Forums

Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)

Posts 181 to 200 of 339

JohnnyShoulder

@roe I know where it is now, but I can't get to it at the mo as the area is locked until I beat one of the bosses I've currently yet to beat.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

Yes! One down two to go! That was tough but also a lot of fun. Seemed to have a lot of moves which expanded after each death blow. I like how the boss fights seem impossible at first but you gradually get more confident.

If I didn't know who that was, I would still have no idea. The game pretty much leaves up to you decide who it was.

Also fully upgraded my vitality and posture as I found the last prayer bead.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

One. More. Boss. Left.

Black_Swordsman

With two new unannounced From Software-"esque" games in the works, and concept art being released as teasers, do you think the next From Software game will be open world (another rumour) involving George R.R Martin or at least be Souls-alike, much more so than Sekiro at least? A return to the old combat system and the same dark fantasy mythos as the Soulsborne games? Anyone?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Rudy_Manchego

So after a hiatus I have did a bit more on Sekiro last night. Took on the mini boss on the stairs, finally won without taking damage after failing loads and then met the spear dude near the resevoir. I think I have him sussed, fire works thing seems to slow him right down.

Any recommendations on where to wander next? Had a go along the rooftops, managed to kill 5 or 6 of those feathered spinny beggars then got nobbled. Worried I am missing somewhere though...

I'll be on here for months to come. I've decided to play this in small bursts alongside other games. So I played an hour of this then played a bit of LIS: Before the storm. One is hella hard, the other is hella chilled.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@Rudy_Manchego Errrmm yeah I believe it is the roof tops you want to go for. I thought they only went so far but you can keep following them round. The feathered dudes aint all that once you get your deflections sussed.

Do you mean the spear guy by the starting point? He's kinda tough, I left him until later. Maybe you forgot he's actually in the starting area since it's been a while. You might want to go check out the well that you started in again though, now that you have your grappling hook.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Yep the rooftops is where you wanna go to continue the story, but I went exploring and ended up in the temple grounds in the mountains.

Think I got that Spear dude on my 2nd attempt. Have no idea how I did it, seems like age ago now! 😂

EDIT: I seem to remember you can grapple round the right side of the cliff and get a back stab death blow in.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

Just beaten the last boss. A mixture of relief and achievement I am.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Cheers! Got 3 of the 4 endings, will go back to my back up save and get the fourth. Tempted to start NG+ but you can only upgrade all of the prosthetic tools by obtaining certain materials which can only be obtained late in the game.

Rudy_Manchego

Beaten the bloke down the well and got to some dungeons but actually the spear bloke was a massive pain in the nuzzle. Starting to lose a little bit of interest. I love the moment to moment gameplay and the main bosses but takes me so long to take those mini bosses down!!

Edited on by Rudy_Manchego

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

roe

@Rudy_Manchego might be worth looking on YouTube or reading some guides for some of the tougher ones. I always try to work out a way to progress my own way but with games like this I feel it's worth looking up strategies every now and then just for the sake of my own sanity.

Sometimes even just watching someone else beat a boss makes me feel slightly more confident just so I know it can be done ha

roe

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Hmmm hard to know where you are going wrong, that mini boss didn't strike me as being particularly difficult. There is usually a way to cheese the bosses if you are struggling. Search for Tyrannicon on YouTube, he has done a load. PS4Trophies are also good as they only resort to cheesing as a last resort. Once it clicks you kinda get into a rhythm and read the enemies moves and knowing which moves of your own to use. Personally I wouldn't be able to dip in and out out of these games, they are the one type that I don't play anything else at the same time. It can be a big time commitment which I appreciate some people dont have.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@Rudy_Manchego that mini boss is hard, even after getting a death blow in from behind. He’s got super long range. I left it for a good while then went back and beat him no problem. Just leave him until a bit later.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Rudy_Manchego

@roe @JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87 Thanks guys for the advice. I do occasionally do a youtube search for the boss fights on such games. Interestingly I find a lot of people have different guides as to how it works. Some of them though are amusing - they literally say, yeah so just block all their attacks, parry and then you'll beat them. Here is a video of me doing it with 0 damage. It's a bit like me training for marathon and getting advice for Mo Farah - yeah, just run really well and beat everyone.

Committment is slightly my problem - at the moment, I maybe get an hour or so a night (and not everynight) to game and Sekiro is a massive time sink, in some ways quite unfairly. For example, mini bosses stealth kills. Almost all the mini bosses can be stealhed for one attack making, in my opinion, that additional health bubble nothing but a time waster. So the spear dude, to stealth that guy, you have to go from the shrine, grapple across the ravine, stealth some baddies, slowly climb round several cliffs to get behind him to then take one health bar off. On the first try, finding that stealth spot is fun but then it is a barrier to getting good at the boss. Essentially, I need to spend several minutes just to get to the point where I can start a boss fight because it only makes sense to stealth them since they bosses are rock hard.

My reaction times aren't great really, so I need repetition to learn patterns which takes time which then means I get the sense of going nowhere. Of course, this is just me. I don't know why, didn't feel this with Bloodborne. Maybe I liked the world more and the RPG elements and upgrade systems really had a big impact on gameplay so time didn't feel as wasted. That said, I have invested so much time, I will still try and chip away at it and just moan as I do.

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego I recommend you give Tyrannicon a go on YouTube. He references the fact that some guides are all about the the deflecting, blocking and what not. Tbf that is how the game is supposed to be played, but not everyone has the skillz to do it. He freely admits he is cheesing it and is OK about it. And I don't think it is a problem cheesing it, some of the methods he uses were either too long in the tooth to do, or I just found the 'proper' method easier.

Gremio108

Right, so I started this the other day, but today I finally got to put a few hours in.

Today it really clicked and I've gotten to grips with the various upgrades and systems which are at play. I beat the guy on horseback today, then another general and then the Blazing Bull (he took a fair few goes to bring down).

I went into the memory and beat the drunk dude but I'm a bit stuck on Lady Butterfly. I'm enjoying the fact that if you're stuck you can just go and explore a different area, without worrying about hitting a wall because you're not levelled-up enough for an area.

The combat is insane. This game is an absolute beast.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Glad your enjoying it, you've made some good progress there!

Yeah Lady Butterfly is a right ****. I didn't manage to beat her until a bit later in the game. I did quite a bit of exploring whilst being stuck on bosses lol. But funnily enough I had the most success when I spent a good hour or so on a boss.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder I kind of almost had her at one point, I think. Her second phase is her final phase right?

Also while you're here - how much should I be worrying about the Dragonrot? Are NPCs going to start dying?

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

AdamNovice

I know it's exactly how your meant to play these type of games but I generally follow a 100% walkthrough on Youtube by a guy called FightingCowboy cos he always says what the most optimal path and tools are. Like I say it's not the purest way to play these games but I know if I played completely blind it would drive me mad.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic