Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,901 to 4,920 of 5,747

bpomber

@CWill97 Congrats! I'm currently working on The Quarry platinum and feel the exact same way. I haven't decided if it's worth it to do the extra playthroughs, honestly. Listening to podcasts or watching hockey while going through these extra playthroughs is the only thing keeping me going.

bpomber

sorteddan

#158 Tribes of Midgard (PS4). Most of the trophies auto-popped from when I did it in PS5 so just needed to reach season level 50 again (because the season has obviously moved on from when I did it before!) Quite a relaxing grind, mostly in single player survival mode, in order to do so.

@Fight_Teza_Fight Now that is some commitment - well done and glad that you enjoyed it so much. Think it may be a decade or so when I last played Skyrim and still have fond memories of that epic.

@Thrillho Nice one on the Two-Point trophy. Hospital is one on my watch list but not sure I have the patience for such things these days. Used to love Theme Hospital back in the PC gaming days (or maybe Amiga days)

@CWill97 Congrats on the Quarry plat and know what you mean though, when I looked at the trophy requirements for Man of Medan I just didn't have it in me to go through multiple times. Still will pick up the Quarry one day coz I do like the horror genre and loved Until Dawn.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

@CaptD No not going for 100%. Got a few trophies from the DLC but I ended on 74% or so overall. Miraak still being alive & hoarding my dragon souls is a bit annoying, so I might go back & take him out. I played it in VR for about 20hours & I really enjoyed it. Wish it wasn’t 2 separate versions of the game.

@sorteddan @colonelkilgore Thanks guys! I’m not the biggest Bethesda fan, but I’m kind of excited for Elder Scrolls 6 now. Might even get an Xbox if Starfield can capture that Skyrim feel (in space).

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@Fight_Teza_Fight @sorteddan Excellent work, both! Sounds like two wildly different experiences!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

CaptD

Zombie army 4. Only took nearly two years but the plat finally popped, the grind is real. Note to fellow zombie army hunters, I've left the coop group as I've deleted za4 to make room for uncharted next week.

Outriders. Pleasantly surprised by this, a cross between a looter shooter such as division 2 and Lost Planet. Made a terrible first impression but I stuck with it as the Devs made the awesome Bulletstorm and thankfully the game improves quite quickly.
3/10 trophy difficulty. Enjoyable solo and doesn't rely on coop to maintain enjoyment.

CaptD

RogerRoger

@CaptD Nice work keeping those zombie hordes at bay for such a long grind, and for overcoming such a bad first impression with Outriders to find its fun! Sounds like a decent pair of plats! Congratulations!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

render

Nice work everyone with their latest platinums.

@CaptD Great to hear you got through the grind eventually and it was a worthwhile experience. I'm only on level 60 so still a way to go and plenty more horde trophies to pop.

render

RogerRoger

#78) Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

Another straightforward "just clear the story" list, although I suppose completing the four training missions counts as a missable trophy. I didn't mind when the previous PSone Classics kept things simple like this, but Dark Mirror is tailor-made for a more involved platinum hunt, with a bunch of hidden collectibles, unlockable bonus missions, and a full-blown multiplayer mode. I mean, I'm all for grabbing low-hanging fruit, but I'm walking away having failed to engage with a lot of what the game has to offer.

But hey, at least now I'll be free to revel in the Sonic Frontiers update on Thursday.

Making It So Since 1987

CaptD

@RogerRoger Congrats, it is a shame when little effort is put into the trophy list although these classics are obviously a unique case where it could be a lot of work to analyse the memory and work out the exact state to ping the trophies. Better than nothing is my opinion.

PS. I have Dark mirror on UMD somewhere.

CaptD

Voltan

Platinum #45 is Gotham Knights

This game's main problem is that it does many things well but its predecessors did most of them better.
I liked the city's visual design and especially the levels in story missions (both the main story and optional villains). However, optional activities are not very interesting - between a few types of recycled missions (most of which come down to "defeat enemies" anyway) and several types of collectibles, which are just that - you have to notice one when you're near it and pick it up or scan, depending on the type. Not a single one is locked behind a puzzle or anything.

Still, the missions were good enough to keep me playing and I figured I wasn't too far from platinum by the end so I went for it.

7/10 from me

(didn't bother with DLC trophies)

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

sorteddan

@RogerRoger
Well done on your latest. Sorry to hear it wasn't as well thought out as it could've been. Still a plats a plat by my reckoning.

@Voltan
Good stuff. 7/10 is a pretty good score.

...and I am also Batman

Edit:
Sorry I'm not Batman, I'm spartacus. I got confused. Also I am your father. And I am the resurrection and I am alive.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Bentleyma

Untitled

No platinum trophy, which is a shame. Got quite a lot of play time out of this considering it’s free-to-play. Still not done with it either.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@CaptD @sorteddan Thanks for the congrats, both!

CaptD wrote:

...it is a shame when little effort is put into the trophy list although these classics are obviously a unique case where it could be a lot of work to analyse the memory and work out the exact state to ping the trophies. Better than nothing is my opinion.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree, and please don't misconstrue my observation as some kind of "Waah, I wanted a red bike for Christmas and my stupid parents got me a blue one!" as you're right, I have no idea how difficult it is to apply trophies to older games. It was just something my brain noticed whilst playing and looking at all the stats being tracked, s'all, and is more of an indictment of modern gaming than anything, because it's on me if I walk away immediately after earning the game's platinum.

@Voltan Welcome to the platinum club, fellow Knight!

Untitled

Glad you found enough to enjoy, at any rate. I'd agree with you that, when played like an interactive comic book movie, focusing on the linear story missions, the game shines brightest. I personally enjoyed the other sandbox distractions, but I get that they're not for everybody.

Also...

sorteddan wrote:

Sorry I'm not Batman, I'm spartacus. I got confused. Also I am your father. And I am the resurrection and I am alive.

Hey there, resurrected Spartacus Dad. I'm hungry.

@Bentleyma Completing a plat-free trophy list is still something to be proud of, so congratulations!

Making It So Since 1987

CuteBoyMnM

Plat #92 Cyberpunk 2077 (PS5). I got the ps4 versions platinum at launch but I felt bad using exploits to achieve it. Going legit didn't change much in terms of difficulty except for obtaining the $1.8 million needed for all the vehicles took longer than expected. Overall took me around 80 hours and 1.5 playthroughs.

Plat #93 Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (PS5). A nice hybrid of Nioh and Sekiro that blends into a stylish action game. The ability to parry everything helps ease the tension but adds to the style and speed of combat. Collectibles were by far more difficult to obtain as it lacks any form of tally on the hud to let me know which ones I'm missing so it leaves a lot of backtracking through missions. Took me around 20 hours and MANY retries for certain missions (looking at you 3v1 sub-quest).

Now I'm just waiting for Resident Evil 4 Remake.

Edited on by CuteBoyMnM

CuteBoyMnM

PSN: m48blueteam

CaptD

@Bentleyma Congrats, all counts towards that 100% completion rate. Mine is currently at around 50%, too many old incomplete PS3 games and I'm not going back to Shawn White snowboarding for all the tea in China.

@CuteBoyMnM Good work, both of those games are in my future backlog. I'm kind of waiting for Cyberpunk psvr.

In other news, I started Uncharted thieves collection today and forgot how many tedious and really unfun trophies there are. ND really need to employ a "Trophy designer".
Thankfully quite a few trophies autopopped, around 60% and praise the lord that the speedrun and difficulty trophies were in that group. Now I just waltz through on explorer difficulty enjoying the scenery and smelling the roses.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CuteBoyMnM @RogerRoger @Voltan @Bentleyma congrats all… busy week eh! Speaking of which:

Platinum #129 - Zombie Army 4 - Absolutely loved it… wHat a game! Highly playable, funny, satisfying, even better in co-op and just an all around good time had by all (if a little grindy for the max level trophy). Much thanks to @CaptD for all the help with the hordes and to @render and @KeithZissou (& @Keeferindahouse… though he isn’t on Push Square) for the co-op campaign.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CaptD

Congrats @colonelkilgore , you certainly got that that plat quicker than myself.
As you say awesome game both in coop and solo, Rebellion really understand their products and all their games have improved from the previous entry in the series (Sniper, Zombie).

CaptD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic