Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 6,463

Thrillho

@WallyWest I have a friend who has gone back to Avengers and says it’s still great fun to play. The problem for them is if people haven’t got onboard at the start, it’s hard to get people playing unless it goes free to play/PS+ and they make their money in game.

I just have no interest in that sort of game though, particularly as my broadband seems to get upset when it rains which is not great in the UK.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

I'm currently playing Dark Souls III for the third time. Doing a Kratos build, which is great, I just need the warden twin blades from Cathedral of the Deep, outside the Cleansing Chapel, have to farm for them. I started off a few minutes ago, so I am fairly early on, but was pleased to beat Iudex Gundyr on my first try, which is something I had never done before. I chose the Life Ring as my starting gift, which may have had something to do with it as it boosts max HP. Also, I intend on getting an early Claymore from near the dragons, which should enhance my chances, but yeah, it's a good game, and a good build, should be a fun run. The Claymore should be a good parallel to the sword you pick up in Hades - that or the Moonlight Greatsword perhaps, a parallel to the sword you pick up in Hades in GoW III (original trilogy).

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

WallyWest

@Thrillho I've always liked the game despite its issues, the combat is really solid and the campaign was also pretty good. You don't actually need to play with anyone if you don't want to, i play solo 90% of the time and its not an always online games and can be played offline so providing you can download the updates its playable as a single player game.

WallyWest

Brydontk

Still plowing through my backlog and playing Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. I don't know how they managed to make a game make me feel so much like a jedi but they did it. It's so so good, and I plan on it being my next platinum. It's also the second Metroidvania on record that I really enjoy after Hollow Knight. The one thing I don't like is the lack of fast travel but eh, every game has its problems.

Edited on by Brydontk

Brydontk

nessisonett

I beat another couple of bosses in Code Vein, Insatiable Despot and Invading Executioner. I seem to be having quite a bit of luck with the Zweihander and Yakumo’s Atlas blood code. I really like huge swords in other Souls games so I guess I’m playing to type!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett You and FGS are really cruising through Code Vein. You said you struggled a little with one of the opening bosses, but do you find it fairly easy now?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@WallyWest I must admit I’m tempted by the price drop to $30 for Avengers. I’m a fan of the MCU and that’s my big draw, but I don’t like GAAS in general. I’m more of a play for the story and then end it. Good to know the campaign is solid enough.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, same boat. Saw a physical copy on Amazon for £30 the other day and gave it a second glance before moving on. I'm currently binge-watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it's definitely putting me in the right frame of mind; these helpful posts from @WallyWest are only pushing me further towards a purchase. I didn't think I'd be getting another big PS4 game before jumping to the next generation, but this could prove me wrong.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Well done @nessisonett for finally beating the executioner!

I managed to beat the boss in the Cathedral Of Sacred Blood yesterday myself. I'm still only lvl ten at the moment in my self imposed challenge run... I think I'm somewhat better at Souls games then I give myself credit for 😄

I actually can't buy anything important with Haze now (I've unlocked every gift and bought every variant of Blood Veil I've unlocked) so I have over 100,000 haze just burning a hole in my pocket and a bunch of Shards, Crystals and presents to be used to get Haze too 😂

I didn't ask this last time but what have you thought about the whole "Walk down Memory Lane" stuff with the vestiges?

I quite like the mechanic myself. The one I've just started in particular stands out (You'll know which one I'm talking about as you go through the Cathedral) alongside the final Hunter one And the Louis one that revealed the Queen. The fact the English voice acting has been pretty solid helps sell it to me too.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@RogerRoger One thing I’ve gleaned from 2020 gaming-wise is an appreciation for different genres of games that I haven’t previously considered to be my thing. I’ve had some really good (...and some not as good) experiences with games of an ilk that aren’t in my usual wheelhouse.

If you do decide to try it be sure to let me know what you think and I’ll do the same.

WallyWest

@Th3solution Just to be clear the live service elements are very much there and that side does bleed into the campaign what with loot and the odd mission what is designed around the live service side however for the most part its a linear Uncharted style set piece romp with Marvel Ultimate Alliance style combat (but much deeper). It lasts around 8-10 hours depending on how fast you are and if you can ignore all the other elements you could just treat as that a solid enough 8 hours good time. I would say wait until you can get it cheaper though, its going to constantly be on sale due to low sales so there's no harm in waiting until it reaches that sweet spot.

WallyWest

Cornaboyzzz

Just finished TLOU2, didn't like it but I just need a few more collectibles to make it my 293rd platinum trophy, then back to Demon's Souls !

Cornaboyzzz

nessisonett

@Th3solution The executioner was a really quite difficult boss to be honest, that’s probably what I’d say would be a wall to most new players. I’m sorta getting the hang of it now though despite it having about a million tiny mechanics that I haven’t bothered with.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I quite like the vestige things in terms of the voice acting which is solid and the story which isn’t that bad at all. What I do take issue with is your incredibly slow walking speed during them. Fair enough when the cutscene’s playing but I’d quite like to walk faster than a snail when I just have to walk to the other side of the screen and finish the memory 😂

DerMeister

Finished Yakuza 3 last night, so I started 4 today. I'm only minutes in as I type this, so the only impression I can give is that Akiyama seems pretty cool.

Also been playing through Ghost of Tsushima since it came out. I'm pretty sure I'm at the halfway point, near the end of act 2. It's been great so far, and could potentially unseat Horizon as my favorite PS4 exclusive.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Thrillho

@DerMeister I better get started on 5 soon before you overtake me

I really liked 4 so I hope you don’t get Yakuza fatigue going straight between games.

Thrillho

Bentleyma

@DerMeister I can't go from one Yakuza game straight to the next. I love the series, but the games are all so similar. Yakuza 4 and 5 take place in several locations, so at least you have that variety, but gameplay wise they mostly feel like DLC for 3. Doesn't help that the games are massive! My completion for Yakuza 5 is about 14% and I've been playing the game for over 50 hours.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

DerMeister

@Thrillho @Bentleyma- Yakuza fatigue isn't something I'm worried about right now. I actually took a break from the series earlier in the year after Kiwami 2 specifically to avoid burnout, since by that point I ran through 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 back to back, and even with other games that's probably too much exposure to one series. It helped that I still had P5R, Xenoblade, and Azure Striker Gunvolt to focus on. My PS4 backlog now is just Yakuza 4 & 5 and Ghost of Tsushima.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Black_Swordsman

I'm playing Assassin's Creed: Origins on PS4, really enjoying the stealth takedowns.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I struggled with Code Vein and gave up fairly early on - I think it was due to the fact that I wasn't grinding to level up or anything like that - did you do that early on?

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Nope, you don’t really have to grind at all. It’s more of an action game than RPG, the levels don’t add much and you can get through basically every fight on skill alone.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic