Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 6,458

HallowMoonshadow

I beat the Jill scenario of REmake @Ralizah ... I really need to gather my thoughts on that

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

Am I correct in remembering that you never actually beat the original RE1?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

That is correct @Ralizah ... I got to the attic with Yawn (Bizarre name for a Snake ) in the ps1 original and that was it... Always found it a little too tough and never ended up going back to it.

Plus I was too much of a 'fraidy cat... Watched my dad beat it though from behind the sofa though 😅

I will say one thing about REmake for definite The proto Tyrant in Resident Evil Zero has a slightly better design to me then the tyrant in this (Though the fight is sooooo anticlimactic in Zero) ... But the bosses in later games have more interesting designs like Birkin with his creepy arm eye, Nemesis or Alexis in Code Veronica

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Bosses weren't really RE1's forte, and that carries over to the remake.

Although I think the shark and snake are cooler bosses than the more elaborate foes you fight in later games, if only because of how different they are.

You have to shoot Birkin's eye so much in REmake 2 that he started feeling like a Zelda boss.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Well in Zero -Boss spoilers for it- The first boss is a Scorpion, the second is a Centipede and the third is a Bat which summons a bunch of smaller bats so... they might actually take your fancy @Ralizah

I will say for REmake Momma Neptune was more interesting as a puzzle boss rather then a full on fight The boss in the underground cavern was a let down even if i'm afriad of that particular creepy crawlie

And boy was I rolling in healing items by the end of this!

6 first aid kits, 7 first aid sprays, 5 complete herby heals, 1 three green heal, 2 red and green heals and a two green & blue heal... And apparently I healed 17 times!

I was finding this quite tough til I got out the mansion...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Beard-Crumbs

I'm definitely a little late to the party but I'm currently playing Spider-man. About 30% into the campaign and things seem to be really heating up!

Beard-Crumbs

PSN: Beard-Crumbs

HallowMoonshadow

Glad you're enjoying it once again @KratosMD !

I think they revealed yesterday (and thamks for Ralizah for menyioning it) that Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete is coming to PC and Switch (which has both games in/on it) the strategy game Digimon Survive is getting delayed til 2020 and I think they're working on a new Digimon Story game which hopefully will play similarly to Cyber Sleuth

And yeah we're quite alike in being golden oldies that have only just got back into Digimon lol

HallowMoonshadow

Well the next game @KratosMD isn't gonna be another Cyber Sleuth game as they're done with that I think.

As part of the "Digimon Story" series though it'll be a turn based rpg at least unlike the monster rearing in the "World" games or Survive and it's survival strategy stuff if that gets turned into a sub series too

Also here in the UK I don't think Netflix has any Digimon series at all xD

RogerRoger

I'm quietly pleased with myself (well, if "quietly..." means "coming on a public forum and boasting about my mad skillz because I'm really...") after playing the two new Special Assignments in Hitman 2.

They only really use a small corner of each map (Colombia and Mumbai, remixed with new weather effects) and give you a somewhat-straightforward objective, but they make for tightly-focused, short and sharp reminders of everything you love about Hitman games. No matter the tiny footprint, each target still affords multiple and diverse opportunities for mayhem, from disguising yourself as a shaman and carrying out a bogus "blessing" to going along with a con-man's trick so that you can turn the tables on him when he demands you empty your pockets.

What's even more satisfying is the backstory for each mission. I particularly enjoyed the Colombia one, as the target is an American big game hunter who only tracks and kills endangered species, and enables other rich people to do the same. There were several nods to the Cecil the Lion / Walter Palmer case; like all the best Hitman targets, the real-life parallels were obvious, but it made me all the more eager to do a good job.

Within a couple hours, managed to get Silent Assassin ratings on both missions. As long as they keep adding content, I'll keep saying it; this game is absolutely fantastic. I can't wait for the next major DLC injection, but there's a new Sniper Assassin map coming at the beginning of August that'll tide me over.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

On the heels of seeing Spider-Man: Far From Home I thought no better time than the present to finally play Marvel’s Spider-Man. I’m only just an hour into it, but first impressions are favorable. The game has been discussed ad nauseam so I won’t belabor, only to say it’s true how everyone says it feels very ... familiar. Like Batman from the Arkham series except quicker and nimbler. Maybe like Devil May Cry meets Batman Arkham City. We’ll see if it grabs me strongly, but it’s decent fun so far.

Peter Parker’s voice sounded so familiar and it kept bothering that I couldn’t place it, so I had to google it. Turns out it’s Yuri Lowenthal is the voice actor. He is great in the role so far with the recurrent funny quips and youthful exuberance to his performance. And he sounds so familiar because he also is the voice of Persona 4’s Yosuke Hanamura! Such a perfect voice casting. He nails the goofy, funny teenager really well.
As a side note, looking at Lowenthal’s resume’ I didn’t realize how prolific he is as a VA, with roles in Prince of Persia, Fire Emblem, Saints Row, Castlevania, etc.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Yuri's pretty much in everything @Th3solution !

He's like the Sam Jackson of VA's with him doing Ryoji, Pharos AND the main protagonist in Persona 3 alongside all that other stuff!

But he's rather perfect as Peter Parker/Spiderman

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, I didn’t realize who he was until now. A lot of his work is Japanese games and anime which I don’t know as well.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ApostateMage

I'm sure he plays random npcs in GTAV. Immediately recognised Yosuke from P4G when I heard a conversation between pedestrians.

ApostateMage

RogerRoger

@Th3solution @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yuri Lowenthal will forever be Sasuke Uchiha for me (perhaps his most content-heavy role as he's done it for every episode, movie and game) but I do love hearing his voice pop up. Last time I recognised it, I was walking past a guardsman in Horizon: Zero Dawn and it made me (and Aloy) do a double-take.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

RANGER!!!

Dunno why but I smile every time this is said in Middle Earth: Shadow Of War from the Orcs

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy How is Shadow of War? That’s a game that fell off the face of the earth pretty quickly. Supposedly a really good game but I think it was killed by the bad press from microtransactions. I saw a pre-owned copy at GameStop yesterday going for $9 and thought that was amazingly cheap for such a high profile that’s not even 2 years old yet. I didn’t buy though. The first game was good, not great, so I’ve not felt it quite worth my time despite it being supposed better than the first one by a significant margin.

HallowMoonshadow

I did play Shadow Of Mordor @Th3solution so I can compare it to that but not a whole lot as I'm only three/four hours into Shadow Of War over the past two days and I ended up dropping Shadow Of Mordor when i played it.

Ten minutes into the game and you lose the dominate power for the most obvious "so you start from scratch/LVL 1" vibe.
Not a fan of "Sexy" Shelob either.

I figure if people are REALLY into the LOTR lore then all this canon defilment will drive ya batty even if this is supposed to be an alternate universe thing.

Talion bores me to tears as a protagonist with his dreary I'm still Human and good ramblings that he's no doubt going to get into from what he's alreay grumbled about.

Still switching to the Elf Lady character skin (I've forgotten the name of her (Haven't met her yet either if she's supposed to be in the main game) but she's got a DLC campaign as the main menu told me) and hearing Tallion/Troy Baker's voice come out her lips was good for a slight chuckle.

Thank goodness there's Celebrimbor about to be so obviously evil like he's the second coming of Sauron to liven things up with his snark and general disdain for Tallion being a mopey so and so. Especially when HE'S the naffing ghost of the pair

Thank F$/# for the orcs too... Just fought a Orc whom was a bard who sang before duking it out with me and earlier there was one who had two heads and was speaking for his "brother" as we fought.

They've definitely improved on the Orcs and the Nemesis system but I can't say how much yet due to the arbitrary story reason of having to get the dominate power back so I can't interact with a notable portion of it.

Still there's a bunch of neat new characterisations for the orcs with more mechanics and abilities for them like trackers who keep following you round the map or defenders with shields etc...

Plus from the skill upgrade screen there's some neat things I can glean like setting up a body guard that can protect you and can summon at any time to fight with you and a shaming/humilating orcs mechanic (For an advantage, betterr loot or something I assume)

I'm not that far in but already the one area of Minas Ithil (which becomes Minas Morgul eventually) is a much larger area (and more varied too I think with notable lamdmarks) then whatever the main place was in Shadow Of Mordor.

It's better then Shadow Of Mordor so far? I don't see it becoming outstanding or pefection, a Good or possibly Great is where I see it being.

I'm enjoying the gameplay more this time around so I might stick with this one. Though It probably helps that this is the first open world type game I've played this year as well!

It's defintely a game you play more for the gameplay... So yeah... Hope that helps!

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks for the early impressions! It sounds about like I expected. Maybe it’ll be something to consider if the mood strikes.

Kidfried

Horizon Chase Turbo.

A few things I like:

• Out Run is my favorite game from before I was born. From what I have been playing so far, this game doesn't even come close to matching that game's style, but I like the way in which it's trying to.
  • The controls are responsive and simple, which is perfect for this style of game.

A few things I don't like:

• The start of each race (when you're in the "pack") feels pretty random and hardly skilled based.
  • Talking about skills, I hate this game's mobile origin. Getting enough stars to continue to the next level feels kinda grind-y, and also kinda pointless, when you're updating your car throughout.
  • Frame drops and loading screens. They both shouldn't be here.
  • It just lacks character.

So, that's 4 things I don't like vs only 2 things I like. This game has kinda been a disappointment after the recommendation on the front page. :/

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah it does sound a little disappointing. Probably a skip for me. So not even as good as the arcade mini game Outrun in Yakuza? 😛

How’s AC Origins treating you?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic