Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,981 to 5,000 of 5,729

colonelkilgore

Platinum #130 - Deathloop - the worst ‘perfect 10’ I ever played! Not terrible, actually half-decent by the conclusion but no way near the gushing general consensus poured all over it by the majority of gaming journos.

Platinum #131 - Journey to the Savage Planet - decent little indie… a bit like an overground Subnautica. Some nice metroidvania mechanics for traversal etc too, well worth the couple of quid I spent on it during one sale or another.

A shout out to @CaptD for the help with the online trophies on the two games above 👊👊.

Platinum #132 - Far Cry: New Dawn - loved it tbh… not quite the game Far Cry 5 is but still very good (& the rank 3 expeditions in particular are Far Cry at its best).

Couple of side notes… first that’s 100 plats since I joined Push Square a little over 2 years ago.

Second, that keeps my average up of 3 plats per month for the first 4 months of 2023… now I can start chipping away at a couple of real time-intensive platinum trophies for May.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Spectacular hat-trick from @colonelkilgore
Guess you get to keep the match ball

Congrats on the 100 on here as well. That's a pretty intense rate to maintain... I thought you were slowing down in 2023!

And a timely reminder that I should probably get back around to Deathloop. Was it straightforward or any issues I should be aware of?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Bundersvessel

@colonelkilgore This is no joke, Col! Congratulations on your hat-trick mate 👍 I was having a little look at your trophy list yesterday and had a sneaky suspicion you would be batch dropping these three ✊

Oh and I missed @sorteddan on your duplicate, excellent work mate 👍

Edited on by Bundersvessel

Friendly Neighbourhood Discord

NP: Helldivers 2 [PS5] / Breath of the Wild [Switch] / Sea of Stars / Lies of P [XB]

PSN: Bundersvessel

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @render @MaulTsir @LtSarge and @sorteddan as well as double to @AgentCooper and triple to @colonelkilgore for what must be one of the most platinum-rich 24 hours this topic has ever seen! I don't think I've ever had to tag so many people in one post before!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

CaptD

@sorteddan Well done on deaths door #2
Down with autopops I say. #JUSTSAYNOAUTOPOP

@colonelkilgore Well done on the triathlon. All three are good games, as you say though Deathloop is not a ten, a good eight imo. For a fairly short game it spends an enormous amount of that time being tedious and annoying and only after that first thirdish of the game does it slip into a grove and feeling like dishonoured.

@LtSarge Well done on Astro. A wonderfully charming little game.

@MaulTsir Congrats on Among Us. Never really seen the appeal to that game tbh but it is coming to psvr2 so I might check it out when(a) it arrives and (b) I get a headset

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD @sorteddan @AgentCooper @RogerRoger cheers guys!

@sorteddan there are some real suspect trophies in Deathloop tbh bud. I had to do about 3 or 4 attempts at the Cleanish Hands trophy which requires a ‘perfect’ complete run (probably takes an hour or two each attempt)… and was pretty sure that I should’ve got it on each attempt but it is notoriously glitchy. There was a few others like Ghost at the Feast and the Spoiled for Choice trophies that also felt like they should’ve popped a lot earlier than they did too. I get the feeling that some of the subsequent update patches to the game have inadvertently made certain trophies more tricky than they were originally.

@AgentCooper yeah, as you probably already know… I’m more than a little anal about schedules and consistency etc. so while I could’ve popped all three in March, I’d already filled that quota and just left an easy bronze for each game that I could just hop on and off to get done. Plat’d all three in under 20 mins this morning 😉

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

I've not 'popped' in for a while as I've not been playing much that will lead to a plat. I was dabbling with Code Vein and Dirt Rally 2.0 while I waited for RE4 REmake, and I think I got as far as I probably will with the former. I plan on getting more trophies for the latter but think the plat is highly unlikely and not just because of the Audi one. One of the trophies for owning certain vehicles is busted as I've brought them a couple of times over now and the Rallycross trophies will be tricky as the game has repeatedly blue screen crashed on me in that mode. It always happens on the exact same moment of holding the handbrake waiting for the lights. It's not every time as I've managed to get through a few 'events' but it's happened about half a dozen times.
Yeah so not sure when I will be next getting a plat as RE4 has some super tough ones that seem unlikely for me too, it could be a while.

Anyway, congrats to everyone still achieving them @render @MaulTsir @LtSarge @sorteddan @AgentCooper @colonelkilgore and the likely others I've missed. A lot of the usual suspects there.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

LtSarge

@sorteddan @colonelkilgore @AgentCooper Thanks guys, and congrats to your Platinums as well!

@RogerRoger @CaptD @BearsEatBeets Thank you!

@Thrillho I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I completely ignored the activity cards for the game. I much prefer to just go to PlayStationTrophies and use a guide there.

I think the concept of activity cards would've been great decades ago when the internet wasn't a common thing. But now we have access to so many guides, both text and video, that I don't really feel that compelled to use activity cards.

LtSarge

MaulTsir

Congrats to everyone on their latest plats!

#21 What Remains Of Edith Finch.

Completed the game on ps4 a while ago and noticed that the ps5 version was available, took about 30mins with my ps4 save loaded up, but I did enjoy going through most of the stories again, a really great game.

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

Well done @MaulTsir… and you’re definitely in the massive majority of people you enjoyed it. I on the other hand was in the minority… as per 😔.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@MaulTsir Blimey, quick win is quick, but still a win! Nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bundersvessel

@BearsEatBeets Ta! Those rally trophies sound like a headache. Regardless, if you’re enjoying your time then that’s all that matters 👍 I don’t think I’ll ever (probably) pop a resi plat, but I’m ok with that, they can get very frustrating very quickly.

@MaulTsir Congrats once again, I wasn’t aware there was a platinum available for this. Maybe one day I’ll play it again, great game, glad you enjoyed it 👍

NP: Helldivers 2 [PS5] / Breath of the Wild [Switch] / Sea of Stars / Lies of P [XB]

colonelkilgore

@AgentCooper really excited to make a start on The Surge 2 this week. I limit myself to one souls-like every 6 months so that I don’t get burned out on them (and to ensure that I dont burn through them all and have no souls-likes left in the backlog). I was one of the few people who actually loved the original The Surge and the sequel is supposedly a marked improvement.

I’ve also re-installed Diablo 3 as all the talk of the Diablo 4 beta has piqued my interest. I tried it about 5 years ago and it didnt click… but I reckon that I need to give it another chance. How about you, what’s on your slate?

**** DLC!

Bundersvessel

@colonelkilgore I’ve heard good things about The Surge, I think it was part of plus essential a couple of years back if I remember correctly. If you were to sell to someone how would you do it? Good luck, I hope the sequel lives up to your expectations. Still fancy a Diablo, they’re in the same camp as Final Fantasy, admiring from afar but never sure if they’re for me. Let me know how you get on.

Aside from cracking on with Assassin’s Creed, not much else concrete. It’s hard to make any real plans at the moment with the baby still so young. My eldest has challenged me to attain a Lego platinum, so I expect I’ll have a crack at dc villains over the school holiday.

CaptD

@MaulTsir Great stuff, What remains of EF is brilliant. It is in my backlog.

@Colonelkilgore I hope you enjoy Surge 2, I thought S1 was really good and had some interesting spins on the souls formula. I bought Surge 2 a while back but haven't got round to it, then it appears on PS++

@AgentCooper RE4r looks a nightmare to platinum but some of them are quite doable, RE7 RE1r and RE5 are not too bad.
Resident evil games are normally quite fun to platinum, what with all the various spins it puts on things like knife only, play as different characters.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@AgentCooper well hope you continue to enjoy the AC series… there really is a big leap in quality between the original and AC 2, so keep that in mind if burn out ever begins to creep in. So I played my first Lego game last year (Lego: Lord of the Rings)… I hate to say it but I found it a bit of an arduous grind if I’m honest. At the time I was in the camp of “I’m never playing another Lego game!”… but that’s softened some now and I probably will end up slotting another one in at some point.

About The Surge series… I’d struggle to suggest it to someone new to the genre tbh. It’s probably one for the souls-like purists, as the combat is more pragmatic and attritional than From Software’s games… or those of Team Ninja in particular (although the reviews suggest that The Surge 2 is more accessible than the first one in fairness). I’d always advise people looking to start playing Souls-likes to open up where it all began… ie Demon’s Souls or Dark Souls and take it from there really.

@CaptD cheers dude. Yeah I picked the game up at release 3 years ago or so… and am only now gonna get to start it. From re-watching a load of the reviews (from Skill Up, Luke Stephens, Fextralife, Jim Stirling etc.) I have a feeling that I’m gonna be well and truly bowled over by what an improved game the sequel actually is. I’ll be sure to let you know if you need to drop everything and dive in as soon as I know 😉.

**** DLC!

CuteBoyMnM

Plat #94 Resident Evil 4 Remake (PS5). Absolutely loved this game with the changes made from the original. By far the most difficult thing I did was go for a Professional S+ run where I died, swore and cried too many times but pushed forward to see the light. Since I've gotten everything unlocked, I guess I can now enjoy the game. Up next is Dishonored 2, which has been in the backlog for years.

@colnelkilgore Best of luck with The Surge 2. I didn't get far in the first one (beat the first boss then got lost) but it was a pretty cool experience. The same thing happened to me with the sequel so maybe I'm just bad at it or I just need to put more time into learning how the game works.

Edited on by CuteBoyMnM

CuteBoyMnM

PSN: m48blueteam

CWill97

I finally have a new one to report: Yakuza Kiwami 2. I picked this over Yakuza Kiwami 1 because I doubt I could have completed the chase scene in YK 1 on Legendary. I barely completed it on my first run haha.

The first playthrough was so much fun. The story wasn’t shabby. Combat was better than YK1 IMO. Well, easier is more like it. So I enjoyed it more haha. Legendary mode was smooth sailing compared to the bouncer missions when I got all the skills unlocked. But, the mini games for 100% completion (besides Cabaret Club & Clan Creator) felt like filler content. Karaoke, mahjong, & all of Haruka’s requests were the real grind.

If anyone ever goes for these: don’t do the mini games Haruka has requests for before you unlock her being with you. It saves you time nailing both the completion list objective & request at the same time.

Overall, it was a fun journey. Does anyone else here have it? Congrats everyone on your recent platinums!! 😎😎😎

CWill97

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic