Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 6,461

HallowMoonshadow

As it turns out there's four "acts" in Divinity Original Sin 2. Not three like I assumed there was.

Thankfully the third act is fairly small by comparison (About 10 hours compared to the mammoth 50 or so I spent in the second) so after playing it a bit longer then I should've really last night (and finishing it off this afternoon) I'm onto the 4th and most certainly final act of Arx.

Might actually have this completed before the month ends.

There was some definite wham moments this act though and I made some choices that REALLY made me question whether I did the right thing or not.

Plus my character also ended up in a romance with one of the other characters which was a touch unexpected as I didn't know I could do that. There was a few flirty comments made but... Still rather suprising. I assumed the affinity/attitude wouldn't go that far.

... Certainly wasn't expecting THAT scene on the Lady Vengence at the start of Act 4 though 😶

Probably be my last update on my progress with Divinity Original Sin 2 til I'm posting my eventual review...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

Ok so Resident Evil 7 is truly horrifying. Since I love 4, both REmakes and Code Veronica, I thought I was ready. I was not. The fact you can play this in VR astounds me as I couldn’t imagine anybody being brave enough to try it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Tjuz

@nessisonett I've always been interested in trying the Resident Evil games! I'm a total scaredycat when it comes to horror games though. I've mostly had my eye on the Resident Evil 2 Remake so far, since I've seen footage of Resident Evil 7 and that was certainly absolutely horrifying. Do you think RE2Remake might be a good entry point for someone new to the franchise?

Tjuz

nessisonett

@Tjuz Yeah, RE2make is a perfect starting point because you get the most refined gameplay and it’ll set you up for RE3make. As a fellow scaredycat I’d say that 2 is more incredibly tense than scary. Mr X is a big factor in that so as long as you play in an environment that isn’t pitch black and quiet then you should muddle through ok. Alternatively, you could play 4 first as that is a bit more action based to ease you into the series.

kyleforrester87

@Tjuz if you’re easily scared, Mr X is likely to make re2 unplayable for you lol. Best entry point is 4 imo, if you want a good game that isn’t too scary either.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Pah, horror games should be played in the dark with headphones on to get the most out of them.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DonJorginho

@nessisonett I think I will get Yakuza 0 on Friday as it looks a lot better than Judgement, and the way you and others have described it makes me want to try, also am eyeing up that day one remastered collection coming next month.

DonJorginho

Tjuz

@nessisonett @kyleforrester87 @KratosMD Thank you all for the advice! I think I'll give Resident Evil 4 a go somewhere in the near future then. Does it spoil many plot points of RE2 considering they have the same protagonist? I know the basics of his character, but nothing about the actual RE2 story outside there's a zombie outbreak in Raccoon City.

@KratosMD Funny you mention SOMA, since I've actually had that game downloaded and ready to play at some point. I thought it was more tense than straight-up scary! I'm glad I can alter my expectations a bit for when I eventually might play it, haha.

Tjuz

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD You need to play Alien Isolation of you haven't already. It has what you described in Soma but cranked upto 10. One of the most tense games I've ever played.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

mookysam

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks for your impressions (and apologies for missing them before). It's a genre I've wanted to get into for a while; my brother has recommended Diablo 3, but I have to say that Divinity Original Sin 2 is appealing to me because of the quirky humorous elements you've described that are mixed in with the darker bits. The combat does admittedly look quite complex, so I may have to play on story difficulty. Does it take a long time to level up and do most stats come from equipment? Anyhoo it's certainly gone on my list and I'm looking forward to your review.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@Tjuz I wouldn’t say RE4 particularly spoils anything, it’s a self contained story and the only ‘spoiler’ would be the fact that Leon is in the game, so clearly survives the events of RE2 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I think you've miss interpreted my previous post, I've not played Soma yet so can't compare it to Alien Isolation. It is more tense than flat out scary for the most, although there are scary moments.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I found Saints Row fun for a few hours but I quickly grew bored of of the samey missions. The zany humour was not enough to intice me to carry on playing after that.

HallowMoonshadow

Ah no need for apologies @mookysam! That's the second time I've had Diablo mentioned regarding this. I've never played them myself though so I have no idea how they compare!

mookysam wrote:

The combat does admittedly look quite complex, so I may have to play on story difficulty.

The battle system is a bit complex and it can be quite strategic at times. It still reminds me of Dragon Age Origins a lot but mixed in with something like Valkyria chronicles or X-com for the turn based nature and based around skills/spells/movement requiring certain amount of action points.

I think Explorer is the step above Story (which gives you an infinite ressurect spell as far as I'm aware) but below Classic (that I'm playing it on) and I think that's a good start point before deciding if you need to bump it up or down. I've actually contemplated playing on Tactician a few times now that I'm used to it!

mookysam wrote:

Does it take a long time to level up and do most stats come from equipment?

As for level ups they can take a while yeah. The first map (Fort Joy and the surrounding island) can take about 30 hours if you do all the content there and you'll be about lvl 8 by the time you finish.

Though you can finish it at lvl 4/5 if you wanted (If you're only going for the main story beats but for me personally on classic I need to be around the same or -1 level for fights!). It is following a D&D like level scale as far as I'm aware of 1-20 or thereabouts with the final Act of the game of the game you'll be around lvl 18 to maybe 21 possibly 22?

As for the second part of your question depending on the armour/gear you get and how far you are.

There is a tiering system like most games with randomised loot. One sword you might get may give you a +1 in strength while a higher tiered sword might give +2 strength and boost your warefare skill by 1 too. Though at the end game I've got one piece of highest possible tier armour that gives plus 5 to a single stat and a number of boosts to others too...

I'll leave the rest to the actual review!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Just the fourth game, I think that was the one that I played on 360 as it was the one before they all became superheroes or something in the next game. Not played one before then.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Oh right, it was the third one then lol. Yeah I don't mind mindless fun, but it still needs to be an interesting enough gameplay loop to keep me playing. I'm the same with the Just Cause games, in theory they should be amazing fun to play, but I don't find the moment to moment gameplay varied enough to hold my interest.

Kidfried

SteamWorld Dig 2. Had I known that it would have been this safe of a sequel, I probably wouldn't have started in the first place. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the gameplay look, which is rather addictive.

Hopefully after this something a little more special.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha I didn't see your earlier post about this @KratosMD!

I actually ended up doing the same with Saint's Row IV Re-Elected over christmas. I was up til 2am in the morning on christmas day/boxing day finishing off the dlc and the main story. Didn't intend to (bit embarassed I did) but yeah 😅

I am thinking of replaying it as a male character (With the joke Nolan North voice) after I finish Divinity Original Sin II but take my time with it rather then rushing it like I did.

Zinyak is such a fun villain too!

Ryall

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Is it worth Rebuying the game on PS4 in order to get the DLC for those of us who played the base game on PS3?

Ryall

HallowMoonshadow

Hmmm... Enter the Dominatrix and How The Saints Saved Christmas are rather short (An hour or so each)

EtD is framed as a documentary/behind the scenes look of the game with the cast as a bunch of actors, going over some deleted scenes of "how SR4 was originally going to be" (a nod to it's original development as an expansion for Saint's Row 3).

Did make me chuckle once or twice but I found it to be a bit too juvenile personally and as a whole it felt kinda throwaway compared to the actual game.

How The Saint's Saved Christmas is better (And slightly longer with some actual new areas) but it's still a bit ho-hum overall.

If you bought SR4 Re-Elected for £4 like I did you'd no doubt get your money's worth and then some @Ryall (the stable framerate is nice too compared to the PS3's wobbly release) and I'd have easily paid a tenner or even full price just to replay the main game.

But if you're wanting it really just to experience the DLC... £16 (it's usual price) for SR4 Re-Elected would be a bit much to me.

The DLC guns, powers & costumes don't add a lot to the core experience for me personally and as I said the main meat of the DLC is so so. Interesting enough while you're playing them, but forgettable and not to scratch compared to the main experience.

It depends of course on how you're viewing it really.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic