Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 2,111

Thrillho

@Th3solution Bascially, Burial at Sea ties the two “main” games together really well. If you remember those stories well enough, just play that (or find an online refresher).

Bioshock 2 is fine and mostly expands on the whole Big Daddy and Little Sister thing. It’s fine but much more forgettable than the other two (I had to look at wiki to remind myself of most of the details).

Thrillho

Th3solution

Haha! Alright.
Glad to see @JohnnyShoulder wants me to become a statistic.
And @RogerRoger apparently has a thought outside the box. I can only imagine what that might be.
@mookysam is clearly adept at multiple choice standardized test taking techniques.
@Thrillho Thank you, sir. That makes sense. I might do the YouTube review first and then do Burial at Sea if I feel confident. Do you remember how long the DLC is? Is it pretty meaty?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution If you're desperate enough to pick Option K, you won't care what it is.

In all seriousness (and sorry for the unhelpful reply, by the way) I'm keen to see the results of this, as I've been recommended BioShock for years by many, and its arrival on PS Plus would seem to give me no further excuses. So I'm reading any and all discussion surrounding the trilogy at the moment.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@Th3solution Well I figure the correct answer has to be one of them so you can't really go wrong by covering all bases, right?

Burial at Sea Part 1 is fairly short - around 1 - 2 hours, while Episode 2 is around 6 if you do everything. Episode 2 sees you play as Elizabeth, but relying on stealth. It's really quite good. I'd still recommend playing all of them, but maybe not one right after the other in case you get BioShockitis and burn out.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Gremio108

@Th3solution I'm asking myself a similar question about the series. I don't know whether to replay the original and then play Bioshock 2, or to just get stuck straight into Infinite.

As for your quandary, I'd go for (F). Burial at Sea is DLC, so it'll be the shorter experience, which means there's less chance of getting burned out on the series. You don't want to play Bioshock 2 and then put the DLC for one of your favourite ever games on the back burner

EDIT I've just realised @mookysam has pretty much said what I said, but better, and quicker

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

HallowMoonshadow

Bit late but I'd say at least try Bioshock 2 @Th3solution.

Bioshock 2 is much smooooother then Bioshock 1 to play (especially now), the story is smaller in scope and not as grandiose as the first... but I found the stakes were more emotional to compensate.

Admittedly I only watched it but I found Burial At Sea a bit lacklustre myself though I don't like Infinite as much as everyone else on here either (I prefer the first more but I still enjoy Infinite)

Soooo I guess I'd say E/F!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy A kindred spirit! I borderline hate Infinite, finding the story overblown and the power thingys were pointless. The whole game felt like you were being funnelled down a strict path despite the illusion of this vast city above the clouds, with lots to see.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

I've not played BioShock 2 either nor the DLC for Infinite. Preferred infinite over the first game as thought it was an overall better paced game. The final third (after the twist) of the first game really dragged for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

Not entirely kindred spirit @nessisonett as I do like Infinite for the most part

I do dislike the Vigors though (they feel a bit dinky compared to the Plasmids) and I really dislike the two weapon slot dealie rather then the weapon wheels of the first two.

I quite like the story of Infinite though for the most part even if it perhaps overindulges a tad. I found the DLC lacklustre though when I saw it.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

Thanks all for the advice and input. Even the responses that made me laugh out loud. 😄

I figure I’ll probably do the DLC first (option F) and see how it goes, with BioShock 2 to follow if I catch the BioShock bug again.

I’m just thrilled to have the option now and have all 3 games and DLC provided this month.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I say this having barely played any Bioshock games, but my ongoing run through the Uncharted series has me motivated to actually go back and play the stuff I keep telling myself I'd like to play again or skipped entirely.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, I thought about that when you suggested that I just start at the beginning and play them all - how you are doing that with the Uncharted collection, which is even a bigger commitment with the 6 games. It does sound like you’re really enjoying that. And I have considered doing an Uncharted re-play as well. Since it’s been so long for some of those, I bet I would enjoy refreshing some memories and playing with a new perspective. I guess the time investment is what I shirk from, especially when there are so many new games still left to be played for me.
It’s kinda like when you go to a favorite restaurant, do you order the tried-and-true dish that you’ve had before and you know you’ll love, or do you pick out something new on the menu that sounds good for a new experience — I tend to do both at times, depending on my mood. Usually, the way it turns out, if the restaurant is good enough then everything on the menu tastes great anyways! 😃

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I've really enjoyed going through Uncharted so far.

None of them are massive in terms of a time commitment for a single story run, which helps.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula That is what happens when you use the side bar on the homepage to navigate to the forums.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD the PS4 version isn’t so great, you need to do a lottt of grinding to open up new courses.

Everybody’s Golf on Vita is my favourite. I am not sure how similar that one is to the PS3 version.

I didn’t like Golf Story much really (the weird jazz music annoyed me lol). I assume you saw Sport Story is coming out?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JJ-firl

Going to put this here, although it’s a bit more general...

There was a time when PS+ gave us Vita games and when I was browsing through my download list Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma caught my interest. I know a lot of you passionately love this series so that’s why I come to you for advice.

Doing research it quickly became clear that I need to play The Nonary Games first. One problem: I really really really want to play this on the Vita but the price is way too steep and almost never goes on sale. The PS4 version is currently on sale (EUR 12,99).

Questions: Does this work on a tv-screen? Could it work via remote play? And worst case: Could I play ZTD first?

Thanks in advance y’all!

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

nessisonett

@JJ-firl Absolutely no no no don’t play ZTD first. I mean, this is coming from someone who loves the first two, played 40 minutes of ZTD and then had a heart attack over the awful twists and never played it again. Don’t put too much stock in what I have to say 😂😂

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

crimsontadpoles

@JJ-firl It's better to play 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors and Virtue's Last Reward before playing Zero Time Dilemma. ZTD will assume that you already know certain characters and the general story from the previous games, so the game will be more confusing to someone new to the series. ZTD might spoil some of the twists from the other ones.

And besides, 999 is my favourite of the series, but a lot of people view VLR as the best one.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic