Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,901 to 4,920 of 5,050

CaptD

Congrats everyone on their recent plats.
@sorteddan I too was pleased I didn't pay for Callisto, such a disappointment plus I feel the preview trailers were misleading and gave the impression of a dead space spiritual successor. Thankfully we got the dead space remake which I'm playing ATM thanks to the recent EA play deal.

My plats are Odin sphere leifthrasir, Shadow legend VR, Sniper ghost warrior 3 (which wasn't that bad).

coming soon plats are Borderlands 2 VR (absolutely fantastic port, such fun), Sniper Contracts 1, NFS Unbound (on ea play) which is not very good. Uncharted legacy of whatever, "all guns" trophy glitched on me so not sure when I can be bothered to do another run.
And hopefully Dead Space.

CaptD

nessisonett

#48 - Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

Alright trophy list, although I’m not sure I completely agree with the recent trend towards simplifying collectible trophies. If I only have to find a few gold bolts, what’s the point of getting them all? Well, apart from infinite health/ammo. The void reflect one was the worst, ended up doing it in the opening sequence of Challenge Mode, same as the trophy to get all guns because inexplicably, the Pixeliser and Bouncer were 1 bolt in Challenge Mode only. I’m not saying we need a trophy for finishing Challenge Mode, maybe just one to evolve all guns and one to get all the gold bolts, because getting every bear was honestly more of a hassle. Fantastic game though all round.

Coming up to number 50, not sure what I should do for it. Maybe Lego Star Wars seeing as the Lego games were really where I started chasing plats?

[Edited by nessisonett]

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

Just snagged the Platinum trophy for Gravity Rush Remastered. It's my 26th one to date. That said, I still need to complete the DLC episodes, so I'm not done with the game just yet.

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio (PC); Overboard! (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

CaptD

@render Managed to platinum Dead Space remake. The impossible trophy is fair from it and really not too difficult at all, I just ensured I uploaded to the cloud every once in a while and just before some instant death sequences. An enjoyable platinum with a decent trophy list (not unlike the original).
PS. Never had to download from the cloud but I still don't like that sort of trophy, it is lame and a cop out imo.

CaptD

render

@CaptD Congrats on the Dead Space platinum, that's great work. So you managed to not die at all through the entire playthrough? That's pretty impressive as I died a lot during just a normal playthrough. I really enjoyed the game and maybe one day I'll go back for that platinum just to see if I can manage that

render

CaptD

@render I died loads during my medium difficulty playthrough but didn't in my impossible, however a few times I did quit to the menu as I thought "I'm not having that "). The save points are quite generous in the game and once you've finished it then you aware of the major battles and spawn points.

Impossible/hard difficulty didn't seem much different from medium if I'm being honest, however the first few areas are the trickiest until you can get to the bench and upgrade the damage but from then on it gets easier (mostly). I used mainly the plasma cutter and flame thrower (for those crawling enemies and the wall mounted tentacle things). The fire wall on the flame thrower is also very useful.
Later on I used the force gun which is a beast, never used it before except for the trophy but once upgraded this blows the crowds away. Most important to get the schematics for the weapons and I always upgraded the suit to the latest, also I found a trick with the suit and that is to not upgrade the HP until you are low on health as it gives full HP when you allocate a node to HP.

CaptD

Th3solution

@CaptD Yeah, I have found that is a common mechanic — that is, a lot of games have it so that when you upgrade the health bar or when you level up that you also replenish the health bar. I am so bad about remembering that and always do a Homer Simpson “D’oh!” when I use a potion or health pack and then immediately level up and realize I wasted a health resource. 😅 I hate it when that happens! 😂

Recently having played Jedi Survivor, there was a similar tactic of where picking up your lost XP (Soulslike bloodstain) after a death also was a free health replenishment, so boss fights became an interesting dance around the soul-spot trying not to pick it up until my health was low, and yet not waiting too long and accidentally dying first and losing all the XP! 😄

[Edited by Th3solution]

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

CaptD

@Th3solution Ha ha indeed, too easy to spam circle and in an instant your health packs are gone and of course Dead Space uses the largest health packs instead of all those rubbish minor packs.

As for the dropped Souls XP mechanic, it is good when other Devs put their own spin on things and I remember that Lords of the fallen (the original) had some health regen mechanic when near your lost souls, so you could die in a boss fight and then hopefully remember to not pick them up during the rematch.

CaptD

Thrillho

#67 - Like a Dragon Garden - The Man Who Erased His Name

Untitled

Fun game and a very achievable plat, particularly by the standards of this series.

Thrillho

render

Congrats all on their recent plats. I've been forgetting to post mine on here but for some reason a few weeks ago I got the itch to go back and play Guacamelee again having played it back in 2021.

I really got into it, so much so that I took the time to complete all the trophies I was missing for the platinum including the hard playthrough. That was quite the challenge but a good one at that. I then pushed on to Guacamelee 2 and realised I'd literally only got a few trophies left to complete the platinum on that as well. Another hard difficulty playthrough and that was 2 platinums in the bag.

Great couple of games with some really challenging platforming.

render

sorteddan

@render
Yeah I loved the both of them too... and agree that the post game platforming was more difficult than I believed in could achieve - until I did. Those games made me more open to the metroidvania genre as a whole. Congrats.

#196 Signalis (PS4)
Knew I would love this game as soon as I saw reviews of it last year. Loved this game. Proper old school survival horror and pretty much made by just two people.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Thrillho

@render I got both of those a year or two ago but only needed the hard mode run for each. I remember trying hard straight after completing the game and really struggled but weirdly had no issue going into the game fresh.

I felt a bit cheated just completing the second game with the bad ending but couldn’t bring myself to do everything to get the good ending for a second time.

Thrillho

CaptD

Well done to folks for their recent plats.
@render I haven't played Guacamelee 2 as I gave up on Guacamelee 1, beyond my skill set and I remember being stuck trying to get up a tree...so frustrating.
@sorteddan Signalis is definitely on my to buy list.

CaptD

render

@sorteddan @Thrillho @CaptD Cheers all. I wonder where Guacamelee fits in in terms of difficulty with other games of its type. It feels quite a challenge at times but then perhaps not as had as something like Hollow Knight which was hair pullingly tough in places. I think it hits a good level where it does always feel achievable.

render

Thrillho

@render I think it strikes a good balance with the main games being a reasonable challenge but with plenty of additional challenges/content to really push you.

Certainly nowhere near the Path of Pain or pantheons from Hollow Knight!

Thrillho

sorteddan

@CaptD
Well if you are going for Signalis any time soon.
First playthrough (mostly blind) took around 10-11 hours on normal difficulty. Then found out there is one ending (Artifact Ending) that you can only get it you've already beaten the game, you will need a guide to find the hidden requirements for it but it skips the end boss fight making the hard more (survival difficulty) run considerably easier to do. Took around 5-6 hours. But I don't think those times account for the time where you die and have to reload a save, so probably an extra hour or two on top of those.

@render
Yeah I don't remember the main games being particularly difficult, it was getting the hidden orbs on the first game that REALLY tested my dexterity, skill and patience.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

Got the platinum for AC Odyssey a couple of days ago.
#8 for the year & likely the last- unless I go back to that pesky DQXI trophy over Xmas.

Really enjoyed it for the most part. No missable or online trophies & everything could be done before finishing the main game.
I ended up going with Kassandra even though I did flip flop at first & wore the Ezio Attire for the entire game.
Played through the game on hard, but did knock it down to easy when taking on the legendary beasts (could not be bothered at that point).

Most annoying trophies were the Pirate Treasure hunt & stepping foot on every sub-region/island in Greece.
The latter in particularly was infuriating. Probably ended up visiting 99% of the map twice. The place I ended up missing? Some part of a mountain that was ‘greyed out’ similar to how the mountain would look if it was visited. It just had to be 🤷‍♂️.

Ubi really do a great (?) job in keeping the player engaged. Between Cultists, Mercenaries, naval battles & map markers you’re always doing something.
Need a nice long break from AC before I jump into Valhalla.

[Edited by Fight_Teza_Fight]

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

CaptD

@Fight_Teza_Fight Congrats. I really liked Odyssey despite being a bit like warm on the location after Egypt but I loved the world that Ubi created...they are the masters of creating worlds (perhaps not always populating them).
I too played Kassandra and enjoyed her wit.
Really enjoyed the navel battles in this and felt it was the best yet.

CaptD

Fight_Teza_Fight

@CaptD Thanks. The naval battles were pretty good- still not Black Flag, but close.
Just wish you could swing onto another ship/platform.
Far too often I’d just get as close as possible to a marker with the ship & then swim to shore lol.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Voltan

An older game but...

Platinum #52 is Control - Ultimate Edition
Replayed the entire game because I never played the DLC and some of it is directly related to Alan Wake.
I originally gave up on the PS4 plat in 2019 while only missing the trophy for defeating Corrupted Tommasi - I simply found that encounter too hard and eventually let it go (after more than 50 attempts iirc). Probably wouldn't bother with trophies this time if they didn't add "assist mode", which I only used for this one fight.
Don't have 100% on the DLC yet but might do that too. Will need a guide for secrets and collectibles though, as they're required for both.

edit: I have now made it to 100% on both DLC

[Edited by Voltan]

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic