Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 101 to 120 of 6,458

Doctor_BK

@SilentJ I loved Shadow of Mordor, and look forward to Shadow of War if you haven't played it yet. It's a better game in every way, and has a fun and rewarding endgame if you don't feel like putting the controller down after you beat the campaign.

"Flame, dear, flame."

PSN: GrzzlyWzrd

Azzurro82

Just playing through Borderlands 2 after picking up the Handsome Collection in the January sale. I enjoyed the original Borderlands on PS3, but never picked up 2. Having a blast.

Azzurro82

Th3solution

At the behest of @kyleforrester87 and @themcnoisy I’ve been mixing in some time with Fez. During my first play session with it I was not terribly impressed. Not a horrible game, but just didn’t seem my cup o’ tea. It was a little cryptic in what the point of the game is too. But I went back to it last night and I actually enjoyed it a little more the second time. The shifting perspective thing takes a little getting used to. I’m still only a couple hours in, I have 5 cubes completed I think, so I’ll give it some more time to see if I want to go for completing it all (32 cubes I think it says in the trophy list 😪)

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

YeYa

I will have a lot of work this month so I won't have a lot of time for W3, but I will try my best.

PSN: YeYa_3

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 you could be right. I dont watch GoT so it was a nice intro to the series. Pretty brutal at times.

Tonight Im playing more GT Sport and attempting a more difficult playthrough on gundam vs.

Tomorrow the psvr is coming back out and Im having a blast on Arkham vr and Destruction ball.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution Once you've got all 32 cubes you can then go for the (much) more difficult 32 anti-cubes. If you don't like it after a few hours maybe it's not for you, I was immediately a massive fan of the ambience and overall mood. It does help if you enjoy ambient electronic music

The game is about lost civilisations, alien races and evolution (think 2001 space odyssey), with lots of visual clues built into the environments that you should keep an eye out for.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@Th3solution Thats surprising. I thought fez was the universal gamers game. Its fun, engaging, short and surprising. I was almost at 100% completion and had to briefly use a guide towards the backend of the game when it became too cryptic.

Ralizah

I'll never get the love for Fez. I thought it was insanely dull.

Glad people are enjoying it, though.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, the music and graphical presentation are an interesting meld of retro with current gen. It’s definitely unique. I have that little subtle itch to play it the more I think about it, so maybe that’s a sign that it’s getting its hooks in me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@themcnoisy I think I’ve been spoiled by games being more directly tutorial about what to do and what the objectives are and where to go, so it has taken me a bit to get into it. I think I’m getting the hang of it now. It has been a good mix up between free roaming open world games. I’ll keep you all posted.

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution Just explore as you see fit and if you feel like you're done with an area move on to the next one, you'll back track a lot later on in the game if you're enjoying it enough, and there is a lot you will miss in each area during the first pass through as well. It's a zen platformer so shouldn't be a stressful experience!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

KitsuneNight

street fighter V arcade edition

KitsuneNight

themcnoisy

@Ralizah Im surprised by that too. Very surprised.

Personally with it all fitting together like a glove and more if you dig far enough Fez is a revelation. Theres a limited intro phase and then you have to piece everything together yourself. I quite like that about fez, the witness and statik.

Ralizah

KratosMD wrote:

I've been playing a lot of Arkham Knight the past couple of days and I can say that my opinion of it has gone a full 180, this game is gradually becoming the best Batman Arkham game ever for me.

Glad you're coming around on it!

It has the best story and ending of all the Arkham games, imo. I still prefer Asylum overall for its slower, more Metroidvania-esque gameplay, but I think AK really nailed the open world Batman thing.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Tjuz Glad your enjoying it! I've started it too but only upto episode 3 in chapter 1. Not come across any glitches yet but have heard it is suppossed to be quite bad. I might be getting mixed up but i thought this was an updated engine? Game of Thrones i found quite bad on a technical level but Borderlands i found fine.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

Started Assassin's Creed Origins tonight. I have had a mixed relationship with the AC series. I thought AC and AC II were ok, I enjoyed them for what they were and all but nothing to write home about. Never played Brotherhood and really didn't enjoy the series till AC III and IV which before playing Origins were my favorites. But I will say the time I spent on Origins tonight I enjoyed immensely. I loved how they went for a more RPG feel with this one. I think taking that year off was a smart move.

This game will keep me busy for awhile.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven!

Never read the manga, never watched the anime.
Saw a bit of gameplay and thought I might like it. Turns out I was right.
I don't even know how I would describe this game. It's just so ridiculously over the top.
It's one of those games that are impossible to recommend (outside of fans of the show), but if you like it, you'll love it.
Untitled

ORA ORA ORA!

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Gamer83

Started playing Street Fighter V following the Arcade Edition update. Took two years but it's now finally up to par with what I expect from the series.

Gamer83

KidRyan

I finally beat Ratchet & Clank (PS4) recently, there were alot of funny and nostalgic moments for sure, and the story was surprisingly good for a remake.

Now I'm currently playing inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4), loving it! Best PS4 game I've played so far .

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

I decided to to give Warframe a go as I've heard good things about it since the last update. I'm enjoying it so far, really like the mobility of your avatar with you wall jumping and running.
I have been impressed with it graphically. It's no Destiny but I'd imagine it has a smaller budget, but better than Elder Scrolls Online which I thought looked like a last gen game.
The combat feels good with a nice weight to everything. My only complaint so far is that the levels are a bit sparse with not many enemies and not much variation, but I am only on the third level so that could improve.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic