Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,881 to 4,900 of 5,050

Voltan

Platinum #51 - Marvel's Spirder-Man 2
Not much to say other than idk how people are saying it's a 25h plat. Took me significantly longer, maybe because I used fast travel like 3 times total.

Anyway, great game, enjoyed every bit. It teases at least a couple character appearances for DLC so I hope that gets announced soonish.

Voltan

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger The case of Ratchet & Clank does seem to be a bit different than just game development or Sony's spacing of their exclusives being the culprit though. It seems more like Sony wanting them to make Marvel games, which I do love too, and that Ratchet & Clank ends up being a casualty because of that. I wonder if we would have gotten a Ratchet & Clank game at all on the PS4 if they didn't make the animated movie.

I'm loving Spider-Man 2, the original was one of my favorite exclusives from last gen, and I'll end up really looking forward to Wolverine once the hype starts up. They should be able to make a Ratchet & Clank game along with that though, as you wouldn't think Insomniac would be a small studio incapable of developing multiple games at a time given their success and length of time with Sony.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Thrillho

#65 - STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor

Untitled

Not too bad a list but picking up all the priorite shards was a bit of a pain, particularly as it's not always clear if you've going to get one of those or a different type of collectible. Most of the rest were fairly organic for me, I just needed a guide to find a few tears I'd missed.

[Edited by Thrillho]

Thrillho

Bentleyma

Untitled

Had a lot of fun with this.

Congrats to everybody else that got plats recently!

[Edited by Bentleyma]

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

LN78

@Bentleyma Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that game come out yesterday?

LN78

LN78

@Bentleyma Ah. Still for a 15 - 20hr campaign that's fast work. My copy is on its way from Shopto! What came with the expensive version except early access?

[Edited by LN78]

LN78

Bentleyma

@LN78 I have 2 weeks off work, so plenty of time to game! I’m not entirely sure what else came with it. I only paid the extra for the early access. I think it was some RoboCop and weapon skins.

Bentleyma

LN78

@Bentleyma So not a season pass or anything, then. I can't wait to play it later!

LN78

Bentleyma

@LN78 Just had a look.

Untitled

Looks like I was right and it’s just skins.

Hopefully you’ll like it. Just don’t go into it expecting something amazing and you should enjoy it.

Bentleyma

LN78

@Bentleyma I've seen/read a few reviews so I think I've got a fair idea of what to expect. The first movie is in my all time Top 10 so I'm pretty excited - the last decent Robocop game was on the Megadrive!

LN78

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger Not disagreeing with you, but given what Insomniac has put out since the PS4, does Sony really want them doing something other than Marvel games?

As long as we're not just wishfully thinking, it's all good in the end of course. It's not like I don't love their Marvel games of course, but Rift Apart left things in such an interesting place for Ratchet & Clank (and Rivet) that it would be a shame not to make more of them on the side. We'll see obviously.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

sorteddan

#189 Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4)
Pretty good modern dot dot vania. Quite a lot of post game grinding for materials needed to craft everything possible. Took just under 40 hours.

[Edited by sorteddan]

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

#47 - Gotham Knights

Really enjoyable game, little heavy handed with the sheer volume of collectibles for the platinum. Was super impressed by the level of detail in the city as you go hunting for the collectibles though, the descriptions of landmarks being in Bruce’s voice as the Bat-Family add to them were a great touch. Little things like a pizzeria that Bruce and Dick would frequent back in the day.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Splat

Anyone happen to be playing Dead Island 2? I only need one trophy for the Platinum, but it's co-op sigh.

I need to revive Slayers 5 times, but I keep getting put in game with some one with maxed out gear and they never go down.

I tried for hours and only got one. I'm ready to move onto something else, but sitting at 98% is driving me crazy lol.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

johncalmc

I got the platinum in Elden Ring on PS4. Already got the PS5 platinum. This might seem silly but my girlfriend was like "Fancy playing Elden Ring again?" and I know this has been a historic year for gaming but I just had to do it.

I also got the platinum in Like A Dragon Gaiden. I loved this game so much. The ending few hours is one of my favourite sections in any Yakuza game. Amazing scenes.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Thrillho

@johncalmc I'm downloading the game now as I think another Yakuza fix in my life and I'm very happy to see that it's one of the rare games that doesn't require multiple play through (just copious amounts of grinding instead).

As for me, it's #66 - Dredge

Untitled

A fun little game to pass the time that has a fairly rewarding loop mechanic for catching fish. It's a bit weird that there is almost no story and then suddenly seems to drop one you at the end.

The plat isn't too hard. Catching every fish was straight forward as I already had most of them but catching the "aberrations" (random variations) was a pain, although made easier by one ability you unlock that guarantees one once you've found a spot to fish.

Thrillho

MidnightDragonDX

Last game I finished was UNO on PS5 on November 4. Since it was a free upgrade, why not? My last platinum was Sea of Stars on October 19. If you enjoyed Chrono Trigger and similar old school RPGs, definitely worth a go. I really enjoyed it. I didn't play The Messenger before, so not sure what references I missed.

[Edited by MidnightDragonDX]

MidnightDragonDX

sorteddan

#191 The Callisto Protocol (PS5)
Let's make a game like Dead Space... but not as good and not much fun. Let's make it really linear so the player can spend most of it walking down corridors, squeezing through gaps and crawling through vents... Well at least it looked pretty good and had a bunch of fairly gory death scenes.
To be fair, attempting to power through as quick as possible on NG+ on hard mode was much more fun than the initial playthrough. Glad I got it on PS+ essential as I would have been disappointed if I had payed for it.

[Edited by sorteddan]

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic