Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 661 to 680 of 699

Sloane

Yakuza spinoff judgment is the one I want to play it's on the HDD but gotta finish this that and the other.

Discussion starter// This is my Twitter now X// Indie Game Dev//

LtSarge

Previous backlog:
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (PS4) - Finished
Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain (PS4) - Finished
Onrush (PS4) - Not finished

Previous upcoming purchases:
Assassin's Creed: Mirage (PS5) - Bought
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) - Bought
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch) - Bought
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (PS5) - Not bought but played it a bit on Game Pass
Super Mario RPG (Switch) - Bought

Current backlog:
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (Switch)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
Dragon's Crown Pro (PS4)

Upcoming purchases:
Granblue Fantasy: Relink (PS5)
Persona 3: Reload (PS5)
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth (PS5)

Managed to finish most of my previous backlog. Didn't have enough time to finish Onrush back when I had a month of PS+, but if I get another opportunity then I'll probably resume it.

Also bought pretty much all of my previous upcoming purchases. I ordered Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Super Mario RPG earlier in the week, so they'll most likely arrive in a couple of days. I'm probably not going to buy Like a Dragon Gaiden now that I know it's on Game Pass. I'll just play it on there.

Got a good mix of current backlog games. I'm almost done with Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty shouldn't take that long to finish. I just started playing Dragon's Crown, which is so much fun but it definitely feels more fitting on a handheld device. Good thing I can play it on my Portal!

In terms of upcoming purchases, I wasn't planning on getting Granblue but it looks very interesting and I need something new and refreshing among remakes like Persona 3 and FF7 Rebirth. I'm really looking forward to P3 as I'm hopeful Atlus has added a lot of new content that makes the experience much better. As for FF7 Rebirth, I really want to play it at launch but it all depends on if I manage to finish Remake in time.

LtSarge

Ralizah

My next three games, which I plan to finish by the end of February, are:

• Prodeus (SD)
  • Master Detective Archives: Rain Code (NS)
  • WarioWare: Mega Microgames (GBA emu via NSO)

WarioWare is probably pretty short, and Prodeus is a boomer shooter, so I foresee Rain Code being the only game requiring any significant investment of hours. That said, I have 2 - 3 weeks spent on vacation, and then hopefully a few weeks spent training for a new job, so I won't have a ton of free time for gaming regardless in this period.

No upcoming purchases are planned. Going to wait to see how P3R runs on Steam Deck, and how the new Princess Peach game reviews.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

CaptD

@LtSarge I shed a tear when they turned off the Onrush servers.
I have so many hours in that game, probably the best coop racing game there ever was.

CaptD

Th3solution

It’s been a while since I reported (over two months), but I was able to complete Disco Elysium, which I enjoyed, and have made substantial progress on FFXVI, which I’m also enjoying. I’ve clocked close to 60 hours and am savoring every minute of it. It’s been a good one to play alongside other games because it is relatively forgiving and quick to get back in the flow of. Although I think the game’s easiness is overstated, and I have especially just scraped by in some of the optional hunts.

I have purchased my planned purchases — Spider-Man 2 and Baldur’s Gate 3.

So the immediate plan is —
Finish FFXVI, and
Finish A Plague Tale: Requiem, which I started with the Game Club.

After those, it will be all about Spider-Man 2 and/or Baldur’s Gate 3, depending on my mood at the time. I reckon I’ll do both in concert with one another since they are so different. We’ll see

As for planned purchases, my next is probably
Dragon’s Dogma 2 and either Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth or Crisis Core Reunion. It would be nice if they sold a bundle with Crisis Core included as a free bonus instead of Remake.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@CaptD It's a very fun game, albeit a bit repetitive due to the lack of tracks and different race types. I definitely need to continue playing it when I get the opportunity.

Speaking of which, I'm playing through Dirt 2 now on 360 and it reminds me heavily of Onrush. Which isn't surprising since both games were developed by Codemasters. It's also a very fun game. Codemasters is simply the best at making fun racing games like Onrush, Dirt and Grid.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

CaptD

@LtSarge Yes there is definitely a lack of content in Onrush and I consider that to be its main reason for its failure, there simply wasn't enough content for the price. It should have released at a budget price point.
As for feeling like Dirt 2, Onrush was actually the first project by the Ex-Sony Evolution team who were taken on by Codemasters. This is why it also feels like Motorstorm albeit nowhere near the scope. I loved the Motorstorm series and Sony were idiots for closing that studio, I only wish Sony would port the Motorstorm trilogy to PSVR2.

CaptD

FuriousMachine

Next three purchases:
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden (well, technically already purchased, but I count it as it hasn't been released)
Hogwarts Legacy
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion
Apart from Banishers, that list is very tentative though and, depending on sales, may take the back seat to others. For upcoming releases, there aren't really any that I'm 100% certain that I'll buy, but there are quite a few that are highly likely. I'm itching for Persona 3 Reload, but I'm still hurting a bit as I had just purchased the remasters of the third and fourth Persona games when this one was announced and I feel that neither of the P3 are the total package. It is likely that I'll bin the remaster and go for Reload, though (pending good reviews)

Backlog:
The Last of Us Part II (have had the PS4 for a long while, unplayed, and just upgraded to the PS5 version. Must get this done before season 2 drops)
Sexy Brutale
Cyberpunk 2077

Still, need to finish Control first. Not even halfway through, so might be a while

FuriousMachine

xeofate

I've got a bit of a bit of a backlog right now so thought I'd post it here. The reviews for Infinite Wealth have got me intrigued so I'm going to get into that series with Like a Dragon. Sea of Stars is a good game for the steam deck so started that also.

Main Games being played right now:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Just started it, the cut scenes are lengthy
Sea of Stars - Am liking this so so far, it oozes quality

Games I'm dipping in and out of:

Street Fighter 6 - Story mode is quite addictive
Gran Turismo 7 - Good game to zone out to
Mario Wonder - Joyous game this, always makes me smile.

Backlog:

The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine - played a few hours of it so far. Hope it's as good as Hearts of Stone
Starfield - played about 26 hours of it but needed a break from it so back to the backlog you go
Baldur's gate 3 - Got to Act 2 in this but the slow pace is putting me off so parked it for now
Drainus - I'm terrible at this game but it's so good I will take another stab at it at some point
Vampire Survivors - I will likely get addicted to this game
Ghost Trick - Started it but don't want to get into it right now

Upcoming Purchases:

Tekken 8 - Will need to finish Gran Turismo 7 first to free up space on the PS5 before I can get this

xeofate

themcnoisy

June 2022

Gran Turismo - Finish a further 3 tracks at gold on circuit experience. (Yup)

Judgement - Start it up properly (Yup and hated it)

FF8 remaster - Complete the initial 5 hours (1000g on xbox with all side quests complete)

February 2024

Elden Ring - Beat some more bosses (just beat Godrick the grafted after 22 hours rofl 🤣)

Mario Wonder - Get to the northern area

Warriors Orochi 4 - Get all camp upgrades

To buy

1 more Wales interactive fmv game.

Ori and the will of the wisps

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@xeofate Tekken 8 is really good. It's a similar level to Street Figher 6 with a vast suite of great offline and online modes. No avatar fighters this time but with a significant amount of fighters with the base game, I didn't miss that feature.

One thing I will say, both are very offense heavy. And for a defensive counter fighter like myself, they both make me yearn for another soul calibur.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Black_Swordsman

Currently playing Demon's Souls, aim to level End from 31 to 40 and Str from 32 to 66 for the max build. Then take down False King Allant and breeze through the rest of the game (in an ideal world) 🤣
(Vit and Magic are already at 99 and 50)

In my current PS5 backlog, including yet to be released games:

Lords of the Fallen (2023)
Death Stranding: Director's Cut
Rise of the Ronin
Nioh Collection
Dragon's Dogma 2
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Banished: Ghosts of New Eden
Resident Evil 2 Remake Deluxe Edition
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

Upcoming Games that I want to play

Enotria: The Last Song
Black Myth: Wukong
Silent Hill 2 Remake

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Ralizah

Ralizah wrote:

My next three games, which I plan to finish by the end of February, are:

• Prodeus (SD)
  • Master Detective Archives: Rain Code (NS)
  • WarioWare: Mega Microgames (GBA emu via NSO)

WarioWare is probably pretty short, and Prodeus is a boomer shooter, so I foresee Rain Code being the only game requiring any significant investment of hours. That said, I have 2 - 3 weeks spent on vacation, and then hopefully a few weeks spent training for a new job, so I won't have a ton of free time for gaming regardless in this period.

No upcoming purchases are planned. Going to wait to see how P3R runs on Steam Deck, and how the new Princess Peach game reviews.

Welp, still haven't made progress on Rain Code. Prodeus and WarioWare are a wrap, though.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:

• Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (via the Reboot Camp collection on Switch) //would have been done with this a week ago if the last few missions weren't so intimidatingly difficult//

ON HIATUS:

• Master Detective Archives: Rain Code //Progress on this has been weirdly slow; just can't get into it//
  • Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut //Haven't really been able to get back into this since getting back from my trip//

NEXT NEW BACKLOGGED TITLE:

• Super Mario RPG //This one is apparently reasonably short, approachable, and runs beautifully on Switch, so I definitely am looking forward to playing it//

NEXT LONG-TERM UNFINISHED GAME:

• Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe //Haven't played since early last year, but I doubt getting back into it will be much of an issue//

NEXT POTENTIAL PURCHASE:

• Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance //Despite having blown a fair bit of money on the original Switch version, I'm still excited to have an improved version on more capable platforms//

LtSarge

@Ralizah Out of curiosity, since you said you can't get into Rain Code, do you feel that you're not as interested in visual novels as before? I feel that has happened to me now. Maybe it's because I've gotten older or that my taste has changed, but nowadays whenever I want to play a game, I don't want to just read, I want to actually do something in it. Even though I don't mind reading in a game that has a lot of text such as Persona 3 Reload, I mostly look forward to getting to the dungeon crawling part and actually doing something.

I don't think I dislike visual novels. It's just that I'm never in a mood to play them anymore, which is really unfortunate as there are still plenty of ones I want to experience, such as Rain Code.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Ralizah

@LtSarge Nah. It wasn't that long ago that I played the heck out of adventure games like AI: The Somnium Files and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. I just don't think it's done enough to hook me tbh. The Danganronpa games leaned heavily on memorable characters and an immediately engaging premise, but the only character who has lived up to that standard at all so far is the game's mascot, Shinigami.

I'm still not very far in, so hopefully it improves as it goes on.

LtSarge

@Ralizah Ah I see. I agree that the beginning wasn't as captivating as the Danganronpa games. It focused more on gameplay rather than story elements. Have to force myself to give it another go soon as I tend to love these games. It just needs to click for me and then I'm all good.

LtSarge

Black_Swordsman

Whittled it down and planning to make my next six games, in this order, to be the following;

Resident Evil 2 Remake (aim to plat)
Resident Evil 4 Gold Edition
Rise of the Ronin Digital Deluxe Edition
Lords of the Fallen (plan to plat)
Death Stranding: Director's Cut Digital Deluxe Edition
and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Planning to indulge myself in some more 'cinematic' action in addition all the Soulslike fare.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@FuriousMachine I was interested in Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden myself, how does it play? I heard it share some similarities with God of War but how would you rate it? If you've played it yet.

FuriousMachine

@Black_Swordsman Haven't gotten around to it yet, but it is high on my list. I pre-ordered it mainly to support Dontnod, as I am fan of theirs and I knew it was a game I would want to play at some point anyway. I just started The Witcher 3 last night and I'm considering Crisis Core after that, but Banishers may very well take the first "post-Witcher" spot. I fully expect to be busy with the Witcher for quite some time, though, so by the time the credits roll on that one I might have changed my mind again. I had originally planned to start Cyberpunk 2077, but having just finished the Witcher books I figured it would be fun to play the game while I still remembered most of the ancillary characters I expect might pop up in the game.
Whenever I look at my library there are so many games that just cries out to be played that it's not even funny. Still, Banishers, Crisis Core and Cyberpunk are all high on the list.

FuriousMachine

FuriousMachine

Looking at my earlier post re.: next purchases and backlog, I'm pleased to see that I've held relatively true to my tentative plans.
Next purchases is unchanged as it all comes down to what's on sale or not and there aren't that many new games coming in the near future that looks like day-one purchases for me (though that may change... I was looking hard at Stellar Blade, but after playing the demo I realized it was just not my type of game... a bit too soulslike for me).

I did finish both Last of Us Part II Remastered (though no platinum due to NG+ requirement... might chase that down later) and The Sexy Brutale (a fairly short, but very enjoyable platinum), so the only change from my backlog list was that The Witcher 3 subbed in for Cyberpunk 2077

I'd say a tentative list of next three games might be something like
The Witcher 3
Crisis Core
Banishers

The order may very well change, though. I may also sneak in some shorter games in between there as well.

FuriousMachine

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic