Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 6,460

RogerRoger

@Th3solution The topic has moved on, sorry for the delay. Just wanted to thank you for your last reply regarding Final Fantasy, and for the extra information I'll keep in mind when browsing the sales. Cheers!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Actually if I recall, you still have a little ways to go before you run into what I found to be the most challenging conflict. (By the way, I know the game’s been out for a while but you might want to mark a spoiler tag on your post there revealing one of the late game locations and skills. I’m not sure if some people may want to be surprised by that. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

... I decided to download Genshin Impact last night and give it a go.

First impressions are pretty positive so far. The music's quite nice and pretty chill, it looks rather gorgeous (I'll throw some screenshots up later). The fact you can climb anything and everything is cool too.

I haven't beaten the tutorial or even got to the first town... I was just wandering around, getting used to the combat (Which is pretty decent and I got my second character of Amber (the archer character), having chosen the girl option of the twins at the beginning) and exploring the starting area 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Glad you're finding that planet gorgeous, as it's the place I felt lacked the most polish. It still does look stunning in parts, but others left me slightly disappointed. Like I say, it's preferable to love it, so I'm glad you're still having a blast! Best of luck with the rest!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy To enjoy something that much before you've even completed its tutorial is a good sign, I'd say! Fingers crossed it continues to impress!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic
Like this:

(spoiler)then write the text to be blacked out here(/spoiler)

Except instead of round parentheses ( ) you’ll need to put the squared brackets [ ].

Try it out. I’m definitely going to want to read your impressions once you get to the late game, so it’ll be useful to be able to spoiler tag text so you can speak freely about some things! 😄

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Did you think that Dark Souls 3's plot was quite similar to Dark Souls Remastered's? With the Lord Souls in Dark Souls 1 and the Lord of Cinder Souls in Dark Souls 3

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

HallowMoonshadow

Congrats on learning how to use spoiler tags @Draco_V_Ecliptic

Considering how Dark Souls II also does the whole beat four great beings thing and get their souls bit I think it's fair to say it's a recurring theme/element by choice. Dark Souls III in particular feels like a love letter to everything that's come before it (Especially the first game)

Admittedly I'm not the type of person who finds open worlds that interesting to explore going off the beaten path and all that @RogerRoger (baring a few exceptions). I'll happily bounce from quest marker to quest marker... So the fact I actually felt compelled to go exploring is a sign that it's doing something right for me.

Let's just hope the free to play monestisation nonsense isn't that bad... I'd hate to sour on this like I did for Let It Die with all that crap 😅

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I have been playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and exploring Dathomir and taking on the nightbrothers and undead nightsisters, I just took down Gogara and have put it down for the time being because I don't want to get frustrated like I did yesterday when I spent a huge amount of time wandering around in the swamp before I found the right way to go, oh, and I just acquired the climbing claws. The fight with Gorgara was epic and excellent, you know where you're flying through the air and have to grab onto him in order to avoid a grisly death and reminded me of something out of God of War, which I recommend again, it's really worth your time if you like this sort of game, this game really is brilliant though and worth every penny, and also a fine epilogue to my time on the PS4.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Just out of curiosity, what are the open-world sandbox games which you've enjoyed enough to go wandering about in?

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Oh yes, that was a great sequence! Glad you continue to enjoy it. by acquiring the climbing claws you are able to access a few more routes and areas. Do you reckon you’ll go back to re-explore some other planets to try to clear out the maps or just keep pushing through to the end first? I think I tried to complete as much as I could on all the maps before moving on the story, but I think there was still a few areas on one or two of the worlds that I just never was able to complete because it was too much of a hassle. So I never got the collectibles and therefore didn’t get the platinum.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution No I think I will just progress the story through to it's natural conclusion. What are you playing these days?

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I have run into some time constraints and have had less gaming time this week than I planned, so I am still dusting off Ghost of Tsushima on PS4. It’s fantastic and one of those games I’m not particularly anxious to see it end because I’ve enjoyed it so much. I’m in the closing hours, ... but I have been for the last two weeks 😅
I’ll probably start Doom 2016 for my PS4 game to be playing after this weekend, playing along with the folks on the Game Club thread.

I’m also playing Danganronpa V3 on Vita and also quite smitten with its unique approach to gameplay and storytelling. A visual novel and murder mystery with quirky Japanese style. Very enjoyable.

Speaking of, do you like Japanese anime Draco? Because I was wondering if you might enjoy Code Vein. I haven’t played it but I played the demo. It is very Souls-inspired, the combat is quite tactical, and I know that’s your favorite. Since you’ve liked Fallen Order then you might take to CV. It has an NPC companion mechanic and I think it might have difficulty settings like Fallen Order, I’m not for sure, but it played a lot like Dark Souls from what I tried in the demo. I have plans to play it one day, but my backlog is too big at the moment. I would be interested in a Souls veteran like yourself’s take on CV, but if you don’t really like the anime style art and story telling then it might not sit well with you.

Edited on by Th3solution

JohnnyShoulder

Mostly been playing Battlefield V. Played hundreds of hours on the games on 360 but failed to properly get into it this gen as most of the people I used to play with stuck with X box. There are still a couple of us on PS4 but getting together at the same time has proven tricky. Plus I really didn't like Battlefield 1 as it was too grenade spammy lol. V is much better in this respect as they do not resupply from normal ammo pouches which helps to balance things a bit.

One thing that attracts me to Battlefield more so than other games of its ilk is that you are rewarded not just for kills, but supporting your team and completing the objectives (such as attacking, defending and neutralising points on the map or setting explosives). Which is good becasue I suck at the actual shooting lol.

Along with the expansive maps, vehicle combat and destruction, it is scratching an itch I didn't really know I had.

I'm also enjoying the battle royale mode, Firestorm, a lot more than others I have played. Not sure exactly why this has clicked with me more than others, but there is something about the scavenging and isolation which I am digging. There is also a solo mode along with a squad mode which suits me better at the moment. Other battle royales force you into squad, which is fine, but is very dependent on communicating with your squad, which I don't really wanna do with randoms.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

PSVR_lover

Playing Dead or Alive 6. It’s OK, not as good as Dead or Alive 5. Maybe during the PS5 era we’ll get a proper Dead or Alive 6 game. Lots of room for improvement.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

HallowMoonshadow

Dragon's Dogma is probably the one open world that I find most enjoyable to run through @RogerRoger (And has a very limited fast travel system to boot so you can't really skip traversing the world even if you wanted to)

Horizon Zero Dawn's the other big one that I enjoyed traveling through.

The fact they both have very enjoyable combat systems to me is probably one of the biggest reasons that I found them enjoyable to run through without a goal in mind.

Spider-Man, Days Gone, Dragon Age Inquisition, Fallout, Elder Scrolls etc I pretty much followed the map markers as I never found exploring to be all that worth it personally.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ah, cool. I think you're right, I think having something other than "a really big map" is needed to make it compelling. I loved Spidey's map, but only because of all the Photo Mode opportunities it represented. I would rush to objective markers in Dragon Age: Inquisition like you did, because I wasn't interested in the collectibles and (most of the) side quests.

Thank goodness you ended up liking the combat in Dragon's Dogma, given it lacked a proper fast travel system. That's a lucky exception to your rule!

Earlier this afternoon, I re-installed Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection on my PS4 and have briefly started a new playthrough of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Twice in recent years, I've restarted the trilogy from scratch, only to abandon my attempt when the insipid final act of Among Thieves inevitably swallows my enthusiasm whole. It's a real shame, as Drake's Deception was always my favourite of the original three, and yet I have so few screencaps from it compared to its predecessors. So I thought "heck, let's just skip straight there" and it was like meeting up with an old friend. Played the opening brawl and the flashback.

Not sure whether it's a chicken-or-egg kinda deal but, when playing said flashback, the young Nate's character model and mannerisms unintentionally reminded me of Tom Holland. If they're going for that angle and doing a proper origin story, I can totally see how a casting director might've played that sequence and subsequently called his agent.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I really should get round to Uncharted 3, it’s the only one I haven’t played. 2 was fantastic but I agree about the final section, that was a problem with the first game too. The supernatural baddies just don’t do it for me, they’re bullet sponges and look a bit silly. I preferred 4’s approach by a country mile.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @nessisonett Really didn't enjoy the train section with the chopper near the end, in the second game (at least I think it was the 2nd game). Just seemed to go on forever.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic