Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 441 to 460 of 751

Voltan

@Sorteddan I played Knockout City in the open beta. Didn't stick with it myself (because I didn't need another game that I play on a regular basis) but I think it's pretty good. FCT I'm just not interested in at all.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan Just that LEGO game alone would be superb value. It's one of the best, and very substantial.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger When I got my PS5, I sold my PS4 Pro to a friend who wanted one to play with his son (they were still on PS3 at the time). I know for a fact that was the first game they bought for it

Voltan

Th3solution

Noticing that PS Plus subs are yet again on a steep sale, this time 50% off for new subscribers only, makes me even more curious as to what the future strategy of PS Plus is going to be. Like what the subscription pricing is going to be for the different “tiers” and exactly what will be included, especially in this expanded PS Plus Collection that is rumored.

I don’t remember there being back-to-back sales of PS Plus like this last year, but I could be mistaken.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I’m a bit suspicious. Feels like a fire sale before the new subscription.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@Th3solution @nessisonett You don't think they'll go all "Still got 3 years of PS Plus on your account? Well tough sh*t", do you?
They had one of these "new subscribers" discounts during the summer, I believe.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Nintendo did it with the expansion pass! Got a little discount but that was it. I get the feeling they’ll just leave you on the base tier and you’ll have to upgrade.

Voltan

@nessisonett If they leave you on the base tier and that tier is priced lower than current PS Plus regular price - yeah, that would be a bit of a d*ck move. I'm not sure they would do that but who knows anymore

Voltan

Kidfried

@nessisonett I can see you're clearly traumatized by Nintendo. For your own sake, go see a doctor Mario!

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Hahaha I’m one of the suckers who paid for the expansion pass as well! I just like N64 games 😂

Th3solution

@Voltan @nessisonett I’ll be really disappointed if they say that all the current Plus subscribers get the base plan and they take away the PS Plus Collection from us and then ask for another $10-15 to upgrade. I mean I played most of the Collection, but it’s good to know I can play RE7 when I’m ready, or MH World or Crash Bandicoot. But the more I think about it, the more I suspect they will do just that. I was hoping so much for an a la carte option where I could forego online and instead get PS Now or the expanded PS+ Collection.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution If you add the PS Plus Collection games to your library now, they should behave the same way as any other PS Plus games (playable at any time while you're subscribed). I can't imagine them removing those from people's libraries.
I honestly have no idea what the new subscription could be like (especially given the fact that PS Now was never available in my region) but I can't imagine them removing anything from PS Plus unless they also lower the price of the base tier (and convert existing subs to a higher one). The only way that could happen is with a very early announcement (like when they removed PS3 games from PS Plus - it was announced a full year ahead). That's not happening if the new service is really launching this spring.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I can't see them taking away the PS Plus collection for the lower tier. That would be a serious own goal.

They need to be careful with how they price this, as MS will be looking on to see if they need to react. If Sony get it wrong, MS will need to do nothing and still be 'winning'.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@Voltan i was waiting for something like this. Great gift, SE!

Kidfried

Voltan

Now I’m kinda mad (at myself) 😂

• I own it on disc
  • a friend has my disc
  • I wasn’t going to immediately replay it so I didn’t bother getting the disc back
  • I’m not sure I’ll be able to get the disc back now during the holidays
  • I didn’t redeem the PS Plus game because I had no use for a non-upgradable PS4 version and was worried it could interfere with the upgrade of the disc version 😂
  • I’m not sure if I’ll be able to buy the DLC while it’s discounted if I don’t have the game while the offer lasts!
    LOL

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan That is good news! Hopefully the other games that had the PS5 upgrade blocked for the PS Plus versions will be unlocked.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan You could always buy a cheap 2nd hand copy? That's what I've done in the past. Admittedly, I've used some store credit so it didn't cost me any money.

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder Nah, I'll get my copy back - if not now then after the holidays. I doubt the discount on the DLC would be worth buying the game again

Voltan

sorteddan

That is positive news. So apologies if this is dumb question but...
Do I download ps4 version onto ps5 now then on Wednesday download the upgrade or wait until Wednesday to download a ps5 version onto ps5?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic