Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 5,747

RogerRoger

@redd214 If you don't mind me asking, why'd you have to wait until the end of the month for a trophy to pop? Is it some kind of leaderboard ranking thing?

And blimey, you're closing on that centenary! What platinum next, do you think?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger One of the trophies is to finish the "Monthly Community Event" for whatever reason in how they designed it doesnt pop until the actual timer runs out at the end of the month.

Chipping away at the backlog now so looking at Spyro 2 & 3 next then maybe an old Plus game like Deus Ex or something like that.

redd214

RogerRoger

@redd214 That sounds a little frustrating, but at least you don't have to keep checking back to ensure your position ranked against other players or anything. The Spyro games have comparatively simple trophy lists, you'll be pleased to hear, so best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger Thanks! Yeah annoying but not a huge deal. I platinumed Spyro 1 in a couple days so yeah I'm ready to knock these 2 out in a few days or so

redd214

RogerRoger

@redd214 Should be doable! I gave up on the platinum for Spyro 2 but only because I went for it immediately after its predecessor. I love Spyro, but it was too much!

Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger lol that's exactly what I did! Planned on marathoning all 3 but after 1, definitely needed a break!

redd214

BearsEatBeets

Just got my 59th Platinum for TLOU 2, Naughty Dog's easiest Plat by far. Ghost of Tsushima should make for worthy 60th in a few weekends time. (If I ever get round to doing more stuff and stop taking photos).

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Kidfried

I got the plat in MediEvil today. I don't know how I exactly feel about the remake, I think it could have used a bit more budget, but it's decent enough. Anyway, as a 1998 game it's so brilliant. A lot of those late-90 games are so interesting because they are way more varied than games that came before, but also compared to modern games.

A level that's just an arena, a level with a maze, the ghost ship stuff. A clear goal of the game is to stay fresh. And I think that's what makes this game still cool today.

Hope they do a MediEvil 2 too.

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried Did you try playing the original version after unlocking it? I got about 30 seconds in and my eyes couldn’t take those pointy polygons.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho Absolutely did. I thought it was surprisingly playable for its time, hehe. I played Dan's crypt, then two levels and then decided I wasn't going to replay all of these levels for the fourth time in a month, haha.

It would have absolutely rocked though, if you were able to switch between those within a save file. I would have loved trying to achieve the last few trophies in the old style.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I do wonder if they remaster the 2nd game. I've not played either, but some say it was the better game and hopefully they spend a bit more dosh on it to iron out all the kinks.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

I got the Platinum trophy for My Name Is Mayo. Easiest plat in the history of Playstation, you could argue, but, a fun game, nevertheless.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

sorteddan

Latest platinum I earned: Star Wars Battlefront 2 ( enjoyed most of it but the grind to rank 50 was no fun!). Plat #47
Since then got 4 more but all underserved.
Day of the tentacle - using a guide - about 4/5hours.
Erica - played first run blind then a guide to find all other trophies. 6 runs over 4 days. Probably <10 hours
Then bought a couple: Jack n jill dx & inksposion. Both v cheap in recent sale and on a list I found of easiest ps4 plats.
Then completed a few runs of last of us remastered but can't bring myself to go for the online trophies - not really my cup of tea.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

I managed to 100% Jak and Daxter 1 on Vita but a glitch meant I need to make a new file and go up to roughly halfway through the game to get the last trophy. Who in their right mind makes a minigame you can only play once?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan My platinum for Star Wars: Battlefront II took me over two years, and I'm a huge fan. How quickly did you unlock yours? Did you get the game free with PS Plus the other month?

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@RogerRoger
Yes got it on plus. Not sure exactly but probably in the region of 30-40 hours total. I had everything done except reach rank 50 by the time I was rank 30 or so. So me and some friends just went into grind mode on double/triple xp day's. Considering I don't usually play online shooters I did get more enjoyment than I expected (mainly because I got to be Vader) but was glad to get done and move on

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic