Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 5,755

RogerRoger

Bravo to @colonelkilgore @CJD87 and @nessisonett for those latest platinum trophies, and equal congratulations to @Lavalera for earning 100% of the What Remains of Edith Finch trophy list; platinum or no platinum, that's still a percentage to be proud of, so nicely done!

#70: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes (PS3)

Over the past decade, I've played five separate versions of this game on five different platforms, so I figured finally making the effort to earn its platinum was long overdue. Also made for a sweet milestone, considering my first ever platinum came from LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@CJD87 That’s some good work on the Nioh plat! I never got near to it but can’t remember why. And you’re definitely right that there was a bit of a lack of enemy variety in the game but overall I thought it was great too!

@nessisonett I’d been playing through the HP games on PS4 with my wife who is very much a non-gamer and it wasn’t the most fun experience. She at least knew her limitations and spent one boss fight hiding in a barrel and leaving me to do it (despite me trying everything possible to get her to do some of it!)

And this thread has done something to @RogerRoger now he’s getting the big shinies all over the place too

Thrillho

Voltan

I have 2 trophies left (+ the plat) in Stray. I'm actually convinced I did everything required for one of them (scratch in every chapter) but I guess I can try again while getting the other one ("beat the game in under 2 hours").
At least I got the hard one already

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Honestly, it's less this thread's fault, and more my OCD demanding I get off an odd number, but I will admit that the thought of being able to post my progress has been motivational before!

@Voltan Best of luck tidying up that Stray platinum!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@nessisonett @RogerRoger
Congratulations I you both with your nostalgia film franchise fandom trophy achievements.

And to @Voltan in sure you'll be done before I'm back in here later so congrats in advance for that one. Was wondering who was going to be first with Stray.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Voltan

Aaaaand Platinum #40 is Stray. Final time of the "speedrun": 1h 45m. Wasn't even super optimized - I also made sure to scratch in every chapter (some only have one spot you can do it) to get the "Territory" trophy while at it and died a few times in some of the Zurk and Sentinel sequences.

@ThereThere There's not much to it - as long as you remember the puzzles, do none of the side content, skip all dialogue and hold the run button at all times, it shouldn't be much of a problem

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

The_Moose

Platinum #56 is Aggelos. The Platinum which actually forced me to ask for advice on this thread it came that close to breaking my soul.

If you want something to really test you and have a Platinum to be proud of, I'd highly recommend it.

Arguably the toughest one I've gained.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

The_Moose

@JudgeDredd Thanks. Certainly wasn't easy but not a fair sense of difficulty if that makes sense.

Sometimes just feels like it wasn't polished enough or they ramped the difficulty up to hide the short playtime.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

render

@Voltan Good job. I’ll probably go for that one myself as I’m really enjoying the game. Not sure when I’ll wrap it up though as I’m not very far into my first play through but already scratched quite a bit 😀

@The_Moose Nice work as well, that sounds like a tough one ☝️

render

Lavalera

@The_Moose. Grats on the platinum,. Sounds like a lot of work.

@RogerRoger Grats on another Star wars platinum. Really shows you're a big fan.

@Voltan Gz on the Stray platinum. I finished it but not going to platinum it. I must be one of the only ones if I look on this site but I didn't really enjoy the game that much. The only being able to jump on fixed positions and the puzzles which were so easy they shouldnt even have been puzzles were a big let down. Also not a fan of the zurk chasing and the jail level, was hoping that the game would be more relaxing, but those parts were all but. Oh well good to see others are enjoying it

PSNid: Lavalera

The_Moose

Thanks for the kind words folks.

Going to have about three on the go now and jump between for a bit to prevent burnout. Doom Eternal DLCs, Seasons after Fall and The Forest.

RogerRoger

Many thanks for the congratulatory messages, folks!

ThereThere wrote:

...do you have any other Star Wars plats on the slate?

Briefly. I was gonna stay on PS3 and attempt The Force Unleashed and its sequel, but did some research beforehand and am grateful I did, as they're both notoriously difficult, and for different reasons, too. I love the games and have played them many times before, but I don't wanna end up hating them, so methinks they'll stay on their current percentages, at least for now.

Congratulations to @Voltan and @The_Moose for those well-earned (and hard-earned, in the latter's case) platinum trophies! Top drawer, and healthy totals, too!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Platinum #97 - Paradise Killer - never really played a pure detective game before this… and I enjoyed it. I did find myself mashing through the text eventually, which probably isn’t the way it should be played but I do find I get impatient with any element of any game that isn’t ‘gameplay’ (or what I would call gameplay anyway)… but having said that you can easily read between the lines of the story and use your knowledge of the medium to follow what is going on and required etc. A unique and worthy diversion from the norm.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@ThereThere Thanks, yeah. I'm sure there'll come a point where I get stuck for a platinum and give it a shot, so I'll try to keep your reply in mind for when I'm screaming at my eleventh death in the game's prologue!

@colonelkilgore As a fellow text-masher, I sympathise, and congratulate you on your platinum!

Making It So Since 1987

The_Moose

@colonelkilgore Congratulations mate.

Never heard of the game but you've tempted me to check it out.

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger @render @ThereThere @The_Moose cheers guys, I’m bracing myself for a distinct lack of any platinum whatsoever between what will soon be #98, #99 and what in the distant future will be #100… keep an eye on me during what will be some dark months will ya 😔

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic