Forums

Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)

Posts 141 to 160 of 339

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder any totally spoiler free suggestions on “the best” one? I.e A, B, C? I love the game but doubt I’ll play it again in a hurry.

Although you never know.

I’m up to the guardian ape

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 I've not done them but from what I've read you will want to side with Kuro.

I got to the end quite by accident, I grappled up to the wrong area. Doh.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

roe

While I'm not there yet, I'm not sure whether I want to do the save backup thing this time. I did it for Bloodborne because it was a much quicker way to get the platinum, but from what I've heard about Sekiro, you still have to grind for quite a while after to get all the trophies and it may be more beneficial to actually do another playthrough or two anyway

roe

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Yeah luckily I had a cloud save from about an hour before so I reloaded that and backed the other one up on a USB stick. It's a bit difficult to say where I am and what I missed without going into spoilers. But I initially chose one option thinking I could change it if I died, but when I went back I could not change my original decision.

Also well done, sounds like you made some decent progress.

@roe Not really going for the platinum, just wanna see a couple of the endings without having to play the game from the start again or going on YouTube.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 I really enjoyed it too!!

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 I struggled with his 1st phase initially as I kept being caught out by his grab. Then i think i got a bit freaked out by 2nd phase and couldn't get my head around it. Once i figured it out i I did it on my 2nd attempt the next day.

I'm on the monkey booze. Sake is for wimps.

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder an easy method for first phase is keep medium distance until he does his poo throw, run between his legs and get 3 hits in on landing. Stay away from everything else he does until he starts throwing himself at you to grab you when he’s taken a lot of damage, but that’s another easy move to doge and then get a few stabs In. Takes a bit longer but you can get to second phase without taking a hit if you’re careful.

Then second phase just mixes it up entirely and has you deflecting and running away from terror screams 😂

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Oh yeah had the first phase nailed eventually. I found the 2nd phase quite easy once I got my head round it.

You fought any of the Headless? Very similar moveset as the 2nd phase for the ape.

It definitely cranks up the difficulty later, I'm certainly finding it a bit more difficult anyway! My progress has been a lot more sluggish over the last couple of days.

Getting way more xp though so have got the last skill in one of the trees.

Rudy_Manchego

Well after an hour and still not beating the Butterfly gimmer and only getting to her second phase twice, I pretty much rage quit. I tried wandering around the castle, found another mini boss general but got half way through him then twonked. I like the bad guys on the roof though.

As I'm away on work and easter for the next week or so, going to spend my remaining time on more chill games.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@Rudy_Manchego Keep at it - get chasing slice and use it a lot if you are not. It's a great way to interrupt her attacks and then close distance quickly to cause damage. Once you've done a bit of damage her posture doesn't regen so quickly. Chasing slice is awesome generally.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Rudy_Manchego And are you talking about the guy at the top of the stairs? I used the roofs next to him to take out the gunmen one at a time via deathblows (jumping off the roof, deathblow, grappling hook away, let them stop looking at me and repeat). With the gunmen dead you can drop down behind the general and get 1 death blow in, then you just need to deal with his second phase which can take a bit of doing but I learnt a lot about deflecting in that battle which helped with lady butterfly.

kyleforrester87

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 Yeah - the issue is, last night I was done with the game, today I am thinking of taking your advice. The problem is, at this pace I will not do anything else with my life for months. Oh to be good at games.

FOr the blokey at the stairs, I stealthed the gunmen and the first health bar, it just takes some time to do and I just got frustrated that it would take a few minutes to get to the boss fight to then learn the moves. Sure I can manage it though.

I will have one more go tonight on Lady Brian Butterbur before I put it on the backburned for a week.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

kyleforrester87

@Rudy_Manchego It probably took me 10 times to beat the guy on the stairs, but I got very quick at the "prep" required taking out the 4 gun men. Drop in, death blow, swing out, lay low, repeat.

I do get what you're saying, the game has its hooks in me though so I'm happy with the prospect of not playing much else. It's not often there's a game in your disc tray that you're happy to ignore other new releases for.

These bosses are not even close to impossible though, they can be a bit tricky and even if you just try once or twice a day you'll get them in the end!!

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 I am near the end if I choose that ending. Only two mini bosses quite close to each other, and then the end decison. Probably gonna choose the 'good' ending this time round so that I can see the other area/s.

@Rudy_Manchego Whenever I'm struggling on a boss, I go off and explorer for a bit then go back and have a few goes at the boss. You are at the stage in the game where you can go off and explore in different directions.

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 @JohnnyShoulder Well in typical hissy fit fashion I had a good quick 15 minute go on Lady Butterly before the kids got home and just spammed L1 and took her down first go. So I will be playing more. I was playing her completely wrong clearly. Actually I almost fluffed it as i took her down and didn’t see the prompt that I had to stab her again to finish her off and had to do another round with her!!!

In terms of time, my main complaint as a player that isn’t great is that this game does demand time and I manage only a few hours a week and sometimes hitting your head on a brick wall in your evenings gaming is a pain. This is my issue though. Not the games fault.

Edited on by Rudy_Manchego

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic