Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 2,111

RogerRoger

@Th3solution

...and maybe GTAV since everyone apparently owns that and if you don’t have GTAV in your library then you’re an outcast like me 😉

Outcast like us, buddy. Outcast like us.

Although my best friend recently took advantage of its low price in the PSN Summer Sale and sent me a couple clips of her private session in the online mode. When she showed me the Bond-inspired submarine car and the Batmobile, I very nearly caved.

Seems there's no stopping it. It'll come after you next!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Lol, at least there’s two of us in the world.

But please, don’t tell me GTAV has a sentient flying turquoise Ford Anglia - a la Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets. That might be when I’d have to relent. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Give it time. "Yer a drug baron, 'arry!"

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Davehunt

Replying to @Th3solution & @RogerRoger ‘ in the end I had a bigger budget than expected and believe i'll be tied down for awhile now with games! the list i went with is below.
Grand Theft Auto V
Sekiro
Remnant: From the Ashes
Batman: Return to Arkham
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Marvel's Spider-Man
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Bloodborne
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Horizon Zero Dawn
On TOP of the Games I already had which was.
Resident Evil 2
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
WWE 2K19
The last Of Us Remastered
FIFA 19
As for Previous games of Uncharted and previous consoles like PS3,PS2 I aint played a console since PS1. I've mainly been a PC Guy since 2000 so ye thought i'd have a change and join the PS4 club I was gonna buy Division 2 / Pre order Modern warfare as love CoD but i am strugglin atm to adapt from PC to Console with shooting games... so Ye thanks for helping me guys and sorry about posting in the wrong section before.

Davehunt

KALofKRYPTON

@Davehunt That's certainly a lot of game!!

There's also the Uncharted collection you could play before doing 4.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Davehunt

@KALofKRYPTON next on my list would be another Sports Game but also would like a Racing car game aswell if ppl can recommend some i'd appreciate that. I mean when I did play console many many years ago I was a Gran Turismo, Ridge racer, Colin Mcrae Rally, Rage racer kinda guy.

Edited on by Davehunt

Davehunt

KALofKRYPTON

@Davehunt I'd love to recommend DriveClub, because it's an awesome game. Great looking, sim side of arcade handling model that feels brilliant. But I can't if you want a multiplayer experience as the servers are due to shut down soon. Single player content is plentiful though.

WipEout Omega Collection is probably the best racing game out there for my money. The Dirt games are well regarded, but I've very little experience with them.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@Davehunt Blimey, that list should keep you busy for a while!

It'll be interesting to see how you get along with these games, and gaming in general, since you haven't played on console for the past two generations. Be sure to pop back and let us know how you get along in one of the various "What Game Are You Playing?" topics around here!

Otherwise, just enjoy!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I only have the base game @Frigate but it's quite a challenge and there's a lot to learn like where to position your team members, working out the best skill setups and the likes.

I really like the visual style and the gothic, lovecraftian setting is pretty neat too. Plus the narrator is pretty hammy & loves chewing the scenery.

There's a sequel coming if I remebrr right and I think there's some WW set game that has lovingly ripped it off lol

So... Certainly needs some investment to get to grips with it and it's systems and there's some repetition with the
dungeons

There's a bunch of different settings to make it a bit easier like enemies not leaving corpses (that might mess up enemy placements)

Been a while since I booted it up though... Could do if you want some more info?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

Well I hope you get along with it @Frigate !

Enjoy and feel free to '@' me if ya need any help. Though I didn't get too far in it before putting it down and honestly need to get back to it myself at some point :')

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

I kinda got distracted by other games at the time @Frigate (I think it was Rayman Legends) and just wasn't in the mood for a challenge at that point either but... Guess that isn't the best of signs ha ha 😅

I'll get back to it soon! Hope you enjoy it if you do decide to get it and enjoy Dragon Age: Inquisition too ... I quite enjoyed that one after not really gelling with the first one!

Thrillho

Hey forumers, I know this question got asked not long ago (and the site has done articles on it) but what are good, simple local co-op games?

The wife randomly decided she’d like to give gaming a go while we played a mini-SNES on holiday in the US. The list on the site was good but I’m trying to find ones that are as simple as possible so indies are probably the way to go. Overcooked is definitely on the list, Sonic Mania May be worth a go too.

Any other thoughts?

Thrillho

kyleforrester87

@Thrillho sorry, I read your entire post twice and breezed over the co-op bit. I’d apologise but i’ll take any chance I can to plug Fez 😂

As for co-op, Castle Crashers could be a fun bet, out very soon on PS4.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Not played it but have heard good things about Chariot.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

I have all those games @KratosMD

Only one I don't like is Rogue Galaxy.

Never played it at launch but had Dark Cloud by Level 5 and thought I'd love it. But the weapon upgrading system that was in both Dark Cloud games is a joke in this.

Not to mention it gets extremely repetitive with the random battles and it feels like you're just running down corridor after corridor and the plot and story is extremely tropey

Dark Chronicle/Cloud 2 is good though.

I actually prefer the first game, but the second introduces voice acting, a melee AND ranged weapon, a golf minigame, an improved fishing minigame and the dungeon crawling/slight roguelike with the dungeons is more enjoyable with the more calculated combat (Rogue Galaxy feels button mashy in comparison)

The gameplay loop being much more enjoyable

As for Star Ocean: Til The End Of Time

It's technically the last of the series cannonically. You'll find out why if you get it

Only problem is there's a bit of a crashing bug with the release that hasn't been patched out properly. I think the game crashed about 7 times on me throughout my playthrough of it. Seemed to be because I was switching through the map display too fast.

But I bought the US version (It wasn't on sale on the UK store at the time), apparently the europe version is better... But heads up.

Otherwise it's a solid title, have it on PS2 as well

HallowMoonshadow

Dark Chronicle/Cloud 2 has like two references to the previous game... That's it though so you should be fine.

I just prefer the story and villian more in the first game really, the gameplay's pretty great in both with two having obvious improvememts

Star Ocean: Til The End Of Time is the only Star Ocean I've played @KratosMD and it doesn't seem to interconnect to any of the others directly far as I know.

There's a MASSIVE glossary for every term and topic you come across in the game that gives you a bunch more information about the world (even if most of it is irrelevant)

Not to mention there's plenty of endgame content with high level bonus dungeons and replayability with the relationship mechanic, four optional party members (you have to leave two behind), varying endings and the battle trophies

Again as I said careful if you do get it with that crashing problem. Crashed on me more then Fallout 4 did and being a rpg from the ps2 with no autosaves or anything you can lose a lot of progress.

The "Remaster" is also just an upscale with nothing else done as far as I can tell

Davehunt

I dunno, if I can start a new thread with this question so gonna add it here what would you guys say, are the best Assassin creed games so basically the question is to Assassin Creed fans if u had to rate the top 5 Assassin creed games out of 11 games total believe there is could be wrong? what makes your top 5 from the Assassin Creed Series?

Davehunt

Th3solution

@Davehunt Well, this article here is the Push Square editors’ opinion on that. You can see they have Odyssey, Origins, and Black Flag as their favorites, but you can see the full rank list of 14 games.
I’ve yet to play any of the series since Black Flag since I disliked it so much. But I do think I’ll dive back in and try Origins and/or Odyssey. My favorite is AC2.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Davehunt

Sorry if this is a silly question as it's a follow-up question so games like Assassin's Creed II (PS3) can't be played on PS4 correct? cus it says PS3 or am I completely wrong? sorry if it's a stupid question.

Davehunt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic