Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 581 to 600 of 715

MaulTsir

Seems a pretty solid list so far, there's still so many questions though to how it's all going to work, I'm assuming that more games will be added over time but how fast the turnover of games being added to removed will remain to be seen.

Overall though it looks decent, it really looks more of a grab for new players rather than to satisfy it current customer base though, if you have had a ps4 in the last 2 years your more than likely going to have played alot or most of the big hitters or even Own them but if you were to get a ps4/ps5 for the first time now then your getting a pretty impressive library.

It will only benefit us old ps uses eventually as the ones who have a backlog when games are added over time then we can sub in and out when needed to play them games. People who pre order or buy games day one will probably never have need for the first 2 tiers (unless of course for multiplayer and adding the monthly games is your thing) because by the time them games get added I'm guessing anything from 6months to a year before exclusives get added, you will have already paid for the game.

I have no interest in the classic/retro games myself so that last tier is where I assume existing customers are going to benefit, the ones who have been crying out for it at least anyway but again alot of people you see who want retro/classic really badly already own the older systems and play them in their original form so can't see it being something that would out right make people spend the most money, mabye If the 2 tiers where broken up so both could be had separately or if you want both go for the maximum plan that would probably get more people invested. The 2 higher tiers seem to be aimed at 2 totally different groups, 1 who want "newer" games and the ones who want more classic experience, so to have them in separate tiers would seem more sensible.

I have plus until January so Will most likely upgrade to the second tier and play the games thar are in my backlog, likes of returnal and such and after that will probably sub on a need to bases unless there's unmissable deals on yearly prices this seems the most logical step for an existing ps user. (From my stand point anyway)

MaulTsir

Th3solution

The initial list of games in the catalog is about what I was expecting, which is still a pretty good thing. I can’t believe how many people are disappointed. It’s a solid list. Most of us PS enthusiasts own and/or have played most of these titles, yes — but the service is probably mostly targeting getting fresh people into the ecosystem, either new gamers or pulling people over from Xbox. If that’s their target audience, then they are off to a really good start.

A few observations — I notice a lot of the games are former PS+ offerings, even amongst third party, which were given out years ago. Things like Hollow Knight, Valiant Hearts, Steep, and Zombi for example. Additionally, nearly all the older first and second party games are still there like GoW, the Uncharteds (although nice to see they added Lost Legacy now to make the full set, minus the Vita game; LL is the one game I’ve kept my physical copy of because it hasn’t been put on Plus before), Bloodborne, the Team Ico games, etc. So those of us who have been PS+ subscribers for years aren’t really gaining much with these. Many games in the Extra catalog have been sitting in my backlog for a long, long time.

The icing on the cake through is new-ish PS5 games — Returnal, Miles Morales, Demon Souls Remake, and the Director’s Cut versions of GoT, Death Stranding, . These also have been bought and played by most of us already, so not much to gain, but would be really awesome to have immediate access for a new PS5 owner, or someone coming over from Xbox.

So is there anything on this list that will entice me to upgrade? AC Valhalla is a nice addition and I was going to eventually buy that. Watch Dogs, Medievil, Everybody’s Golf, Celeste, and Child of Light are all games I’ve been curious about and would maybe take a stab at if I had the service. As for the Premium, not much in the retro catalog caught my eye except for Tokyo Jungle and I never finished RDR Undead Nightmare and Puppeteer. Also I somehow missed R&C: Into the Nexus. Nevertheless, there’s not enough to quite pull me in.

So it’s a solid list, but one I don’t think I’ll pay the upgrade fees for yet. Like others have said, my existing backlog just has so many more games I would rather be playing right now. I do think this may affect my future buying habits — so as the months go by, I could see myself hold off buying a game that I think might go on the service, and then sub to the service for a few months instead.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Th3solution

@MaulTsir We simul-posted there with very similar thoughts 😅. …Great minds and all that. 😄

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

render

@MaulTsir @Th3solution I think there's a lot of existing players that are going to be interested in this service still, those that don't want to pay full price for this newest batch of games being offered. There's been plenty of comments on over the past year from people complaining about the £70/$70 games but if they get someone to signup for a year at £83.99/$99.99 then they've made more than they would from selling a single new game. I know there is still the cost of providing the service to them for the rest of the contact but even so having that money in the bank means they can invest it in something else. They have also potentially managed to lock that person in for multiple years if they don't cancel so that's then guaranteed income.

render

Elodin

This is a great list for me. It helped buying that Now sub in March. Thanks Pushsquare. I had PSPLUS through mid June so now I have premium through March next year. That is plenty of time to play what I like on the list. Starting with Deathstranding, Miles, lost legacy, and trying out both Southpark games. Many others I want to try out as well. This will push all my purchases back where I will then get them on sale. Come next March I'll probably have played all I wanted and drop back down to plus only.

Elodin

Th3solution

@render Good point. I know specifically a lot of gamers have been reluctant to drop the dough for Returnal and Demon’s Souls, due to fear of being put off by the difficulty. This will bring a lot of them into the service. Also, it’s pretty clever including Demon’s Souls as a lure for the millions of people who played Elden Ring as their first FromSoft game and perhaps are looking for something similar on current gen.

I’m sure there is sophisticated sales calculations that factor in to figure out the tipping point of when new game sales drop to a level that the potential income from new PS+ subscriptions it might bring outweighs any sales the game is getting.

In that light, it’s interesting to see Rift Apart isn’t on the list. Perhaps it will be coming in the near future. They have to leave something in the vault for later.

————————

MaulTsir

@Th3solution Can never complain at the comparison of a great mind 🤣 yeah I'm of similar thinking and from what I can gauge from other people I've spoken to it seems that alot of people consider it to be a decent shake up (outside the obvious social media crowd who think their ideas should be implemented on everything and the second it isn't everything is crap). The best part about it is its not like their forcing anyone to sign up, it's there if you want it or it suits you and if not then don't bother and continue doing what does suit you.

@render I agree there will definitely be existing users interested, I will be one of them because games like Returnal now mean I can jump on that with out paying £50 or whatever, but overall you would imagine that the core of ps4/ps5 users will have played or bought these games already or have no interest in the ones they haven't.

I believe existing users like my self who have a lot of games to play but don't actually buy them until I'm ready, it will suit alot, but alot of users, just by going of this forum alone will buy alot of games either day one or have a great big backlog from games they bought on sales. So this probably won't appeal to them.

MaulTsir

Lavalera

@Th3solution exactly this. I'm fairly new to console gaming this generation and got my first ever playstation in January of this year. I bought some of the ps4 exclusives and got some from the ps plus collection but games like returnal, demon souls and death stranding I wouldnr buy otherwise because I'm not into challenging games usually and death stranding is either a love it or hate it game. This way when I upgrade my Ps plus to extra I can try all those out without having to buy them and then maybe regret it since it was to difficult. This way I can try them out without spending much extra money and get acces to a few more ps4 games I haven't played yet. So yeah for newcomers the offering is a no brainer to go for extra.

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

Th3solution

@Lavalera Yeah, this will be great for you. You basically get to come in and reap the benefits right away on what took me 5+ years to build my gaming library into. The hard part will be choosing what to play first! 😄

I’ll be interested to hear how you get along with those 3 games specifically because they are somewhat niche, but all fantastic in their own right. But I adored each one of them. Of the 3, I think Death Stranding was my favorite, closely followed by Returnal and then Demon’s Souls, but its still excellent. All three are absolute lookers and will showcase the PS5 in different ways. Just phenomenal games.

I do wonder if there will be a temptation to abandon a game that one hasn’t “paid for” (in the traditional sense) because each of those games does require a level of commitment to get through some opening challenges or frustrations. Especially Returnal. But I’m an average gamer at best, and with a little help from the forums here, and using YouTube for assistance with bosses sometimes, I made it to the end of Returnal and Demon’s Souls, and the enjoyment from succeeding with these games if incomparable with other games and worth the small effort.
Have you played any FromSoft games or Souls-likes before?

————————

Lavalera

@Th3solution I tried ds2 years back on the pc and last year I tried Sekiro. Sekiro was tough as nails, I just couldn't get the parry timing right and after hours of being stuck I gave up. Played a few games with souls like type combat like Jedi fallen order, Kena and stranger of paradise, but that's about it. Those games have sliders for difficulty so that was the main reason I played those.

Seeing the games are "free" now gives me the option to try that type of game again and see if I'm ready for it. I know there are guides and stuff so I have to take my time read some tips and tricks and fully dedicate my time when I play something like Demon Souls. I am also still eyeing Elden Ring seeing all the praise its getting, but hearing it's still difficult held me back for paying full price for it yet, so who knows after trying Demon Souls I might also get that one.

Deaths stranding is kind of a unique game it doesn't feel or look like anything I have played yet, but it's also getting a lot of praise. I know if I want info about things there is a very helpful community here, I'm mostly reading the posts here and only post when I have questions or really have something to say. So I know if I need advise or have questions about those things I can get it here

PSNid: Lavalera

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I get the feeling even if they had literally every single game released on the service there still would be people that would find something to be disappointed in it. 😂

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Milktastrophe

Rumor has it that Ubisoft+ Classic is going to be the gold versions of every Ubisoft game older than 18 months. If true that's an insane value add for PS+.

Personally I think the older than 18 months might be true, but probably not the gold versions. They'll entice people to buy the season passes. Ubisoft+ proper might offer the gold versions of the older games in addition to day one new releases.

Milktastrophe

trev666

I think the disappointment comes from alot of people jump right on the newest PlayStation games. so while theres alot of great games theyve already played them. Ive already played tsushima, miles morales, spiderman, returnal, death stranding etc etc so im disappointed that i bought them near launch.

wont do it again i will stop buying PlayStation exclusives

trev666

Voltan

@Milktastrophe I think I saw someone check and it was the complete version of Valhalla. Didn’t look into it myself but I guess I’ll re-download and play the DLC if true.

Voltan

trev666

Ubisoft+ games include all th eDLC now whether ubisoft+ classics do is another matter

trev666

WaterKirby1964

When it comes to PS Plus Premium, I am more interested in retro games. So, just asking out of interest, what retro games you would like to see for PS Plus Premium?

WaterKirby1964

PSN: WaterKirby1964

JohnnyShoulder

GTA 5

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic