Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 6,460

Th3solution

@nessisonett Oh, I already own Season 1. I actually have the complete edition which I found cheap several months ago, even before it was given out on PS+. I think the version they gave out was the basic game series and the one I have had the extra content, so I kept it. Never having played a Hitman game ever, would you say it’s easy to pick up and play?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Oh, that’s fine too, the first one’s fantastic. Blood Money is possibly my favourite game of all time so it’s safe to say I’m a fan of the series! The reboots are great for a quick session, each sandbox has tons of smaller missions that test your ability to improvise given specific weapons or outfits to use. The levels are brilliantly designed and dare I say it, the episodic nature was better than getting everything Day 1 in the sequel. It let you explore each map to its limits before you got a whole new area to explore. I’d absolutely recommend it, and if you like that then you can pick up the remasters of Blood Money and Absolution on PS4 (although Blood Money’s the only one of those two I’d replay!).

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Okay, thanks. I’ll see where my mood takes me this weekend. It’s possible that I’ll just binge watch Netflix or sleep more than is necessary.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tjuz

@Th3solution I didn't play BioShock Infinite a second time. I finished the main game back in August and just went straight into the DLC coming back to it now. I did struggle relearning the controls, but I got the hang of it by the end. It doesn't help that the DLC was quite hard, or at least harder than I remembered the main game being. Ammo was scarcer and everything. I got through it with a minimal amount of deaths, but there were a ton of close calls! If you're worried about difficulty with relearning controls, I think there's no shame in going easy here. The main problem I had was not using the plasmids as much as I should and just trying to gun everything because I kept forgetting they existed. I think you'll probably be fine going back to it now, but you definitely might struggle a bit at the beginning like I did. Hope that helps!

Also to add to the Hitman discussion, I'd definitely echo any of the sentiments nessisonett already brought up. Blood Money is the best, but the reboots are great in their own right. It's definitely a game that easy to pick up and play, and you can really finish a level at your own pace. You can do it in a few dozen minutes or take over an hour if you prefer! Shouldn't be a hard one to get a good grasp of either.

@Thrillho Thanks! That does give me some hope, haha. I'll definitely be playing the second episode at some point in the near future, and will report back when I do.

Tjuz

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution In would say the Hitman series is not easy to just pick up and play, especially if you have not played a game in the series before. It failed the Daddy Shoulder test, and he found it all too complicated.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder Yea, the Hitman series in general is pretty hard to pick up and play. However, it's a perfect game to play in quick and short sessions once you get the hang of it a bit more I find.

Anyway, Psychonauts inspired me to pick up that only Schafer game I hadn't played yet: Full Throttle. Never played it back in the day, because the motor theme kind of turned me off or something. It's a pretty great game, especially as it is a little more cinematic than many of these point-and-click games from the old days, and the puzzles are not complex at all.

I'll probably get the platinum before the end of the weekend if I keep up this tempo.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Fullbringlchigo Have you got the new PS4 port of Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy yet, or are you planning on getting it later on? Or not at all?

Once again, it's a rushed, bare-bones effort in serious need of some new menus, and it still pulls that hideous save file duplication nonsense on you, but its gameplay and structure are so much improved from Jedi Outcast and I'm enjoying every second as a result. Can't believe there's been such a great Star Wars game out there all this time, and I'm only just discovering it now!

Costs a bit more this time, though (£18.99 as opposed to £7.99) probably because of the multiplayer servers they'll have to maintain. I gave that mode a brief look-see, but I'd rather see the campaign through before testing my skills against other human players.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula What a cracking game. Have you ever played it before?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula It happens; tends to be one of those games that you had to "be there for" at launch, I think. I certainly got it dirt cheap when I finally got my PS4. Hope you enjoy it now, then!

Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

Started Doom this evening and The Outer Worlds a couple of days ago. Really loving TOW, easily the best Fallout game I've ever played. I feel a bit like I'm the captain from Firefly actually. The first two companions you get are brilliant.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

I started Metro 2033 tonight after finishing FEAR. I’m enjoying it so far, it’s suitably grim and I like having a setting that’s at least different, too many games are just set in America or fantasy land with faux-English accents.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

So I have played a pretty good amount of Dead Cells. I was really having a great time, and I had a really sweet loadout with high level weapons including the electric whip, which is brilliant. I was destroying everything with relative ease... and then I got to The Forgotten Sepulcher. Holy mackerel is that area tough! Needing to be by the lamps or else the darkness kills you... eesch. Death came swiftly. I hate that. If this level is required to make it to the end, then I might not be able to finish this game. Not a fan of those types of level design challenges.

Edited on by Th3solution

Black_Swordsman

I need to get a bit further in Dark Souls Remastered before I reach the point where I left it before. (Seath the Scaleless, boss fight) I just defeated Chaos Witch Quelaag for the second time and levelled up my dexterity. I plan on soul farming in the Grave of Artorias for a while before I go to Sen's Fortress (which is open now, because I just rang the second bell). I plan on doing this because Anor Londo can prove very challenging with Ornstein and Smough lieing in wait for me, but I plan on getting Havel's Set as soon as possible after arriving there, so that should make my life in the game, and the aforementioned second fight against Seath easier (Curse resistance anyone?).

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@LieutenantFatman The Outer WORLDS is really good fun but left me with the same sort of feeling as a Far Cry game at the end; I had fun at the time of playing it but after finishing it, found it a little underwhelming.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Did he reckon it was a good game though? I've played one of them before, I forget which, after a night of coffee-induced wakefulness, it was a strange experience.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

As for me, I’m still going on Tropico 6. I don’t like the lack of a continuous story in the “campaign” even if it is normally a bit frivolous. It just feels a bit weird playing these disjointed levels. The difficulty is so variable too but they do a good job of focusing on specific game mechanics.

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

@Thrillho
Ah yes, I know exactly what you mean, those Far Cry game endings do leave a lot to be desired.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

Arugula wrote:

@RogerRoger I played the 3 mainline games prior and enjoyed them but somehow this one passed me by. Kinda baffled by it actually.

@Arugula You sound like Chris Ray Gun! 😂

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I don't think he played enough of it to warrant giving a verdict on it. He is a bit like me in respect and not one to keep playing a game if he is not enjoying it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ZeroOverOne

Persona 5 Royal oh boy here come the sleepless nights again, game feels so fresh yet so familiar, I got it on mail today at played for 10 hours straight, only then I noticed that it’s already past 12Am. I recommend this game to anyone who is at least a little familiar with JRPG and wants an amazing story, for those who have played Persona 5 already, this game is 100% worth your money paid again. Have a g’day and stay safe y’all

Edited on by ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic