Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 6,465

Black_Swordsman

Still playing Bloodborne, just defeated Vicar Amelia with the help of Old Hunter Henriett and another player who I summoned, we were wailing on her for the best part of eight minutes, we finally took her down, and to be honest, against all three of us - she never really stood a chance.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I probably should have tried summoning for help in Bloodborne, but for some reason I just kept retrying each boss on my own until I eventually beat it. I’d say Father Gascoigne was one of the hardest bosses in the game. Vicar Ameilia was fairly tough, but Father G had me just millimeters away from rage quitting. 😄 I actually found Blood Starved Beast to be one of the easiest — I believe I beat him on the first go. Spamming your firearm to stun him at just the right time makes him pretty straightforward.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

BSB took me several tries to beat, but I actually took down Vicar Amelia on my first try. Probably the boss I had the most trouble with was Darkbeast Paarl.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

I beat the blood starved beast first try and Father Gascoigne took I think 2 tries... Maybe a third attempt... But Vicar Amelia took me like six or seven goes before I finally bested her.

Though the hardest fights overall in BB for me were pretty much all the bosses that show up in the defiled chalice dungeon or whatever it's called that puts you at half health.

The Watchdog especially kicked my arse in that one!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

andreoni79

Oh my, Bloodborne... What a wonderful game! Every single enemy, every single location, every single detail is an incredible piece of art.
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

themcnoisy

Having never owned a PS3, finally played some killzone 3! Came away quite impressed.

Loving the crazy leaders of the helgast. This story trumps shadow fall in every way!
The mechanics are below par (compared to Halo Reach) but its still a solid fps.

You lot have likely played it before, I know @kyleforrester87 has tried it out a few days ago.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy Noooo, I tried Killzone 1 (also on Now). I actually own it and cleared it on PS2, and it was kinda bad then when it came down to it, but playing it again now... it's really not good at all. Red Faction 1, 2 and Half-Life on PS2 run rings around it. Play the first couple of levels, and imagine your friend playing Halo on Xbox at the same time and you'll see what I mean.

Killzone 2 was okay, I've played a bit of 3. Shadow Fall was also okay, in fact I'd say it was great for a launch game, but clearly rushed - they basically admit as much in the making of Horizon documentary. It starts really strong but totally falls to pieces by the end.

All in all, the series just never ended up as big as it wanted to be.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Thrillho

I think I last played KZ3 and the multiplayer was good fun as it switched up game modes regularly and matches could last ages.

I also like how “heavy” characters felt as you trudged along, rather than how airy CoD could feel.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Killzone 3 is my favourite of the franchise; it's close beside Killzone: Shadow Fall but, as @KratosMD rightly says, that's a very different beast so I feel like they can co-exist and actually, they complement one another quite nicely. I was late to the party, so the HD remaster of the original PS2 game felt clunky when I played it on PS3, but I enjoyed Killzone 2 in spite of its bleak colour palette. Killzone 3 injects some visual variety (the snow levels are still gorgeous) as well as new gameplay elements, but retains that same crucial "boots on the ground" feel. It also has Malcolm McDowell in, and he's always welcome!

Also, owners of a PS Vita should not overlook Killzone: Mercenary. It isn't perfect, but it's near enough, with many fun moments. It's a cracking use of the handheld's power.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I mean saying that Shadow Fall is a disgrace to the series is a bit much, maybe Guerrilla just wanted to make a different type of fps after making 3 very similar games?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Just a different direction for the series, nothing wrong with a bit of change once in a while. Shadow Fall had it's fair share of what you described the other games had, with some stealth sections too. Nope, sorry I think you are being a wee disingenuous here.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

kyleforrester87

Yeah from my perspective SF was in keeping with the rest of the games, I guess not calling it 4 gave some indication that it was going to go in a slightly different direction but all in all it felt like Killzone to me.

The problem with it, and the reason people hate on it a bit (imo), is because it just wasn’t that good all things considered 🤷‍♂️ Removing the stealth aspects doesn’t make it a better game really.

Although I still have a fondness for it.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@KratosMD @kyleforrester87 @Thrillho @RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder

Thanks for the replies. With Killzone 3 It's like Gears of War 2 crossed with Cod Modern Warfare 2. Personally I'm impressed, it doesn't look that bad considering - slowdown does occur, never effecting playability much.

If I was to rate it compared to similar games (from my short few hours with the game). It's on par with Gears of War 2. I'm a big fan of the first two Gears games. Really glad I tried it out, going to go back again shortly.

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 no thanks mate. Ps2 games are great and all but I've got limited time until I'm back in work, then I can't imagine having any time to game!

Killzone 3, Action Henk, Mudrunners and Control are my mains for the next 2 weeks.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I wasnt saying people were getting tired of the series, just that sometimes it can be good to change things up. If developers are waiting until fans are shouting for changes, do you not think they have left it too late, like Assassin's Creed? By mixing things up before then, they have used their initiave and freshened up the series. You are never going to please everyone though, and if they had left things the way they were, just as many people would be complaining that the series needed a change.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

I'm giving the Danganronpa series a little break before I jump into the second so I'm resuming my playthrough of Dark Souls 2: Scholar Of The First Sin which I put down back in... November? Maybe even October?

Regardless of how long it's been it's come back to me exceedingly quickly as I return to the start of Drangleic Castle.

Just beat the twin Dragonslayers and I'm heading onto the Looking Glass Knight.

I forgot how fun my partizan wielding pyromancer is to play as!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

I love the little journey to Drangleic Castle @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, especially when it first comes into view! It looks very ominous with the rain bashing down and that big black castle looming ahead.

HallowMoonshadow

Oh yeah definitely @JohnnyShoulder! (Got a nice screenshot of the castle's reveal) It's very well done regarding it's atmosphere. The lighting effects for the entire castle and as you mentioned the seemingly endless rainfall...

... It's very imposing and spot on for the build up it gets and for me probably the best area in the base version of DS2 (I recall liking the Iron King's realm for atmosphere and design too and being rather partial to the Ivory King's realm as well)

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Looking Glass Knight is a great boss fight in an otherwise disappointing game imo. The actual castle itself is ok but the hoards of identical suits of armour gets a bit annoying after a while.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic