Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,861 to 4,880 of 5,710

colonelkilgore

@BearsEatBeets yeah I managed to pop it a couple of years back, there is something up with the friends score-tracking though… I actually had to unfriend over 100 people just to get the game to open. Really hoping that I won’t have to do that again when I start Just Cause 4.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz congrats on #349 buddy… hopefully you have a suitably great game in your backlog to make #350.

**** DLC!

CaptD

@BearsEatBeets I too have the JC3 platinum and I'm on your friends list but it was quite a few years back so perhaps they did a scoreboard wipe at some point.
Fun platinum much better than the mind numbing JC4 one but that one was considerably easier, as much as I really enjoyed the ring wingsuit trials some of them were pretty difficult.

CaptD

RogerRoger

@Cornaboyzzz Congratulations on your latest, and here's hoping your business trip gives you plenty of time to pick something suitable for your #350 milestone!

BearsEatBeets wrote:

@RogerRoger I'm glad I don't get too caught up on the maintaining 100% on plats. Do you find yourself more tempted to buy DLCs because of it? I've strangely become a bit obsessed with getting as much of my catalogue of games on PSNProfiles up to an 'A' or 'S' as possible. Part of the reason why I'm playing what I currently am.

It's less about buying DLCs afterwards for me, as I won't actively chase a platinum until I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to attain a 100% statistic (because it's an OCD thing for me). In the case of Gotham Knights, I genuinely wasn't expecting extra trophies to get added, although I also loved the game, so my brain probably figured that it wouldn't be a problem if they did.

Funnily enough, the only other time I've been caught out is when Batman: Arkham Knight added some insanely tough Community Challenge trophies out-of-the-blue, after the Season Pass roadmap had been completed. I thought I was safe to platinum the game and did, and then these extra trophies appeared and they were simply beyond my ability to earn. I struggled to get one (to make my percentage an even number, at least) but yeah, the list reads 92% and it bugs the heck out of me.

There are games I perhaps should've platinumed already. Horizon Forbidden West is one of 'em, but I wanna see what the Burning Shores trophies are like before committing to the attempt.

Am sorry to see that you've kinda been afflicted by the same sort of compulsion! What about you, do you think you'll be shelling out for DLC you wouldn't have purchased otherwise? Have you grabbed the Season Pass for Just Cause 3 because if so, rest assured that its DLC is pretty awesome!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Cornaboyzzz

Thanks guys !

@render Yeah I get what you're saying, multiple enemies can be a pain on Max difficulty, but with new weapons it gets more manageable.

@colonelkilgore @RogerRoger I usually don't care too much about milestones, but I've already started DOOM Eternal. It's probably one of the best FPS you can find so it would be a great 350th !

Cornaboyzzz

RogerRoger

@Cornaboyzzz Well, let's hope your platinum attempt isn't DOOM-ed to fail.

Untitled

I'll show myself out.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@CaptD I totally hadn't twigged you were the 'Cap' I had on my friends list 😄. You helped me get the golf plat @colonelkilgore recently got, didn't you? As to the JC3 challenge leaderboards, I've realised it seems to be the timed ones that are blank (vehicle races) whereas I always see your points on score based challenges. Not sure why that is though.
@colonelkilgore My friends list barely goes above double digits so never really had that problem. I tend to keep it to just people I actually know but have expanded that to include a small group of people from here. Funnily enough you all seem to be the only ones of my friends to have played it.

@RogerRoger Thankfully if I get a plat I'm not too fussed if extra content ends up knocking down the percentage so I never feel tempted to buy dlc unless I really want it. Although I freely admit it can be a small extra factor and probably gave me a little extra incentive like when the Terminator dlc went in a sale and I decided to bite. I think you will probably be safe with the Horizon dlc, I feel Sony has really nailed a nice balance to their first-party trophy lists being reasonably achievable.
It's funny because Spider-Man Remastered shows as a 'B' on PSNprofiles despite me having the plat and all the dlc but because I haven't done the two NG+ trophies and lots of people clearly have it's ranked lower. Whereas I have things like that tennis game which was on PS+ where I only have several trophies but because there must be lots who tried it with next to none it's an 'A'. It goes to show it's kind of silly to put too much emphasis or importance on these things but think it ties in to my slightly competitive nature.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

CaptD

Ping... The forgotten city on PS++
A most excellent game built initially as a Skyrim mod but it is quite above most of Bethesda's work which gives me hope that WRPGs can thrive outside of the walled MS garden, Sony buy these Devs and make Ancient Scrolls 1. 😂
Lots of missable trophies but a trophy guide should be avoided as the missables are easy to get and the game would be spoiled with a guide.
Difficulty 2/10. Time 15 hours. A fun trophy list and a must play game.

@BearsEatBeets I did indeed help with your golf trophy. I wasn't a member here at the time and joined just recently in order to get the annoying Doom Eternal MP trophies which had been in my todo list for over a year.

CaptD

BearsEatBeets

@CaptD That explains it, great to have you here on the site. Well done on your latest Plat. I can't say I had heard about The Forgotten City but from your description I'm certainly going to look it up.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

colonelkilgore

@CaptD congrats buddy, I’ve been eyeing up The Forgotten City since it released, good to know it was good. I have it on my wishlist for ages but whenever it hits a sale… it’s never quite the reduction that I’m looking for. Maybe I’ll be more inclined to pull the trigger the next time now though.

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore I always use Platprices website to look at the price history. It has been down to £15 which isn't bad but it is quite short and doesn't have replay value once completed, plus I have to imagine that it will be cheaper soon as it has just entered PS+ Extra, or it may even become an Essential game which is probably likely given Sonys previous form.

CaptD

johncalmc

I got the Platinum in Like A Dragon: Ishin! and it took me 140 hours.

I don't know how many of you have gotten the Platinum in a Yakuza game or if you've ever considered it but I gotta tell you they're serious business. They've all got their little quirks and foibles. Some have authentically quite difficult parts, others have fiddly parts, or a billion mini-games. This one has an enormous grind attached to it and a whole lotta RNG.

The 140 hours is probably more like 150 or 160 because the clock doesn't account for reloading saves, and I would imagine it took me no more than 60 hours to beat the game, do the combat challenges, and finish all the side content. The remaining time is all dedicated to crafting every weapon in the game and the only way to do that is by collecting a load of random drops in dungeons.

That said, I didn't mind it. I've liked other Yakuza Platinums less than this. The grind is easy, so you can just pop some music on or a podcast or whatever and just smash people up. At least there's nothing difficult in this one to act as a wall.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

Congrats @johncalmc, any Yakuza plat, or even any plat that takes over 100 hours is well worth appreciating.

**** DLC!

CWill97

@johncalmc congrats on the Yakuza platinum! The only one I have is LAD (7) which supposedly is the easiest one. But they all seem to be tough with a big grind.

For me, I just finished Elden Ring and all the trophy endings. Such a phenomenal game. Now I have to figure out what to play next haha

CWill97

RogerRoger

BearsEatBeets wrote:

@RogerRoger Thankfully if I get a plat I'm not too fussed if extra content ends up knocking down the percentage so I never feel tempted to buy dlc unless I really want it. Although I freely admit it can be a small extra factor and probably gave me a little extra incentive like when the Terminator dlc went in a sale and I decided to bite. I think you will probably be safe with the Horizon dlc, I feel Sony has really nailed a nice balance to their first-party trophy lists being reasonably achievable.

That's probably the healthiest way of looking at it, just allowing any discrepancy to help you make any decisions that you're on-the-fence about. I'm envious of your ability to keep that in check (and hope that this conversation doesn't make you look more closely at your incomplete plats)!

And you're right about Sony's first-party offerings, too. I'm hopeful that Burning Shores reignites my enthusiasm for the game (pun semi-intended) so that I can stick out the platinum.

BearsEatBeets wrote:

It's funny because Spider-Man Remastered shows as a 'B' on PSNprofiles despite me having the plat and all the dlc but because I haven't done the two NG+ trophies and lots of people clearly have it's ranked lower. Whereas I have things like that tennis game which was on PS+ where I only have several trophies but because there must be lots who tried it with next to none it's an 'A'. It goes to show it's kind of silly to put too much emphasis or importance on these things but think it ties in to my slightly competitive nature.

Sounds a lot like how I've started to notice the rarity percentage on certain trophy lists, and think that it'd be cool to be one of the 0.1% or 0.2% who've earned a particularly elusive platinum! Never used to be bothered about that stat, I'd just chase the plats I wanted to chase, but then I unlocked an incredibly rare trophy once and it made me feel a teensy bit more proud of myself. Which, as you say, seems silly to highlight but you're right, I think it's basic human nature to have a competitive edge (however sharp or blunt it may be on an individual basis) and trophies can totally expose it, even when playing sedate single-player games.

At least you've got an incentive to replay Spidey someday, I guess! Could do worse!

Congratulations to @CaptD @johncalmc and @CWill97 for that brace of impressive achievements!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@CWill97 congrats buddy… and you’re right, it’s a tall order to find the right game to play after something of that quality and epic nature. I’d suggest a palette-cleanser… a little indie of a genre you never normally play that has generally good reviews. It would probably freshen you up for the next big AAA game of your choice.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@johncalmc I literally have no idea how anyone gets the plat on most of the Yakuza games so I doff my cap at anyone who does/can.

@CWill97 Yakuza 6 was also very do-able as once you completed the game you could reload right before the final fight, bump up the difficulty and get the legendary play through that way. The clan creator trophies were VERY grindy too though.

Thrillho

CWill97

@colonelkilgore thank you! I’m giving Stray a try because of your advice. I’m hoping it’ll be a nice, relaxing game for the most part. Gotta say though: the “Can’t Cat-ch Me” trophy was not fun to get haha. But nonetheless, going to keep going after earning that gold trophy.

Edited on by CWill97

CWill97

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic