Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 581 to 600 of 751

Elodin

This is a great list for me. It helped buying that Now sub in March. Thanks Pushsquare. I had PSPLUS through mid June so now I have premium through March next year. That is plenty of time to play what I like on the list. Starting with Deathstranding, Miles, lost legacy, and trying out both Southpark games. Many others I want to try out as well. This will push all my purchases back where I will then get them on sale. Come next March I'll probably have played all I wanted and drop back down to plus only.

Elodin

Th3solution

@render Good point. I know specifically a lot of gamers have been reluctant to drop the dough for Returnal and Demon’s Souls, due to fear of being put off by the difficulty. This will bring a lot of them into the service. Also, it’s pretty clever including Demon’s Souls as a lure for the millions of people who played Elden Ring as their first FromSoft game and perhaps are looking for something similar on current gen.

I’m sure there is sophisticated sales calculations that factor in to figure out the tipping point of when new game sales drop to a level that the potential income from new PS+ subscriptions it might bring outweighs any sales the game is getting.

In that light, it’s interesting to see Rift Apart isn’t on the list. Perhaps it will be coming in the near future. They have to leave something in the vault for later.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

@Th3solution Can never complain at the comparison of a great mind 🤣 yeah I'm of similar thinking and from what I can gauge from other people I've spoken to it seems that alot of people consider it to be a decent shake up (outside the obvious social media crowd who think their ideas should be implemented on everything and the second it isn't everything is crap). The best part about it is its not like their forcing anyone to sign up, it's there if you want it or it suits you and if not then don't bother and continue doing what does suit you.

@render I agree there will definitely be existing users interested, I will be one of them because games like Returnal now mean I can jump on that with out paying £50 or whatever, but overall you would imagine that the core of ps4/ps5 users will have played or bought these games already or have no interest in the ones they haven't.

I believe existing users like my self who have a lot of games to play but don't actually buy them until I'm ready, it will suit alot, but alot of users, just by going of this forum alone will buy alot of games either day one or have a great big backlog from games they bought on sales. So this probably won't appeal to them.

MaulTsir

Lavalera

@Th3solution exactly this. I'm fairly new to console gaming this generation and got my first ever playstation in January of this year. I bought some of the ps4 exclusives and got some from the ps plus collection but games like returnal, demon souls and death stranding I wouldnr buy otherwise because I'm not into challenging games usually and death stranding is either a love it or hate it game. This way when I upgrade my Ps plus to extra I can try all those out without having to buy them and then maybe regret it since it was to difficult. This way I can try them out without spending much extra money and get acces to a few more ps4 games I haven't played yet. So yeah for newcomers the offering is a no brainer to go for extra.

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

Th3solution

@Lavalera Yeah, this will be great for you. You basically get to come in and reap the benefits right away on what took me 5+ years to build my gaming library into. The hard part will be choosing what to play first! 😄

I’ll be interested to hear how you get along with those 3 games specifically because they are somewhat niche, but all fantastic in their own right. But I adored each one of them. Of the 3, I think Death Stranding was my favorite, closely followed by Returnal and then Demon’s Souls, but its still excellent. All three are absolute lookers and will showcase the PS5 in different ways. Just phenomenal games.

I do wonder if there will be a temptation to abandon a game that one hasn’t “paid for” (in the traditional sense) because each of those games does require a level of commitment to get through some opening challenges or frustrations. Especially Returnal. But I’m an average gamer at best, and with a little help from the forums here, and using YouTube for assistance with bosses sometimes, I made it to the end of Returnal and Demon’s Souls, and the enjoyment from succeeding with these games if incomparable with other games and worth the small effort.
Have you played any FromSoft games or Souls-likes before?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Lavalera

@Th3solution I tried ds2 years back on the pc and last year I tried Sekiro. Sekiro was tough as nails, I just couldn't get the parry timing right and after hours of being stuck I gave up. Played a few games with souls like type combat like Jedi fallen order, Kena and stranger of paradise, but that's about it. Those games have sliders for difficulty so that was the main reason I played those.

Seeing the games are "free" now gives me the option to try that type of game again and see if I'm ready for it. I know there are guides and stuff so I have to take my time read some tips and tricks and fully dedicate my time when I play something like Demon Souls. I am also still eyeing Elden Ring seeing all the praise its getting, but hearing it's still difficult held me back for paying full price for it yet, so who knows after trying Demon Souls I might also get that one.

Deaths stranding is kind of a unique game it doesn't feel or look like anything I have played yet, but it's also getting a lot of praise. I know if I want info about things there is a very helpful community here, I'm mostly reading the posts here and only post when I have questions or really have something to say. So I know if I need advise or have questions about those things I can get it here

PSNid: Lavalera

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I get the feeling even if they had literally every single game released on the service there still would be people that would find something to be disappointed in it. 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Milktastrophe

Rumor has it that Ubisoft+ Classic is going to be the gold versions of every Ubisoft game older than 18 months. If true that's an insane value add for PS+.

Personally I think the older than 18 months might be true, but probably not the gold versions. They'll entice people to buy the season passes. Ubisoft+ proper might offer the gold versions of the older games in addition to day one new releases.

Milktastrophe

trev666

I think the disappointment comes from alot of people jump right on the newest PlayStation games. so while theres alot of great games theyve already played them. Ive already played tsushima, miles morales, spiderman, returnal, death stranding etc etc so im disappointed that i bought them near launch.

wont do it again i will stop buying PlayStation exclusives

trev666

Voltan

@Milktastrophe I think I saw someone check and it was the complete version of Valhalla. Didn’t look into it myself but I guess I’ll re-download and play the DLC if true.

Voltan

trev666

Ubisoft+ games include all th eDLC now whether ubisoft+ classics do is another matter

trev666

WaterKirby_64

When it comes to PS Plus Premium, I am more interested in retro games. So, just asking out of interest, what retro games you would like to see for PS Plus Premium?

WaterKirby_64

PSN: WaterKirby1964

JohnnyShoulder

GTA 5

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

Here's the full list of games available in Asia now:
https://www.playstation.com/en-hk/ps-plus/games/

What's interesting here: A lot of the games that have a PS4 or even PS5 version but were originally released on PS3 (such as The Last Of Us: Remastered or the Nathan Drake Collection) are considered part of the "Classics Collection" and thus only available in the highest tier.

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Of course Sony found a way to be cheapskates 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett But on the other hand, Final Fantasy games from PS1 and PS2 are in the Extra tier, sooo... shrug

Voltan

Milktastrophe

We should share what games we've foolishly bought but haven't yet played and are now free on PS+. For me it's:

1. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (I was actually tricked with this one into thinking the disc has a different trophy list than digital)
2. Death End Request 2
3. Death Stranding
4. South Park The Fractured But Whole
5. Star Ocean First Departure R
6. World of Final Fantasy

It's not too bad considering there's at least 20 games on there I'm interested in and don't have. Probably even more I'll want to play once I look up some of the ones I don't recognize off the top of my head.

The rollout to the rest of the world can't come soon enough! I'm hyped!

Edited on by Milktastrophe

Milktastrophe

nessisonett

@Milktastrophe Guardians of the Galaxy! I did love it though and I absolutely do not regret paying for it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@Milktastrophe I very rarely buy games that I don't intend to play immediately (or at least soon) so I have zero games in that category, fortunately.
There are many games I already own but nothing I'd regret paying for a while back.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic