Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 561 to 580 of 751

Voltan

I wasn't too excited about the PS3 streaming but now I know I'll get to play those Ratchet and Clank games at the very least

Voltan

colonelkilgore

velio84 wrote:

… and at least in my eyes - much better than Gamepass.

Yup it looks to be at least as good as imho 🤔

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

@Voltan I've played through those R&C games on Now. Shame they aren't emulated on the PS5 but they played well enough via streaming and I only really felt the lag once I'd played R&C PS4 and tried to go back.

Looks like a good selection of games so far though. I'm unlikely to play many but it's good to see that they are there if I want them.

render

nessisonett

Unfortunately I seem to own most of the big hitters already but I can’t really complain about that! It’s a decent list but they really need to add to the retro offerings. From the looks of things, the PS2 support was a little white lie, it’s only the exact same PS4 remasters that were included with PS Now so far. Also, they’re removing some of the better PS3 games from Now.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ScarletSpidey

Yeah, I can't see me sticking with the new service after my existing sub runs out. I never play online and already own 90% of the retro games I want to play. Trophies would have probably swung it, alongside not having to plug and unplug another console, but money is getting tight these days so it's an easy saving.

ScarletSpidey

johncalmc

I'm assuming the games announced is just a partial list to whet the appetite, and in that regard it's fine since I really wanted Jumping Flash and Kurushi and we got them. But I still need to see the full list before I see if I'm signing up to this thing, and honestly, now I know that you can just buy the games a la carte the subscription is a much tougher sell to me.

I never got Gamepass. When I was a kid and had no money I'd be all over it, but I'm at the point now where I have so many games that I could not buy games for like another three years and I'd still be fine gaming. The number of games ain't the problem, and throwing more mid-tier games into the mix doesn't appeal to me. I don't want or need access to hundreds of games.

My only interest in this PS Plus thing is the classic stuff, especially if they get trophies in there. And so far it's kinda enouraging.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah I was impressed what what games were listed, especially as that was only a taster. There are enough games that I'm interested in and not played for me to consider subbing. I have no interest in retro games, so it will be the Extra tier for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

One thing that stands out to me is the lack of Square Enix games outside of FF15 (which was already on the PS Plus Collection) and Guardians.
I'm not saying this means anything - just expected more, I guess. But also the 3rd party list they shared is pretty short, so I expect many more to be added (both by launch and afterwards).

Voltan

trev666

one question that hasnt been answered yet will PlayStation exclusive games get removed after 90 days like they do on psnow?

trev666

nessisonett

@Voltan Technically Guardians isn’t really a Squeenix game anymore, Eidos Montreal were bought by Embracer!

Voltan

@trev666 That's a two part question IMO:
1. What you said - I think it would make sense for 1st party games to be permanent and 3rd party come and go
2. Will it work like PS+ has so far - meaning once you added a game to your library you can play it anytime as long as you're subscribed to the required tier? I don't think they mentioned this but they are calling it PS Plus and this is what PS Plus has always been.

Voltan

Voltan

@nessisonett Yes and no - Squeenix wouldn't be involved in any potential sequels but they're still the publisher of this one (it's even listed as a Squeenix game). Also I don't think that deal is finalized yet.

Voltan

trev666

guardians of the galaxy is a licenced game and while square sold the studio they didnt sell the game or right to make marvel games. so square could make another guardians of the galaxy game if they wanted with another developer they wont but they could

trev666

nessisonett

@Voltan @trev666 The head of Embracer stated that they now have the rights to both Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy’s existing versions. Which makes sense given that they’re now taking over Avengers’ live-service elements and funding its continued development.

Voltan

@nessisonett Either way, Guardians is not your usual S-E game for sure. The lack of others is a bit unexpected, especially given the fact that there's a number of Final Fantasy games currently on PS Now, if I'm not mistaken.

Voltan

MaulTsir

Seems a pretty solid list so far, there's still so many questions though to how it's all going to work, I'm assuming that more games will be added over time but how fast the turnover of games being added to removed will remain to be seen.

Overall though it looks decent, it really looks more of a grab for new players rather than to satisfy it current customer base though, if you have had a ps4 in the last 2 years your more than likely going to have played alot or most of the big hitters or even Own them but if you were to get a ps4/ps5 for the first time now then your getting a pretty impressive library.

It will only benefit us old ps uses eventually as the ones who have a backlog when games are added over time then we can sub in and out when needed to play them games. People who pre order or buy games day one will probably never have need for the first 2 tiers (unless of course for multiplayer and adding the monthly games is your thing) because by the time them games get added I'm guessing anything from 6months to a year before exclusives get added, you will have already paid for the game.

I have no interest in the classic/retro games myself so that last tier is where I assume existing customers are going to benefit, the ones who have been crying out for it at least anyway but again alot of people you see who want retro/classic really badly already own the older systems and play them in their original form so can't see it being something that would out right make people spend the most money, mabye If the 2 tiers where broken up so both could be had separately or if you want both go for the maximum plan that would probably get more people invested. The 2 higher tiers seem to be aimed at 2 totally different groups, 1 who want "newer" games and the ones who want more classic experience, so to have them in separate tiers would seem more sensible.

I have plus until January so Will most likely upgrade to the second tier and play the games thar are in my backlog, likes of returnal and such and after that will probably sub on a need to bases unless there's unmissable deals on yearly prices this seems the most logical step for an existing ps user. (From my stand point anyway)

MaulTsir

Th3solution

The initial list of games in the catalog is about what I was expecting, which is still a pretty good thing. I can’t believe how many people are disappointed. It’s a solid list. Most of us PS enthusiasts own and/or have played most of these titles, yes — but the service is probably mostly targeting getting fresh people into the ecosystem, either new gamers or pulling people over from Xbox. If that’s their target audience, then they are off to a really good start.

A few observations — I notice a lot of the games are former PS+ offerings, even amongst third party, which were given out years ago. Things like Hollow Knight, Valiant Hearts, Steep, and Zombi for example. Additionally, nearly all the older first and second party games are still there like GoW, the Uncharteds (although nice to see they added Lost Legacy now to make the full set, minus the Vita game; LL is the one game I’ve kept my physical copy of because it hasn’t been put on Plus before), Bloodborne, the Team Ico games, etc. So those of us who have been PS+ subscribers for years aren’t really gaining much with these. Many games in the Extra catalog have been sitting in my backlog for a long, long time.

The icing on the cake through is new-ish PS5 games — Returnal, Miles Morales, Demon Souls Remake, and the Director’s Cut versions of GoT, Death Stranding, . These also have been bought and played by most of us already, so not much to gain, but would be really awesome to have immediate access for a new PS5 owner, or someone coming over from Xbox.

So is there anything on this list that will entice me to upgrade? AC Valhalla is a nice addition and I was going to eventually buy that. Watch Dogs, Medievil, Everybody’s Golf, Celeste, and Child of Light are all games I’ve been curious about and would maybe take a stab at if I had the service. As for the Premium, not much in the retro catalog caught my eye except for Tokyo Jungle and I never finished RDR Undead Nightmare and Puppeteer. Also I somehow missed R&C: Into the Nexus. Nevertheless, there’s not enough to quite pull me in.

So it’s a solid list, but one I don’t think I’ll pay the upgrade fees for yet. Like others have said, my existing backlog just has so many more games I would rather be playing right now. I do think this may affect my future buying habits — so as the months go by, I could see myself hold off buying a game that I think might go on the service, and then sub to the service for a few months instead.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@MaulTsir We simul-posted there with very similar thoughts 😅. …Great minds and all that. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@MaulTsir @Th3solution I think there's a lot of existing players that are going to be interested in this service still, those that don't want to pay full price for this newest batch of games being offered. There's been plenty of comments on over the past year from people complaining about the £70/$70 games but if they get someone to signup for a year at £83.99/$99.99 then they've made more than they would from selling a single new game. I know there is still the cost of providing the service to them for the rest of the contact but even so having that money in the bank means they can invest it in something else. They have also potentially managed to lock that person in for multiple years if they don't cancel so that's then guaranteed income.

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic