Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 5,748

render

@Voltan @colonelkilgore Congrats on those plats, and a plats a plat so we’ll done 👍

With regards to RDR2 I’m 50% on that or there abouts but didn’t bother with the rest because of the online requirements so let me known if there’s a posse interested and I might be able to join up.

render

WCB

@colonelkilgore @ThereThere I'm in for RDR2... I was already thinking of getting the online done soon so this would be perfect. 👍

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

WCB

@sorteddan congrats on Deliver Us the Moon, I did that on Xbox GP last year I think and liked it.

@Voltan nice one, loading saves can be a hassle 😉

@colonelkilgore Oooh two in a row, well done. 👍

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

Voltan

Lol, I even got an email from PlayStation with a code to unlock "exclusive avatars" in the PS Store for getting the FF7R Intergrade platinum

Voltan

CJD87

https://ibb.co/R2bdrV6

Platinum #5 - Nioh 1

Sitting proudly alongside Returnal / Demon's Souls / Ghost Tsushima / Elden Ring.... spot #5 is finally filled

I'm largely conscious that the majority of you guys on this thread are certified 'Platinum Gods', and that a mere 5 plats is pretty menial (!), but Nioh feels like somewhat of an accomplishment.

I really enjoyed my time spent with Nioh, especially the further along into the game I got. Difficulty curve is definitely more weighted towards early-game, and the later bosses almost seem somewhat trivial once you begin to level up and become more comfortable with the mechanics.

Probably the best combat system of any game I've played, reminded me somewhat of GoT - albeit with far more complex intricacies. It certainly doesn't have the same level of 'polish' that you'd find in a FromSoftware game, but once you realise it is 'its own thing' then you definitely appreciate it more.

The last couple of missions though, especially the double-boss fights, are absolutely obnoxious.... one in particular makes the GodSkin Duo look trivial!

One critique - I would have preferred less regions/missions in favor of some more enemy diversity. Otherwise its a fantastic game, and I would recommend to any fans of Souls / DmC etc.

Taking a break from exhausting 80hr romps now, considering Re3Make as next play (although maybe not the plat, as I hear this is a toughie!!)

Happy trophy hunting all!

Edited on by CJD87

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 well earned buddy. Great game and another plat to be rightly proud of. Playing something of a different genre, run-time and difficulty sounds like a solid decision. The meat-grinders fun… but sometimes it’s nice to just surf the conveyor belt 👊

**** DLC!

Lavalera

@CJD87 Gz m8! That's another impressive platinum. Something i am way to impatient for and i get easily frustrated by those games haha, but you seem to enjoy them if i see your trophy list.

PSNid: Lavalera

sorteddan

@CJD87
I wouldn't call it menial, all those games you list and especially your latest are really top games to have conquered and possibly beyond the reach of many of us. Excellent stuff!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CJD87

@sorteddan @Lavalera @colonelkilgore
Thanks for the kind words guys! Good luck with the trophy hunting this weekend

(NB. I have Nioh 2 in backlog, and am just messing about with character creator... its so good!)

CJD87

Lavalera

I just found out that one of the games I thought had a platinum didn't have a platinum. Since I'm new to playstation this generation I didn't even know this was a possibility. I thought when you got all trophies you automatically get a platinum trophy but now I see What remains of Edith Finch doesn't even have a platinum. Not that I mind much since I enjoyed it very much. But it raises the question, and forgive my ignorance as newbie hehe, does this happen more often?

Edited on by Lavalera

Voltan

@Lavalera It happens mostly in some smaller games and not very often. Abzu is another one that comes to mind.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 I bought the Nioh 2 special edition the day of release… then I bought the PS5 Nioh Collection when that released… and I’m still to play Nioh 2 😅. Pretty much all the outlets say it’s better than the original and I’m psyched to play it but still have no idea when that will be. Maybe it’ll be one of the two souls-likes I play next year.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CJD87

@colonelkilgore I honestly regret putting the Nioh 2 disc in my PS5.... I can already feel myself getting lured back in to masochistic platinum hunting!

On a serious note though, the character creator is probably the most impressive I've ever seen - even better than DeS.

Have you started Returnal yet? I recall you saying it was on the 'hit list'.... I think you would absolutely love it This is still my favorite gaming experience of last few years, even moreso than Elden Ring!

CJD87

Jimmer-jammer

@CJD87 Congrats! That’s one heck of a plat. You’ll be pleased to find that Nioh 2 addresses the lack of enemy variety with aplomb. There are a lot of additions and tweaks to the combat system as well that are just brilliant. And again, congrats!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

CJD87

@Jimmer-jammer Cheers man! I had a very brief flirtation earlier with Nioh 2, and it looks sublime. I can’t get over how good the character creator is ha

Appreciate the comments, am going to park Nioh2 for now in favour of a shorter game (likely Resi 3) but will let you know when I dive in 😉

Have a good weekend mate

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 I haven’t mate, still sat there on my shelf. Everything is on hold now until God of War: Ragnarok… but after that I’m gonna loosen up my schedule-shackles a wee bit.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Lavalera Yeah, I almost said something last week but you were so proud of your [what you assumed was a] platinum for WRoEF that I couldn’t bear to burst your bubble. 😄 As I may have mentioned, WRoEF is one of my very favorite games last gen and well worth getting all the trophies just for the sheer sublime experience of the game, but yeah - no platinum. It really stinks that it doesn’t have one and yet My Name is Mayo and dozens of other simple little games that last just 30 minutes have platinums.
I don’t have any idea why some games don’t have a plat but they do tend to be smaller, shorter indie games. Again, there are plenty of small short indies that do have a plat though.

I think there is a process of submitting the trophy list to Sony for approval that the developers have to do, and I suspect there is some kind of criteria to get a full list with a platinum, but I have no idea what it is.

I have a few of those games that I have 100%’ed the trophy list but don’t have a plat to show for it. Perusing my list — Firewatch, Inside, Murasaki Baby, Actual Sunlight, The Walking Dead Season 2, Thomas Was Alone, Brothers: A Tale or Two Sons… in addition to What Remains of EF these games I have all trophies but no platinum.

I feel like if this new rewards program (I forget what it was called.. PS Stars or something) has some monetary or store credit reward for platinum trophies then Sony will need to better standardize what it takes to have a platinum (or not have a platinum).

On the flip-side, you’ll also find some games where you can get the platinum but not have to earn all the trophies, so I have some platinums in my collection for which I am less than 100% on the game’s trophy list. Astrobot’s Playroom is one of those, as are several which had add-on content with trophies or added an NG+ trophy later after launch.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

#23 - Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4. Played it together with my mum, 100% didn’t take too long and the cleanup took another half hour. Great game, loads of nostalgia for it and it’s on PS Plus. It’s incredibly hard to reconcile my fond memories of that series with current events but at least if it’s on PS Plus then I’m not spending any money on it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Lavalera

@Th3solution aaah check. Thanks for the informative post m8 I learned a lot from it. At least now I know I have to look better if a game really has a platinum or not before I go in here and say I have another shiny haha. Oh well at least now I know it can happen.

@nessisonett gz on another platinum.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic