Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 5,261 to 5,280 of 5,729

render

@colonelkilgore It's definitely feeling like that, there's no way it's a 20 hour job. It's made worse by the fact that you can get quite far into a section and then get destroyed by a hoard or what have you and then have to start back at the beginning again. Quite often there's not even the possibility of being able to run through to where you got to as they most to fast. At least that's my experience 😅

render

colonelkilgore

@render i know exactly what you mean 😅. The major plus is… by the time we’ve been through on grim and morbid, a co-op run on brain dead should be a walk in the park

**** DLC!

CaptD

A walk in the park is only mission 3, you aren't even halfway at that point. 😝
I'm planning to have the platinum as a milestone and I have about twenty odd platinums before that so it will be installed on my machine for quite some time...I'm happy to play coop whenever.
Despite having most of the trophies I still haven't killed 54k zombies so there is no getting around the fact that it is a 40-50 hour platinum, yes you could repeat mission 10 lots of times which might shave a few hours off but it is still a long (thankfully entertaining) grind. Personally I would prefer repeat playthroughs than that though.

Footnote.. My first trophy in this game was 9 years ago. 😩

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD 9 years! I’ve had a couple of plats where I’ve gone back to old games I started way back but I think 9 years has me beat (by a couple of years probably). Will be good to get that one squared away then. Out of interest, what’s the milestone that you’re saving it for?

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Longest plat milestone, nah it is 300th plat.
I must say I've enjoyed this Pushsquare unofficial game of the month so thanks for recommending it, I binned it off years ago as Roads to Devastation didn't seemed that fun plus I don't particular that type of gameplay loop but is isn't actually that bad with the right strategy.
Plus 7/10 difficulty on guide seemed too high for me but I don't think it is that bad although a couple of muppets have it as 2/10 on pstrophies...2/10 for me is something you can play with your feet and Dead nation ain't that.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD that’s a biggie alright, congrats in advance (though I’ll be sure to do so again when you reach it 😉).

So I haven’t really played any twin-stick schmups before, so I’m probably not the right person to rate it’s difficulty but… for me a 7/10 seems about right (hell I could even go to an 8 after trying Highway to Hell on Morbid 😅).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

johncalmc

Gonna start the Yakuza 4 platinum soon I think. Genuinely considering trying to get the platinum in Final Fantasy XIV at the minute. It's a ludicrous time investment. Actually comical. But someone's gotta do it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

sorteddan

#165 The Ascent (PS5)
Already discussed my thought on this in the 'what PS5 games are you playing' thread.
It's alright but glad it's now done. Around 24 hours total time, no difficult trophies but did just have to spend around 10mins repeatedly doing a kamikaze run into a mingunner in order to get to 100 deaths!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@sorteddan Congrats although a shame it was so so, I remember seeing it as an Xbox exclusive a few years back and thinking at the time that it reminded me of Dead Nation and that I wanted to play it.
I guess I might wait for it to drop on PS+(+).

CaptD

MaulTsir

@sorteddan congrats, I have always been interested in the game myself but I think I'll wait for it to go to ps + to give it a try.

#23 Tails of Iron

A Brilliant little Indie game, loved the art style and the combat, the narration story telling was also a really nice touch, would definitely recommend to any one who likes games like Hollow Knight or Cuphead, not as hard as them 2 but definitely some challenging fights. Also it does have am easy mode for anyone just wanting to enjoy the game and it doesn't effect the plat.
8hrs was my save time for completing the plat.

MaulTsir

render

@sorteddan Congrats, nice work on The Ascent. That was a game I was keen to try at one point but based on your comments I might leave it until I've run out of games I really want to play.

@MaulTsir Congrats as well. I'm really into Hollow Knight so might check that one out.

render

sorteddan

@CaptD @MaulTsir @render
Thanks People.
But you know it may just be me that's wrong right? I worry you may miss out on something you'd enjoy just because I don't.

And Congratulations on Tales of Iron @MaulTsir
Was curious about it but 8 hours sounds like something may be able to fit a smaller game into my schedule. Also thought I may reach an insurmountable challenge and give up so good to know about the difficulty. Can you change difficulty part way through or are you locked in from the start?

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@MaulTsir Nice work, I have that one installed and it is just waiting for its time slot.

My new plats are...
Dead nation (vita). This one only took 4 or so years, it was that tricky to find a coop partner (I jest).
Good game on vita, nice port with a few dips in frame rate but nothing that isn't to be expected considering. Easier platinum than the PS4 version as there are less undead in the Vita world which is strange considering the Vita is dead.
In fact platinum rarity is 5% as opposed to 0.5% on PS4 which is actually great to see as it shows the Vita people are willing to grind out the 53k which is a longer grind due to fewer zombies.

Second up is Life is strange 2. I don't think I enjoyed this as much as the Colonel but it was good, just a tad boring in places. Good locales though and the music was also top notch.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD congrats on Dead Nation (Vita) and Life is Strange 2… sounds like I may have got you expectations a little out of whack on the latter, my bad. A fine days work though!

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@CaptD
But there are still enough zombies for a Nation right? Sounds like more of a Dead Principality...

Well done on your recent double!

MaulTsir

@sorteddan I believe its locked at the start, I enjoyed the challenge, you don't level like typical rpgs you find better gear that helps you improve your stats.

MaulTsir

sorteddan

#166 The Light in the Darkness (PS5)
Gameplay difficulty 2/10
Emotional difficulty: High

Less a game and more an interactive educational experience portraying aspects of life for a Jewish family living in France during the 1940s. I downloaded it for the easy platinum (about 90 minutes, all trophies unmissable) but honestly found it really quite affecting.
Normally I'm on this thread to boast about my latest shiny achievement but in this case please don't respond with any congratulations, I don't feel it appropriate.

My hope is that some of you may be unaware of it and may read this and go check it out for yourself.

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan ooof… sounds heavy! I’ll be sure to take a look into it following your suggestion 👍

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic