Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 6,463

nessisonett

@RogerRoger After trudging about a mishmash of reactor textures for what felt like the 14th time, I decided to put the Remake down. I’d totally play the second one cause it covers parts of the original I prefer, although the plot changes are Kingdom Hearts levels of absolute nonsense.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yes, I have a friend who's played the original every couple of years since its release, and he was so hyped for the remake. When he finally finished playing it, he was livid.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I can appreciate what it did right, but for a game so heavily hyped and one that seems almost drawn out artificially, it just did my head in on too many occasions for me to not feel totally bummed while playing it. And that’s why I barely buy games on release!

Th3solution

@RogerRoger No, I never played Lightning Returns but I did play XIII-2 although I never quite completed it.

Lightning Returns was an unfortunate victim of its release timing. Coming out at the bitter end of the PS3 era, I moved on to PS4 and never looked back. If a remaster came to PS4 I probably would have played it though because it did look really good.

As for the gambit programming system of XII, it’s probably not for everyone but all it’s really doing is making the mundane decisions you would normally make into automated AI decisions. It’s a nice compromise between the satisfying feeling of total control over every party member during a fight (which runs the risk of feeling tedious) and the convenience of an AI controlled set of companions (which inevitably costs several victories that are due to party members doing inexplicable random actions during a fight). Giving a set of prioritized instructions like “if HP < 30% then heal”, “if poisoned use an antidote”, “if enemy then guard”, “if Foe flying then cast wind magic”... etc. So it’s fun to strategize the party to be ready for any scenario and for some reason I was really good at it. It felt like doing geometry proofs.
And if you did make an error in your program logic I think you could regain control of the characters and jump in to save the day, but I might be misremembering. It’s been a while.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Which do you think you will receive first, PS5 or the games you are downloading?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@Arugula You can't connect it to your modem wired for just a night or something?

Kidfried

Kidfried

Currently playing Danganronpa (see topic), but also playing Vampry with my partner, who isn't fond of visual novels, but is more fond of light RPG's and killing stuff.

The game is clearly no big budget game. And you are reminded of that fact every step of the way (literally, animations are janky), with every word spoken and every fight you get into. That doesn't mean the game isn't ambitious, or trying to do something fresh, which so far it clearly succeeds in.

You're a vampire and a doctor, interesting combination. You have to sleep at night, drink blood, but you also try to heal citizens, create the right potions and solve murders.

The game is open world, but it never feels like a Ubi game. It's full of great and fresh ideas; some of them work and others don't. But it's great to play something... new. The game isn't too big, so if it manages to keep me enticed for just long enough until the end, I'll consider the game a hit. Wait and see, I guess!

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It seems like you have a bit more leveling up to do. When I last left Dark Souls my stats were: 50 Vitality, 40 Endurance, 40 Strength, 40 Dexterity, out of the ones I leveled up, and I moved from a Guts build to a GiantDad one.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @nessisonett I just completed Zeffo 2, in Jedi Fallen Order, where I got out of the prison after BD-1 & I were captured by the bounty hunter. About how far through the game am I?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Anti-Matter

The Sims 4 PS4
Override : Mech City Brawl

Anti-Matter

Kidfried

@Anti-Matter Do you have any expansions for The Sims? And if so, which do you recommend?

Kidfried

Anti-Matter

@Kidfried
I have bought Island Living bundle in disc and some Expansion packs + Game packs from PSN
Get to Work, Dine Out, Vampires (i hate this add on but i bought it from 3 in 1 pack), Kitchen Stuffs.

Recommended:
All the main Expansion Packs as they are really important.
For Game Packs, i want to take all of them except Star Wars stuff as i really dislike Star Wars and almost Western franchises & superheroes.

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@Kidfried The Sims expansions are a nightmare. All the main ones are totally needed like @Anti-Matter says but then there’s loads of smaller ones. It’s not even a new thing for EA, my house is filled with discs for IKEA items in Sims 2 or Diesel clothes in Sims 3.

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic it’s been a while since I played but I’d guess you still have like 30-40% of the game left, including the toughest boss. You’re pretty far along though.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I'm assuming that it's toughest boss is the final boss in the game? I really liked that gauntlet of enemies that you had to face before leaving the prison, reminded me of similarly themed events in Fable and God of War |Champion's Arena, Gauntlet of the realms) do you know what I mean?

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Never played Fable nor God of War. I really need to get to GoW though. I’ve had it in my backlog for several months now after I bought it on sale, but just haven’t taken the time to play it yet. As for Fable, it is actually one of the game series on Xbox that I’d like to play. Unfortunately I hear the latter sequels have been poorly received so it hasn’t been enough to push me to buy the console.

As for Fallen Order, personally I had the biggest issue with another boss outside of the final one. But there are a couple tough ones coming up for you. Similarly to Soulsborne bosses, some players struggle with certain bosses more than others. I came close to decreasing the difficulty level at one point, but I persevered and finally got past it.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I would really recommend GoW, it's definitely another Souls-like. Fable is amazing too, the original and not the sequels. The Lost Chapters Edition has, obviously, extra chapters, and is just a great game overall, a lot of freedom and choice for an RPG, very similar to The Witcher 3, have you played that one? I believe it took a lot of influence from Fable, in my personal opinion. Really looking forward to those extra tough bosses as a SoulsBorne vet, but, on another level, as a bit of a noob, I am certainly not looking forward to them : (they sound very intimidating from your description.)

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, I didn’t really click with Witcher 3 on my first attempt. I started it and it was pretty decent, but for some reason I didn’t stick with it beyond the opening 5 or 6 hours. I think part of it was it was beginning to show its age slightly and it was also so overwhelming with all the map markers. And I felt also out of touch with its lore, having never read the books nor played the first two games. I’ve not ruled out returning to the game eventually though.

As a Soulsborne vet I think you’ll do fine on the bosses coming up. As a Souls pleb, I was able to get by so you’ll hardly break a sweat. 😄

Bentleyma

I've been playing Genshin Impact for the last few hours and so far I'm very impressed. It borrows a lot for Breath of the Wild, but does enough of its own thing to not be a complete clone. Looks amazing too, probably one of my favourite looking PS4 games. I hope there's a PS5 version.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic