Forums

Topic: PS4 Wrap Up 2020

Posts 1 to 20 of 29

colonelkilgore

So just checked my Sony PS4 Wrap up for 2020, which anyone can do by following the links here:

https://www.engadget.com/pla-station-wrap-up-ps4-ps5-stats-16...

Found it quite interesting to check through what I’d been up to this year, although I have played some PS3 and I’m not sure that was accounted for. Would be interested to see how other people’s 2020 in gaming panned out too.

Played 36 games

Most Hours per games were:
1. Metal Gear Solid V - 185 hours
2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - 135 hours
4. Final Fantasy 15 - 89 hours

Total Hours played - 2784

Days Played - 210

Total Trophies 1039 (19 Plats)

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Oh wow, mine is embarrassing!

Played 81 games this year which is rather a lot.

My top games were:

1. MLB The Show 20 - 269 hours
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare - 87 hours
3. MLB The Show 19 - 59 hours

I assume my younger brother was playing COD as I only really played the campaign and a few games of Warzone! I do love MLB though and got wayyy too into it during lockdown.

Total hours played - 1864 which is less than I thought.

Days played in 2020 - 343 which is insane.

Trophies earned - 1246 as I did go on a trophy binge.

8 platinums out of my 10 I earned last year!

My most played genre was FPS and I played 227 hours, which makes sense as I think I was still playing Overwatch at the start of last year, my brother played COD and then I played the whole Metro series and DOOM.

Overall rather embarrassing as it didn’t mention all the ‘proper’ games I played last year 😅

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

belmont

OK...

1 THE LEGEND OF HEROES TRAILS OF COLD STEEL III 64 hours
2 THE LEGEND OF HEROES TRAILS OF COLD STEEL IV 62 hours
3 ATELIER RYZA EVER DARKNESS & THE SECRET HIDEOUT 53 hours
12 platinum trophies

Is it bugged? I am pretty sure I played FFVII Remake a lot more... I may have to check...

belmont

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett @belmont yeah not exactly sure quite ‘how’ accurate these results actually are, as I’m sure that I put more time into Days Gone and Code Vein than I did in FFXV... and also, it seems at least a bit strange that you @nessi put so many more days played in than me but so many less hours (I mean it is ‘possible’ but quite unlikely).

Still an interesting little ‘interlude’ while not actually gaming all the same.

Edit @nessisonett that’s a crazy amount of hours on MLBTS btw... is it that good?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Yeah, The Show is by far the fairest sports game with its Ultimate Team and there’s so much content that you can easily sink hours into it. The gameplay’s also roughly 80% skill and 20% player stats as higher stats make the batting easier although you still have to actually hit the ball. It’s got a bit of a learning curve but just playing the CPU is fun and the single-player franchise modes give you plenty experience.

Jimmer-jammer

I played 41 games.

Top games were:
Ghost of Tsushima - 113h
Nioh 2 - 110h
The Last of us Part II - 69h

Total hours - 941
Days Played - 285

Total trophies 360 (2 platinums)

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett I shouldn’t be tempted... I never play sports games, I have no love for baseball and with the backlog I have the last thing I need is a game that you can sink 269 hours into... but it’s tweaking my Peter-tingle all the same.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

Yep there is something clearly wrong as I tried it when it was reported on the main page of Push Square and again just now. Both times it had Cyberpunk 2077 as my top game at 79 hours, when I have logged over 100 hours on Ghost of Tsushima.

The same happened to me last year too strangely enough, so something is not right.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

199 hours.

Top games:

1) Final Fantasy VII Remake - 52 hours
2) Yakuza Kiwami - 46 hours
3) Persona 5 Royal - 31 hours

I knew my stats would be low, lmao.

@nessisonett

nessisonett wrote:

Oh wow, mine is embarrassing!

My top games were:

1. MLB The Show 20 - 269 hours
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare - 87 hours
3. MLB The Show 19 - 59 hours

Filthy normie.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Hmmm.... yeah, I doubt the validity of these stats. If my math is correct, then yours say that you play an average of 13.2 hours per day that you game. Bruh, that’s a lot of game time at once. It’s leaves hardly any time for eating or bathroom breaks 😅. I’ve put in a few 13 hour gaming days before, but they are few and far between, certainly not the norm. That would be getting up and turning on the PS4 at 8:00 AM and gaming straight through until 9:15 PM without a break... every time you game! 😂 If so, you’re my friggin’ hero!

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah that does sound a 'tad' much... I mean there are some sesh's that are that long (ie every Wednesday... ooh and whenever I'm on leave) but I highly doubt that I would've managed a 210 day average of that.

Makes me wonder whether they're including stuff like Netflix and Amazon etc. in the overall time.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

Ah, nuts. Won't work for me. I've opted out of data collection. Let's not kid ourselves, though; it was probably gonna say Star Wars, Sonic and Spider-Man.

I think they must count non-gaming apps in the overall time, though. My friend did it and was shocked at having logged well over 3,000 hours, but then she uses her PS4 as a complete media centre for music and television, as well as gaming, so it'd make more sense.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Do you use rest mode a lot to suspend a game while you take a break? I’m wondering if the time the app is open is also calculated even if it’s in rest mode. And yeah, the other apps like Netflix, etc are most likely being logged as game time too, like @RogerRoger says.

As for mine, a modest 545 hrs over 168 days. With the top games being:
Death Stranding- 88 hrs
Ghost of Tsushima - 86 hrs
And the surprise at #3 ...
Bloodstained - 44 hrs

23 different games played. 412 total trophies.

For me the numbers seem semi-accurate, but probably a little under the reality. That’s about 3.25 hours per game session, which is probably close; If I game on a weekday it’s likely just an hour or two, then on weekends it’s more like 5-6 hours per day. If I’m on vacation then it might stretch to a 8-10 hour day if I’m lucky. And my PS4 never gets used for TV, YouTube or other media things besides gaming. And I very rarely suspend a game in rest mode unless I know I’m coming back to it within a couple hours (I’ve always been paranoid of a power outage and having it brick my system because that nearly happened once)
But Bloodstained at 44 hrs is my #3? I’m almost positive I went north of that with Jedi: Fallen Order and most certainly with Assassin’s Creed Origins. You can barely get through the ACO prologue in 40 hours 😂. Not to mention I know I spent at least 60+ hours on Danganronpa V3, but this must not take Vita into account.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ApostateMage

Lightweights in here.

32 games played in 2020

Top games

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 504 hours
Dragon Age Inquisition - 316 hours (surprised me this one)
Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 231 hours

Total hours of gameplay in 2020 - 2764 hours

This excludes the enormous amount of hours I've put into Cyberpunk 2077. I have no life. Thanks lockdown.

ApostateMage

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I never use rest mode actually... if I want food or a beverage etc. I just pause the game. Like yourself and @RogerRoger I think it's accounting for Netflix et al.

As we're still pretty early in this year (& I'm pretty sure I know what I've logged so far), if I can remember I might keep my own tally and then compare it at the end of the year.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

SoulChimera

Games played - 124

Borderlands 3 - 91 hours
Final Fantasy VII Remake - 82 hours
Ghost of Tsushima - 30 hours

Hours played - 651
Hours played locally - 649
Hours played online - 2
Hours played in VR - 87

Days played in 2020 - 201

Total trophies earned in 2020 - 1288

Total PS5 gameplay hours - 101
Total PS5 trophies - 261

SoulChimera

Th3solution

@ApostateMage Now, you’re my hero! Impressive stuff. I envy you!

BearsEatBeets

41 Games played - 1232 hours apparently over 204 days (seems right I rarely game in the middle of workdays)
1064 local
168 online (of which 158 RDR2)

Top 3 games
RDR2 - 224 hours
GoT - 96
Death Stranding - 93

583 trophies - 131 on PS5
8 Plat
35 Gold
103 Silver
437 Bronze

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Thrillho

I was surprised by my top game when I did this the other day;

1. Two Point Hospital (144 hrs)
2. FF7R (88hrs)
3. TLOU2 (78hrs)

I got the platinum for all three as well.

I am just shocked that I had as many as 24 hours (of 1332) playing online but that was all from Fall Guys.

Thrillho

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.