Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 441 to 460 of 699

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore There’s plenty that should be on that list that I’ve just forgotten about. I’m about 3 quarters through Tokyo Xanadu but the fact I forgot about it probably speaks a lot to how much of an impact it has made on me.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

xRetrox

Persona 5 and that's it! Somehow I haven't been able to finish the damn game after all these years... funny enough I had played 35 hours before I stopped playing it like an idiot

xRetrox

Th3solution

@xRetrox I can totally relate and if it’s any help — I just finished it within the last 2 weeks after having started it back in 2017! It’s funny because it took me several retries to finally get through to the end. I have trophies earned in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021 (Apparently I completely left it alone in 2020 😄). But I never started over and each time I was able to pick up where I left off without too much confusion. Especially if you’re a veteran of the series, it’s easy to pick up and play again without having to relearn controls and such.

Here’s hoping you can get through to the end. The middle drags a bit but the ending is very worth it, imo.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

xRetrox

@Th3solution well, time to start downloading it again I guess :v I wasn't feeling like jumping back in, but you've inspired me to finish it this time since we share the same experience, thanks bro!

xRetrox

Th3solution

@xRetrox No problem! I really enjoyed the characters and the social links. If the combat is giving you grief, don’t hesitate to just turn down the difficulty.
It’s a marathon, for sure, but a good one. You may want to mix in some other action-heavy games between play sessions if you start to feel it drag.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

bluedex

Currently playing: The Witcher 3

Next from the backlog:
RE remastered
Until Dawn
Rise of the Tomb Raider
RE4
Inside
Uncharted 4
HZD
RE7

Next 3 purchases:
Nier Automata
God of War
Shadow of the Colossus

bluedex

xRetrox

@Th3solution ah yes for sure mate, thanks for the advice! I remember bringing down the difficulty to easy like who am I gonna impress? I'm just trying to enjoy the game XD

xRetrox

Black_Swordsman

Nioh: Complete Edition added to the backlog. @colonelkilgore Have you played that? If you did, I bet you liked it!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman so I’ve only played Nioh so far (loved it), I have Nioh 2 on PS4 and The Nioh Collection on PS5 and am looking forward to all three of them (Nioh again and Nioh 2 twice). So far I have Nioh 2 (PS4) scheduled for next June (2022), and the two PS5 versions some time after. As there isn’t ‘that’ many souls-likes out there (not as many as I’d like anyway) I like to space them out and play two a year. This years two are Demon’s Souls Remake and Ashen, next years are Nioh 2 (PS4) and Chronos before the Ashes, the years after will be The Surge 2 and Nioh (PS5) etc.

Elden Ring will just slot right in anywhere, as and when it is released 😉.

edit. Probably worth mentioning a bit about Nioh too I reckon. Nioh (& Nioh 2 as I’ve heard it is as good if not better than the original) are the best non-FromSoft souls-likes out there... some people even prefer them. The combat is actually probably a little bit better (more options, though I prefer Bloodborne’s combat myself), while the level design, aesthetic, and build potential are less than souls to varying degrees. Still absolute top-tier gaming though and I loved the first so much I spent just under £100 on a collectors edition of the sequel at launch even though I wasn’t planning on playing it for a while.

At first you might think ‘yurgghh, not for me!’ but give it a fair crack and after 10 hours (of well over 100 hours if you want to plat it) and I have no doubt you will enjoy.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Ralizah

Well, of the three games I was hoping to finish by this month, I only completed Ys: The Oath in Felghana.

So far this year, I've purchased...

On PS4
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (bought at half-retail; $30)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (bought on sale for $10 or so)
Sakura Wars (bought at half-retail; $30)
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (bought on sale for $3 or so)
Trials of Mana (bought on sale for $20)

On Nintendo Switch
Gnosia (pre-ordered at full price, which was $25 or so)
Jenny LeClue: Detectivu (bought on sale for $3)
Monster Hunter Rise (pre-ordered at full price; $60)
Persona 5 Strikers (preordered at full price)
Piczle Lines DX Bundle (bought on sale for $5)
Raging Loop (bought on sale for $13)
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (technically full price, but I gained $60 in free eshop credit through a Walmart deal a few months back, so I'm counting this as free)
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (bought on sale for $12.50)
World End Syndrome (bought on sale for $10)

On 3DS
Etrian Mystery Dungeon (bought at the full retail price of $40)
Kokuga (bought at the full price of $15)
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (bought on sale for $20)

As for future purchases, I think these will broadly be my purchases through August, barring any surprise announcements or exceptionally good deals:

May
Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir and Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster on Nintendo Switch

July
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin on Nintendo Switch
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles on Nintendo Switch

I MAY also get World's End Club in May. The gameplay doesn't look exciting, but the pedigree behind it is impeccable, so I'll be waiting on reviews to make my decision.

I also MAY get Ys IX: Monstrum Nox in July, depending on how it performs.

Anyhow, the games I've beaten this year are:

Concrete Genie (PS4)
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (Switch)
Gnosia (Switch)
Monster Hunter Rise (Switch)
Puzzle Agent (PC)
Puzzle Agent 2 (PC)
Super Mario 3D World: Bowser's Fury (Switch)
Super Mario Galaxy HD (Switch)
Super Mario 3D World (Switch)
Tokyo Dark (PC)
The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine DLC (Switch)
Wizorb (PC)
Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP)

The next few backlogged games I'd like to tackle are:
Detective Grimoire (PC)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PC)
Ys Origin (Switch)

I'd also like to revisit Monster Hunter Stories on the 3DS before the sequel releases.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Black_Swordsman

Just Return of the Obra Dinn for me atm.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Kidfried

Playing right now:

• Hollow Knight (PS5)
  • Phoenix Wright Trilogy (Switch)
  • Disco Elysium (PS5)

Still need to finish:

• Horizon Zero Dawn Frozen Wilds (PS5)
  • Persona 5 Royal (PS5)
  • Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (Switch)
  • Mario 64 (Switch) * this one is optional for me, I'd like to get all stars as I've never achieved that, but I've also kind of seen what I want from the game already
  • Returnal (PS5) _* this is going to be a difficult one, because I hit a wall _

Queue:

• Spyro 2 (PS5)
  • Ratchet & Clank: A Rift in Time (PS5)
  • Kena (PS5)

Most wanted:

• Death Stranding Director's Cut (PS5)
  • WarioWare: Get It Together (Switch)
  • Deathloop (PS5)

Kidfried

Th3solution

Here’s an update on my situation:

>>>>Previously working through -
PS4
Hitman - didn’t quite make it to the end, enjoyed my time. Maybe I’ll return but it’s effectively been placed into hibernation
The Outer Worlds - also ran out of momentum and never made much progress. Another one I’ll probably return to… maybe.
PS5
Control - done and platinum
Returnal - started
Vita
Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight - nope. Keep forgetting about this.
>>>>Planned Purchases
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - not yet
Demon’s Souls - not yet
Spider-Man: Miles Morales - not yet

——————

>>>>Current projects -
PS5
Returnal - quickly become my main game
A Plague Tale - part way through and plan to shift to the PS5 version to finish it
PS4
13 Sentinels - only a few hours into it. Expect it to be a slow burn, seems the type of game I can possibly hop in and out between main games.

>>>>Planned Purchases
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - not yet
Demon’s Souls - not yet
Spider-Man: Miles Morales - not yet
(Yes these are copy and paste from last month… I honestly have a hefty number of games and have slowed my purchasing of late. Prices are starting to drop slowly so I might bite on one of these by next month)

Voltan

I wonder if I could get the Control plat now... 2 years ago I gave up on that last optional boss after a couple dozen tries

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Oh man, I think you probably can. Given that you waltzed through Returnal pretty deftly, I bet if you go back to Control you’ll find it a lot easier. Of course depending on how long it’s been, your muscle memory will be out of sync for a little while until you reacclimate.
Are you referring to the big one-eyed worm boss Former? Or the final confrontation with Mr. Tomassi the floating guy? Or Mold-1, or Essej the doppelgänger fight, or the Anchor?

Edited on by Th3solution

Voltan

@Th3solution I mean Mr. Tomassi and his big room full of annoying hiss-people, including the big invisible guy It was hard AF for me. I did everything else (in the base game, this was before any DLC) but couldn't do that. I wonder if maybe they made it a little easier with some updates?
Anyways, I want to replay the game in Ultimate Edition (as I'm interested in the DLC) but I'll be starting from scratch so the muscle memory shouldn't be a problem

Voltan

TraCuz-

Playing right now:

Final Fantasy XIV (PS5)
Apex Legends

Still need to finish:
(FFXIV completely sidelined all these games)

Persona 5 Royal
Ratchet & Clank
Returnal
Doom Eternal
DBZ: Kakarot

Queue:

FF7 Intergrade (Hard playthrough)
DMC5 SE
FFVI
FFIX

Most wanted:

Battlefield 2042
Tales of Arise
Horizon Forbidden West
Demon Slayer
Kena Bridge of Spirits
Back 4 Blood
Riders Republic

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

nessisonett

Oof this is gonna be painful

Playing right now

Ace Attorney (DS)
Shining in the Darkness (Mega Drive)
Pretty much nothing/wandering around in Skyrim and a couple of games of Overwatch here and there (PS5)
Mario & Rabbids (Switch)

Games I really need to finish
The Lion King (Mega Drive via Satan)
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey DLC (PS5)
Overboard! (Switch)
Xenoblade Chronicles (Switch)
Crash 4 (PS5)

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic