Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 5,729

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Blimey, that's fast work! Although my periodic, mood-based approach to playing it probably means I missed a vast majority of the Triple XP weekends. Vader is one of the most effective heroes once you get to know him, too. Nicely done!

@johncalmc Congratulations; what number is that for you now?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@johncalmc Lord, you don’t mess about do you? That’s two huge games to get the platinum and I’m stuck bloody replaying half of Jak and Daxter to get a bugged trophy to pop!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

johncalmc

@nessisonett It's a bit misleading really because I was nearly finished the Odyssey platinum when Ghost came out and ordinarily I would finish one before the next one but I really fancied samurai action so I did Ghost and then went back to Odyssey and finished it off like a day later.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@johncalmc Is the Odyssey plat a ball ache that I hear it is?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

johncalmc

@JohnnyShoulder Not really. The difficulty/time investment of this platinum is grossly overstated. I've heard people talking about how it takes like 150 hours or something. It blatantly doesn't. The Ubisoft thing keeps track of how long you've played the game and I got the platinum in 78 hours but I would say I wasted a lot of time here and there because I didn't really understand some of the things I was supposed to be doing.

I would say 65-80 hours probably. Maybe less if you blast it and follow a guide all the way and know what you're doing.

In terms of the requirements, you can do the whole thing on easy - which I'd recommend because the combat is all kinds of dreadful - and you don't actually need to do everything like you did on the Assassin's Creed Origins platinum. It's pretty forgiving.

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

Platinum #50 (which also coincides with 2000 silver trophy pops)

Watchdogs 2. It's a weird game, back loaded with great content. The first 15 hours are rubbish. The way ubi has their openworld games abilities gated means you play like Samus from metroid, except the map is flipping massive and you end up fast travelling everywhere with a lengthy loading screen. It's annoying more than fun initially.

The plat was great actually, very doable and no difficulty based Trophies.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy I was wondering if it picked up. I’m just wandering around the map and doing tiny missions that usually involve tapping L1 every couple of minutes. It’s pretty grim.

themcnoisy

@nessisonett In hindsight you want to unlock the drone ASAP and get the cars extra jump ability. Otherwise you find an upgrade point on the map and there's no way to retrieve it, very frustrating. Also once you unlock the bombing abilities for the drone you can clear places with ease before moving in with the remote controlled car to plug into servers.

I would also jump into a few multiplayer games early doors and team up as you get big xp and although they are listed as hard or tough, are easier than the missions most of the time.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Yeah, as soon as I saw the multiplayer trophies I aimed for them as soon as possible. Went into a mission where you have to steal a car, was sneaky all the way inside right up to the car and then my teammate waltzes in, starts shooting and gets us both killed. Teamwork.

JohnnyShoulder

That is the platinum for Ghosts of Tsushima done. The last three I would never got without a guide, but quite straight forward to do though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder What do you reckon your total game time is?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I've been using that ps4 tracker, and it says just under 135 hours. I will proudly claim the official Forum Slowest Gamer Award!

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I think I already have that notable distinction.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Well let's see if you can 'beat' my play time then!

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Well my slowness is more getting through a game slowly due to spread out play sessions. My in game time is usually on par with the average. Or maybe slightly above average. I figure I’ve put in 20-ish hours into GoT and the games been out 3 weeks 😅

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah I'm on about the actual time you have played the game rather than how long it is taking you to play it. I like to explore and pick up everything in a bandit camp for example. I was even doing that even when I didn't need to, as I had upgraded everything and had loads of all the stuff.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic