Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 6,460

RogerRoger

Now that I've finished Dragon Age: Inquisition, I'll likely be heading back to Hitman 2 for a little while, to mop up any remaining challenges in levels I haven't aced yet. I also want to play the now-complete DLC for Shadow of the Tomb Raider after my best friend played it and told me that she was pleasantly surprised by how great each tomb ended up being.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Ryall @Frigate Ha, ha, yeah well that is true that it’s a matter of perspective. Villain or hero, virtue or vice, good or evil, assassin or templar.... actually I think it’s part of what the AC series is trying to say. Maybe. Perhaps I’m giving it too much credit. I haven’t played any AC games since Black Flag soured my taste.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

andreoni79

Just started Yakuza 6 tonight. It's my very first Yakuza game and after three hours my jaw is still on the floor. The direction is just incredible. Both audio and subtitles are in foreign languages for me, still it feels incredibly immersive.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

PSVR_lover

Resident Evil 2 an amazing game.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

ZeD

I am currently continuing my first play through of Persona 5. I started it nearly 12 months ago but due to life and other things, I just stopped playing it (no idea why).
Got back into it in the past week and dropped over 10 hours into it (which is a lot of hours in a week for me atm) and I am in love again. In fact, I may go play it now.....

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

Th3solution

@ZeD I’m in the same boat as you. I started it a year or more ago and didn’t ever finish. I think I’m on the third or fourth palace where I halted my progress. Other games demanded my attention and there was a small difficulty spike in this palace which became an obstacle as well. I really need to pick it back up. Are you far along now?

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KidRyan

I'm kinda lost on what to play...might give Resident Evil 1 another try, or maybe I'll return to Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Either that or take another stab at Life is Strange: Before the Storm.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

ZeD

@KidBoruto Before the Storm is incredible! Really opens your eyes to the tragic life that is Chloe's
The final scene of episode 3 and the Farewell episode really hit the point

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

KidRyan

ZeD wrote:

@KidBoruto Before the Storm is incredible! Really opens your eyes to the tragic life that is Chloe's
The final scene of episode 3 and the Farewell episode really hit the point

I only made it to the end of Episode 1 the first time I tried out Before the Storm, but despite the different voice actors and loss of time powers, I still had alot of fun.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

I dipped a toe back in to Grip yesterday following the new free Anti-Grav update.

Glad I did, still bags of fun.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

tomassi

My son is comandeering the PS4 upstairs with his cousin for a sleepover tonight so, won't get on it until maybe Sunday evening. Will probably recreate that days Premier League games on PES 2019 and that be it.

tomassi

redd214

Been playing lots of Battlefront 2 with my kids lately and getting back into Deus Ex finally

redd214

Th3solution

In my wandering attempts to overcome my gaming apathy lately, I’ve been searching for something a little different than the usual large open world third person action games that I usually enjoy.
So I’ve been playing more Transistor, a game I started a little while back and never finished and Injustice 2 Legendary Edition.
Transistor is a nice unique game, with a surprisingly deep gameplay loop. I still can’t get over the annoying commentary of the Transistor. It’s partly the weird lines he’s constantly yammering, and partly the actual voice actor’s voice being a little like nails on a chalkboard to me. Nothing against him personally, but his voice doesn’t match the role well. Which is fine, except it’s the only voice in the whole game and you hear it constantly.

Injustice 2. I just started it because I’ve been on a DC and Batman kick lately. And I figured a fighter would be a good way to do pick-up-and-play in short bursts, which I need right now. Well, I don’t play fighters much and I’ve never been good at them. I quite enjoyed SoulCalibur 6 recently, so I thought I’d give Injustice a shot. ...Well, I’m awful at it. If plays quite differently from SoulCalibur. My timing is horrible on it. I’m struggling to get through the tutorials even. But man, the game is really beautiful and fluid. It is wonderfully designed with a really great amount of solo content and depth to the modes. And the cast of characters is very nice. Most of the DC stars you’d want to see are all there. I think it’ll be enjoyable eventually if I can get the learning curve down a little.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I hear you regarding Injustice 2. I got a fancy edition at launch, played it for about three days (saw the end of the story and mooched around in the Multiverse) and then promptly uninstalled it, and have never gone back. Which is a real shame, because all the positive things you said about the game are true, but my fighting game experience is limited and I don't think I gave it enough focus to "git gud". That and it launched during a particularly hot summer here in the UK, and no amount of air conditioning can make a rapid-fire, button-mashing, skill-based, edge-of-your-seat game comfortable to play in warm weather.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, I spent about 2 hours last night trying to nail the combo cancelling mechanic. The timing is so hard for me to get. I’ll probably end up mashing my way through the story on easy and dink around in the Multiverse too, just to have a fresh gaming experience different from my usual and to soak up the great visuals. If along the way I “git gud” then I’ll spend time online or maxing out all the characters. The lootbox farming is definitely a turn off and I think it looks to be mostly a cosmetic thing, but I’m a little put off that I specifically sprang an extra couple bucks to get the Legendary Edition since the game is two years old and hoping I wouldn’t feel like I had content kept from me, but alas, it seems these “Mother boxes” are an integral part of the game’s structure.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Oh, I remember that specific move you're talking about. MUCH RAGE. I think I might've even skipped the tutorial (and the resulting trophy, alas) because I simply couldn't get it. The story will cheer you up, as it's a pretty decent grab-bag of comic book nonsense, with great cutscenes and representations of the DC characters they've assembled. Some I'd never heard of before, but ended up becoming a fan of by the time the credits rolled.

Ignore the loot boxes, yeah. It's all cosmetic (although some gear will grant you stat boosts, and so there's obviously an element of "the most expensive box gives you the best gear" involved, none of it makes a real impact if you're just there to play on easy and have fun). I got a little drawn into it because I accidentally cobbled together an utterly-hideous Batman from random bits of gear, but it wasn't worth the grind to stick around and fix him, so I just returned him to default and he was fine.

I hope the extra characters are worth it. The fancy launch version I got only included the first three DLC folks, and I think I only took Red Hood out for a spin in the end. I never went back and purchased the others, although I was only really interested in Darkseid and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (despite not being a fan of the latter, they looked fun).

It's a solid, fancy-lookin' distraction if you need to shake up your gaming. Enjoy!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger So far I’ve messed around with the TMNT Leonardo and Starfire from the DLC folks. Yeah, I’ve always found the TMNT to be a ridiculous series — like some writer’s fever dream that he threw together just to see if it got past the publisher (“Hey let me throw a bunch of words and character traits into a hat and pull out 4 of them and see if I can make it work. Teenagers... Mutants... Ninjas.... Turtles? Sounds insane but eh, why not? I’ve got no other ideas and I’m up against a deadline... I’ll give them all names of classical artists and philosophers to make it ever more ludicrous...”) But the character is actually pretty fun to fight as. The special involves one of his companions (Raphael?) coming in on a skateboard and knocking over the opponent, then giving Leonardo a high-five. Goofy, but fun to see.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution

That's it. That's what I'm always gonna think of now whenever I see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles anywhere. I can picture that writing process perfectly, end to end. Thanks for that!

I was wondering how they worked as a fighter. They do sound pretty neat.

No matter how hurried and haphazard their creation.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic