a relaxing and frustrating game at the same time. It's a little gem.

Col_McCafferty

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I don't remember too much of the Egyptian mythology being in the game in all honesty. There are a set of enemies you can face, but I was nowhere near a high enough level to face them, so never bothered after getting almost one hit killed and not doing much damage to them. I maybe wrong, but that could be explored further in the DLC packs which are available.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

Hi guys, noob here... stumbled on here while attempting to decide on what to choose to play next from my backlog. Just finished MGS V (my backlog is pretty big and therefore there are some real old games in it... as well as some PS5 fresh ones)... and although I’m about 5 years late to the party, it was phenomenal.

I do feel a bit burned out though, from chasing all the S ranks etc. so looking for something a bit more chilled for my next platinum (oh yeah, for some reason I’ve become a bit of a trophy hunter in my old age). Any suggestions & reasoning would be much appreciated, also my apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong thread etc.

Options are:

God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Gravity Rush
The Wolf Among Us
Mad Max
Detroit: Become Human
Uncharted 4

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
I would say go for the wolf among us. I started and finished it in a few days last week. Much less stress than something like MGSV. Has interesting story and characters and easily obtainable plat... although i also did really enjoy Detroit but remember that taking longer due to multiple playthroughs

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan
Cheers for the reply, yeah it does seem a lot ‘lighter’ from what I understand... I’ve heard the story is killer too.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’ve never heard Assassin’s Creed compared to Hitman, but I don’t know — I haven’t played any from the Hitman series yet. It’s on my short list to get to soon.
But yes, I did finish Origins. I played through to the end and a decent chunk of side quests. I started skipping side quests and collectibles after 50 or so hours of game time and focused on the mainline story missions because I could feel a slight tedium might set in if I pushed it too hard as the side quests become pretty same-y. By focusing more on the storyline, I finished it and felt quite satisfied with it upon completion. It was good enough that I was actually tempted to jump straight into Odyssey but I feared it would ruin the experience if I did the two similar games back-to-back, so I gave myself plenty of room between. And now I don’t know now when I’ll jump into Odyssey now as I lost my momentum with the series.
As far as mythical, yeah there is more of that than in GoT, but it’s still more grounded in history. If you veer off into the supplemental missions and areas though you’ll find enemies of a more fantastical nature. Great game though.
It might be hard for you to go back to the earlier games, which are more limited in scope, but still quite open and free feeling.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

SweetSummerShunv

I'm currently replaying Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC if that counts...

SweetSummerShunv

Bentleyma

@colonelkilgore I think you should play The Wolf Among Us. After playing a big, time consuming game like Metal Gear Solid V. I think a short game with an engrossing story is a nice change of pace. The reason I'm recommending this over Detroit and Uncharted 4 is because it's an easy plat, but if you don't mind putting some effort in, then they are both good choices too.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore The Wolf Among Us is probably my favourite of the Telltale games I played. It’s a really cool setting and a great story.

It’s an easy platinum, like all Telltale games, but a little replaying is required to get it.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma-

@Thrillho

Looks like The Wolf Among Us it is then. I’ve never actually played a Telltale game before as my perception of them is that there just isn’t that much actual ‘gameplay’ there but I am a comic book fan and I’ve always heard good things about the comics that TWAU are based on. Maybe it’ll convert me and I’ll try another Telltale down the road.

Thanks guys.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett It's a great feeling in the opening hours isn't it? Yeah the actor really nails the performance doesn't he? Bayek is an excellent creation. What did you think about the line on the start screen about how everyone involved in making origins has "various beliefs, gender identities and sexual orientations" .I'm sure that's the case for a lot of studios so it seemed a bit unnecessary to me to say that?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic