Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,921 to 4,940 of 5,747

render

@CuteBoyMnM @RogerRoger @Voltan @Bentleyma Nice work on those platinums.

@colonelkilgore Great job on finishing off that grindy max level trophy and it was a pleasure to help. I think I'm on level 73 so still a long way to go but hopefully will fit some more coop hordes in to top that up. I really enjoy these Rebellion games so looking forward to getting into Strange Brigade sometime in the future when you are ready šŸ‘Š

render

CaptD

@render To rank up more quickly I replayed missions 1-2 and 1-3. Set it to 2 player zombie quantity and on easy, slapped on slower Xp multiplier decay. Keep that multiplier high and go for the gold medal score.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD @render cheers lads, was a lot of funā€¦ and if @render still want a hand on the hordes (availability permitting) Iā€™ll log on šŸ‘.

And yeah will be right up for some more Rebellion developed 3rd person shooter action with Strange Brigade (and maybe even Zombie Army Trilogy)ā€¦ once the dust clears šŸ‘Š.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

Double congrats to @CuteBoyMnM for that impressive one-two punch, and to @colonelkilgore for making good on that group effort! Nice work, both!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Normally I'd run a mile from zombie stuff, but my recent experience with Metal Gear Survive has me wondering whether I might be braver than I thought. Will keep it in mind, cheers!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger You're always braver than you think!

In other news, I got the relatively easy Jedi Fallen Order trophy. Until yesterday I had about 20 of the 40 trophies. Then when I finally got all collectibles, only the combat/grind trophies were lef. And I got to tell you, the addition of Meditation mode, made that a walk in the park. They should have called it trophy mode.

Kill 20 enemies with explosives? Spawn one rocket launcher and 9 troopers, grouped but far away. Return the rocket to them: 10 kills. Repeat it, gain trophy.

It almost felt like cheating, but who cares?

I think I'll the skip the next game based on this one though. I really like this type of game, it's simple in the right ways (though it could have been even more streamlined for sure!).

The story's too thin though, and the gameplay didn't make me feel like a Jedi enough. (The force powers should have been faster, cost less mana and be usdeful on more and bigger enemies.)

I had a good time, and the setting within the Star Wars timeline is perfect of course, especially for big fans.

Oh, and I have no idea what to play next. Hopefully a Horizon discount is incoming soon!

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried How do you feel about diving into the world of subscription services?
Depending on how much time you have left on your PS+ sub, it might be cheaper to just upgrade to Extra and play Horizon that way. Then while youā€™re at it you can play Life is Strange True Colors, Demonā€™s Souls, Ghostwire Tokyo, FF7 Remake, The Quarry, Mafia, Stray, Spirit of the North, or whatever.

But if youā€™d rather own it, I suspect there will be a price drop before too long and if you can hold out for the complete edition, Iā€™m sure that will drop later this year with the DLC. šŸ˜„

Edit: or maybe is it time yet for The Last of Us Part II?

Edit 2: Congrats for the Fallen Order plat, by the way! Sorry, I should have led with that. šŸ˜…

Edited on by Th3solution

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

sorteddan

@CuteBoyMnM @colonelkilgore @Kidfried
Good to see that platinum train still rolling on. Good effort and congratulations to you all.

ā€œWe are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.ā€

Kidfried

@Th3solution Right, getting PS Extra is a brilliant suggestion! I didn't know Horizon was on there, makes it a no-brainer. Some games I am glad I own, like God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2, but I'm not that emotionally attached to Horizon. You're saving me a lot of money!

I'm still saving The Last of Us 2 for later this year. I need some distance between these last few months thinking about The Last of Us daily. I want to jump into that game a little more... 'fresh'?

Kidfried

Kidfried

Most platinum trophies I earn I'm not even proud of or anyway. When I post about them here, it's often more an excuse for me to share some final thoughts on the game. For so many games earning the platinum is part of beating the game to me.

I'm more a fan of trophy lists that require you to really put in an effort. Take for example the platinum for Death's Door, which had me replay the full game on a more difficult level. It wasn't too hard still, but I felt more proud of doing something like that than... walking up and down some areas I already visited to find some collectibles I couldn't care less about.

Kidfried

CaptD

@Kidfried Totally agree about trophy lists requiring more effort from the player, I think RE4 remake requires numerous playthroughs but RE games are so replayable that things like knife only runs are pretty fun. Dead space is similar in that regard.
However permadeath trophies can do one, Wolfenstein 2 perma was a mistake, you had to do it in one run (no saves) and the game was prone to crashing and other bugs.
Naughty dog (who I slagged off earlier) has one (no spoilers) in Last of us 2 but thankfully it can be chapter based which is just as well because on my permadeath run I had to jump across a gap so just as in real life I took a couple of steps back for a run up and just as I was jumping my companion AI did the jump (he came running out of nowhere) and knocked me sideways to my death. It was quite hilarious and I still have the video.

Edited on by CaptD

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@Kidfried congrats on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Orderā€¦ I agree tbh, a decent game that I feel got a tad more love than I personally thought it warranted (but we all like different things). I also agree about trophy lists that require a bit more effort than the usual. I can only muster the effort needed for really demanding platinums a few times a yearā€¦ but theyre always the ones I remember for sure.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Congratulations on that Jedi: Fallen Order platinum up there! Didn't even realise how much help the Meditation Arena would be when grinding for those combat trophies (it was added in a post-launch update, long after I'd popped my own plat) but it's awesome for those who need it, like your good self. Before its implementation, running back and forth between meditation points and known Imperial patrol routes must've added a solid hour to my save's clock, if not more. I think I did okay, though.

I'll obviously be dropping spoiler-free thoughts about Jedi: Survivor as and when, so will let you know if the story and gameplay are expanded in line with your final thoughts. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy Horizon (if that's what you ended up picking from PS Plus)!

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I think the Jedi serie holds a lot of potential. So yes, I'll be keeping a close eye on all gamer's impressions and reviews. I'll probably play the game at some point!

And I'll probably subscribe to PS Plus tomorrow!

Kidfried

CWill97

No real updates on the platinum front. I decided to play a couple Yakuza games so I could know more of the story before LAD 8. So I finished 1 and am on chapter 13 for 2.

I decided to take a detour and do Harukaā€™s requests in Y2 because Iā€™m going for the platinum eventually. I thought itā€™d be a nice change of pace but I was dead wrong. I have 9 requests left.

Currently, Iā€™m wasting my night away with Karaoke. I did Harukaā€™s song with a score of 92.1 and the 2nd with 89.4. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that the 2nd song only matters for her request. So I have to sit through her first song then try my attempt in the 2nd only to keep failing by little to nothing. Such a struggle. Damn you Haruka!

Edited on by CWill97

CWill97

colonelkilgore

@CWill97 Iā€™m yet to play Yakuza Kiwami 2 but remember how difficult I found getting the required karaoke scores on the original Yakuza Kiwami, so good luck. At least there is no ridiculously difficult car chase sequence on Legendary difficulty in the sequel thoughā€¦ memories of that still has me waking up in the midfle of the night drenched in a cold sweat šŸ˜…

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CWill97

@colonelkilgore itā€™s funny you mentioned the car scene. That part made the decision not to platinum Y1 for me. I could barely complete it on NG, I canā€™t imagine how bad itā€™d be on Legendary.

Luckily, Yakuza 2 seems a bit easier. I just finished all of Harukaā€™s Requests. I still have 6 songs with karaoke to get to 90 but Iā€™ll do that later. Now Iā€™m onto Chapter 14. Still havenā€™t touched cabaret club & clan creator. Iā€™ll do those on a rainy day because I feel like theyā€™ll be fun. Well, at least cabaret will if itā€™s anything like Y0.

CWill97

render

#56 - Hunt Showdown. Not the platinum I was expecting to pop next and probably not even the platinum I deserve. As a proper live service game itā€™s not something I expected to enjoy but thereā€™s something about this game they nailed. Itā€™s a real roller coaster of an experience too. Itā€™s been the most fun Iā€™ve had with any game before, but also the most annoyed and frustrated Iā€™ve been too.

One of the great things about the game is its mixture of PvP and PvE elements. Either of those things can totally change how the game is going in a moment. You can have taken down the boss, got the bounty and be waiting for extraction only for another team to suddenly show up and kill you all. Equally you can easily die to something environmental in a careless moment where you meet a pack of hell hounds.

While you can play solo the best moments Iā€™ve had is playing as a trio and I couldnā€™t have bagged this platinum without the elite hunter squad of Kairu (whoā€™s not on the forum anymore) and @nitram2k11. Iā€™ve lost count of the number of times one of those guys saved the day but hopefully Iā€™ve reciprocated the odd time or two šŸ˜…

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic