Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 5,729

RogerRoger

Life is Strange 2 delivered my thirty-seventh platinum yesterday.

As before, it's a simple list to approach; play through and then tidy up any collectibles you missed. It did catch me off-guard, though, as you get a trophy for completing a sketch in the first ten minutes and I thought to myself "Ah, so sketches will be like the polaroids from last time!" but no, turns out that there are actually six objects you have to find and take in every episode, with any random sketch being a bonus trophy. I missed a lot of early items whilst searching for landscapes to draw instead. Cheeky!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

As I have a week off I thought I'd do a bit of trophy hunting and got my Resident Evil 2 platinum. It was pretty tough, especially the Hunk scenario and the first time on hardcore before unlocking the infinite ammo weapons. Finished it off just now by doing Claire's scenario B on hardcore in just under 1 hour 40 mins, now bring on the Nemesis 😁

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Kidfried

Got it.i actually got it. The Platinum trophy for Assassin's Creed Origins. After 7 months. Gee my, am I proud of myself.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Well done, I saw that on psn. Dunno how you managed to get all those trophies after each other, it's taken me an age to get the last few.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder That's so sweet.thank you. It mostly took a lot of discipline, more than anything else. Oh well, onto the next!

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Once I've got the completed all the locations, which is probaby one of the more time consuming, I reckon the rest will come quite easily.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Yennifer

RogerRoger wrote:

Life is Strange 2 delivered my thirty-seventh platinum yesterday.

As before, it's a simple list to approach; play through and then tidy up any collectibles you missed. It did catch me off-guard, though, as you get a trophy for completing a sketch in the first ten minutes and I thought to myself "Ah, so sketches will be like the polaroids from last time!" but no, turns out that there are actually six objects you have to find and take in every episode, with any random sketch being a bonus trophy. I missed a lot of early items whilst searching for landscapes to draw instead. Cheeky!

I always do the same with LiS:) love those games.

Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.

RogerRoger

@Yennifer They are pretty neat, yeah. I'm just glad they have simple trophy lists, and not "see all possible endings" or "engineer this specific outcome" or anything!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

redd214

Just got the platinum in NFS Heat for #78! Now working on getting all the dlc trophies for Resogun and slowly plugging away again on Deus Ex.

redd214

Kidfried

I had to put two extra hours into achieving the Platinum trophy for the Obra Dinn. It consisted of skipping through the game as fast as possible and I wouldn't call it "fun".

Still, I really wanted to get that last trophy to see the alternative ending and because I felt the game was just that good.

Hats off to your genius, Lucas Pope.

Kidfried

Gremio108

I finally got the 1,000 fish trophy in Shenmue III today. It was a real "what am I doing with my life" moment.

Becoming a master fisherman, that's what I'm doing

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Can you catch us a couple of kippers for dinner tomos?

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 I don't know what those are.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Shenmue 3's currency, but don't worry you can have them all for free. Ryo's hotel room is full of them from all the fishing I've been doing. I think Ryo has forgotten all about avenging his father at this point. He just lives for fishing now.

Gremio108

The Shenmue III platinum is finally mine. I'll be honest, if I didn't have the plats for the other two, I probably wouldn't have bothered getting it. But like a bunch of crappy capsule toys, I wanted the whole set.

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Congratulations! Sounds like a bit more of a chore than the previous two.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Yep, definitely a step up from the other two, pain-in-the-arse-wise. The fishing trophy is the biggie, but there are others which are easily missed if you don't keep track of them. The herb collecting trophies were a nightmare for me, but they don't have to be. I just made them much harder than was necessary.

jdv95

@Gremio108 1000 fishes?

man can't imagine going for such a long grind.

i'm fine with collectable trophies but 1000? oof

congrats!

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108 wrote:

@JohnnyShoulder Shenmue 3's currency, but don't worry you can have them all for free. Ryo's hotel room is full of them from all the fishing I've been doing. I think Ryo has forgotten all about avenging his father at this point. He just lives for fishing now.

@Gremio108 Soz for the late reply. It would be well weird if a load of fish got delivered at my place now. And well done on the plat!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic