Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 461 to 480 of 700

Kidfried

@nessisonett That Lion King game is a true classic. Some of its levels are truly memorable, other levels are memorable, but also very horrible! Did you play the Aladdin game to?

ALSO! How is Overboard?

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried I have Aladdin in a box waiting for me but I decided to play The Lion King first. It’s the Mega Drive version too but I heard that the SNES version’s totally different unlike The Lion King! And yeah, Overboard is really really good but I just haven’t touched the Switch in a few days and I’ve weirdly got into Mario & Rabbids despite bouncing off it years ago! Overboard is one of the funniest games I’ve played in a while, the humour’s dead on and it’s great fun playing as someone who’s seemingly a sociopath.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

@nessisonett I played both of those, but there were many years in between my playthroughs. What I remember is that the SNES/PC version looked prettier, and the Mega Drive just played way better. Whether there are differences between the levels, I wouldn't be able to tell!

Adn Mario + Rabbids is a joy to play. Really enjoyed playing that game on the go, I took it everywhere. I hope the sequel will be any good. And I'll try to remember to buy Overboard at some point. But currently I'm playing Phoenix Wright, so I'm kind of set in the visual novel department for now.

Kidfried

mookysam

Haven't updated this in an awfully long time.

OLD LIST

Playing in the before time

• Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Finished and platinumed, yay! Still have the DLC though.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - Another completion. A bit of a miserable experience on the Vita, thanks to horrendous performance issues. I didn't like how pervy and anime this was compared to Trails in the Sky.
  • Super Mario Sunshine - Another completion!

The backlog that was

• Persona 5 Royal - Finished and platinumed. It took four months, and is the main reason why I've played so little this year.
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales - Started this, but then got into Persona 5 Royal instead.

Old to-buy

• Persona 5 Strikers
  • Hitman III
  • Disco Elysium

I bought all of the above and haven't started a single one of them. 😂

<u>NEW LIST[/u]

Currently Playing

• Nier Replicant ver. lots of numbers - Nearly finished my first run, then a load more replays to get all the endings. I like it a lot though.
  • Ys Origin - Finished playing as the first character. The combat is so fast and fun!

Games I shall yank out the backlog

• Mass Effect 2 Legendary Edition - Finished the first, and so after a little break from the trilogy am looking forward to starting this and seeing how it compares to the memory of my initial playthrough.
  • Persona 5 Strikers - Now I've finished Royal, I'm ready to start this.
  • Fire Emblem Awakening - Never played a Fire Emblem properly before, and haven't played many TRPGs, so am looking forward to getting into this.
  • Ratchet & Clank: Nexus - I'd hoped to get up to date with the series before Rift Apart was released, but that's okay.

Things to throw moolah at

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - I wasn't going to buy this, but there's a rather sexy steelbook, causing my iron will to crumble.
  • Deathloop - Looks awesome, although I'm pleased it got delayed as it's given me time to play the aforementioned.
  • Metroid Dread - So excited for this! It'll be glorious to play a brand new 2D Metroid after such a long hiatus.
  • Shin Megami Tensei V - Yeah, my SMT backlog is rather gargantuan, but I want to support the developer and get the nice special edition, so there.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

Oof! I haven't been playing anything I've wanted to dig into lately.

I think heaping sessions of Persona 5 Royal, Monster Hunter Rise, and SMT III: Nocturne HD Remaster pretty much back-to-back was getting to be a bit too much for me. A breaker tripped in my brain at some point, and I just haven't been playing any big games for a while.

So, I think I'll approach my goals differently now:

Games I either need to finish or play further into:

• Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition: That really is a hell of a title, isn't it? This one might seem weird to list, since I beat the main story back in 2019 and never returned to do the post-game stuff. With that said, this wouldn't be the first game I dropped and then persisted with years later. Persisted how, if I beat the main story, you might ask? Well, there's apparently more main story content in the post-game, and I haven't seen it.
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Completed all of the 2.0 update stuff, but never went back to complete the patched in final story boss or the last bunch of monsters. So I've pretty much been off of this for more than a month.
  • Ring Fit Adventure: Fell off of this more than a year ago. Extremely fun game, but it's exercise, and I'm lazy. That needs to change.
  • SMT III: Nocturne HD Remaster: Dropped this a few weeks back in my return visit to Yoyogi Park.

Queued/backlogged games I'd like to play, or at least start:

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim: Heard a lot of good things about this, and I really do need to play on my PS4 more.
  • Detective Grimoire: Yep, listing this again. It's not a long game, and I love the style of it, so I really need to just start playing it soon.
  • Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny: Just split the cost of this with a family member, so I'd like to at least start it.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC: If I'm ever going to catch up with this gargantuan epic, I need to just start playing this.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword or Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: One or the other, although Zelda seems more likely, given Metroid Dread will be feeding my Metroid fix in a few months, and I'll be able to join in on the Skyward Sword talk online without paying a dime, since I already own the cheapy digital Wii version. I really, really need to play my Wii U, mainly. The poor thing has sat untouched for more than a year now.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: At least start it. I picked this up at launch and somehow never actually bothered playing it. Bleh.

Purchases-wise, I'm still planning on picking up MH Stories 2, and Ace Attorney Chronicles is already pre-ordered, so... yeah.

@nessisonett Unpopular opinion, but Mario + Rabbids is my favorite XCOM game. I liked it a LOT more than Enemy Unknown/Within. Really dig the overworld puzzles, secrets, and the focus on dynamic movement options. Not sure I'm immediately enthused with the idea of them removing grid-based movement completely in the sequel, but given how good the last game was, I'm going to assume they know what they're doing.

@Kidfried How far into the first AA game are you?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Voltan Yeah, I struggled there too. I finally found a way to cheese the fight a little bit. If you want advice I’ll give you how I beat him:
If you can quickly make it up to the rafters then you can make the fight really easy. So try to bolt up there as soon as you can, it’s not that hard to get to as I recall with using levitation. In fact, I might be misremembering this but there might be a hidden chest up there anyways like it’s an intentional secret area. Once there above the room, all the action mostly stays below you. I just camped out on one of the two long ledges on either side of the room. There is a beam down the center if you want to get adventurous and go across and shoot from up there, but you should be fine staying on the side ledge. Even Tomassi for the most part stays below or just at your level since he can’t float much higher in the room. although he can still hit you, you can more easily dodge when you aren’t being swarmed by his cronies constantly. A few of the enemies can make their way up there to get to you but they will be funneled down the ledge from one direction and easily picked off from a distance. Even the invisible guy can be easily killed. And the big brute guys with circling rock shields just stay down on the floor below and you just fire relentlessly with the grenade launcher down on top of them. It was a piece of cake when I figured that out. When I tried playing fair on the ground, I had tried taking cover in the overhang in the corner where I couldn’t be flanked but even then you eventually get overpowered. It turns one of the harder bosses into a joke.

The DLC bosses were the hardest actually. Both pushed me to my limit and were much harder to strategize or exploit and weakness in the game for. But I have a few tricks for them if you need them later. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

Previous Backlog:
Hitman III (yeah, you don't "complete" Hitman III, but I finished its story)
Mafia: Definitive Edition (not yet, but it can wait)
Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales NG+ Playthroughs (yep and yep)
Star Trek: Legacy (nope, and it's being reshuffled, as well)

The release of the Mass Effect remasters caused a sizeable impact crater in my schedule, as I wasn't entirely certain whether I'd play them right away but then, of course, played them right away. Got them all squared away after surrendering to the inevitable.

Also managed to squeeze in a pair of Star Wars: The Clone Wars games on PC, as well as one on NDS, and Headhunter on PS2. Am currently nearing the end of Shenmue II.

Current Backlog:
Shenmue II
Conflict: Desert Storm II
inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
Mafia: Definitive Edition

Upcoming Purchases:
Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Sonic Colours Ultimate

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Old backlog

FF7 - get characters to level 50 - failed
Dreams - make a PT jam tune - success
Sackboy - Mop up a couple of trophies - success

New Backlog

Platinum Godfall
Finish The presidium in ME1
Make sure my Wreckfest PS4 save gets ported to the PS5

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

@Ralizah By the way! I'm somewhere in chapter 3. Not very far yet, but it's my bedtime game!

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Ah, Turnabout Samurai.

Well, the good thing is that once you're out of Case 3, you'll be able to play Cases 4 and 5, which are two of the most iconic ones in the entire series.

nessisonett

@Kidfried @Ralizah I’m actually also on Turnabout Samurai! Albeit for like the millionth time. It’s an interesting one in that it doesn’t have much to do with the overarching plot but laid the foundations for every single Case 3 for the rest of the series. Which might mean you loathe it or appreciate it 😂

Ralizah

@nessisonett Apollo Justice was interesting in terms of how it flipped expectations about the cases in these games upside down. Traditionally, Case 1 is a crappy tutorial, Case 3 is pure filler, and the final case blows everything else in the game away.

Instead, in that game, Case 1 is arguably the strongest in the entire game, Case 3 is pretty important to Apollo's backstory, and the final case is the worst one in the entire game.

Unpopular opinion, though: I like Turnabout Big Top more than Turnabout Samurai.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Big Top’s just unforgivable though! That bloody puppet is a blight on an otherwise incredible trilogy. I actually don’t mind Moe but the rest of that case is awful. Samurai gets points in my book for introducing Oldbag and Will Powers, whereas Big Top’s characters aren’t as interesting. Although I’ll say this, Investigations 2 slightly redeems certain characters from that case.

Kidfried

@nessisonett @Ralizah So far I'm a bit letdown still. It's hard not to compare the game to Danganronpa. The second case was in my opinion was worse than any Danganronpa case.

The bellboy witness establishes Red's secretary was alone in her room during the murder, but somehow we have to hear a witness saying I was in the room where it happened. And to make matters worse I can't even ask them for proof.

Concluding they admit their crime out of nowhere, without me actually having any (gameplay) part of it, which is just a waste, because wasn't this what the game was about? Felt really lackluster.

And that's even without the fact that the clock/statue thing made me repeat the exact same beats again as the previous case.

This third case so far sounds at least more interesting!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Ralizah

@nessisonett Will Powers is so boring, although I'll give kudos for Oldbag, who I think is an absolutely iconic character.

I didn't mind the puppet guy at all. Reminds me of Scarface from Batman, actually.

In general, I liked the sort of depressing deconstruction of the circus it offered. Half the people are bitter or seem mentally ill, and things are constantly tense because several people are interested in the same ditzy girl. The clown is hilarious precisely because he's a terrible comedian and is constantly made aware of it. Galactica being some sort of down home bumpkin was also a nice touch. I also thought the general mystery was fairly more interesting than Turnabout Samurai. And, if you really want to talk a character being a stain on the trilogy, I'll hasten to remind you of the existence of Sal Manella.

@Kidfried Leaving aside AA1's tutorial case, which is just... nothing... DR1's tutorial case will always take the "worst mystery award" for me. 11037 indeed!

There isn't much to the mystery of Turnabout Sisters, but I'll always have a soft spot for it for the shocking way it begins, and for the fact it introduces one of the best characters (Maya) to the franchise.

But the first game is truly saved by its last two trials.

Edited on by Ralizah

straw-hat-crew

I recently finished Persona 5 Strikers now need to jump into something else as my main game on the PS4
Here are some games from the backlog:
>Days Gone
>Ni No Kuni II
>DBZ Kakarot
>Batman Arkham Knight
>Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise

Be Kind and Support Each Other.

colonelkilgore

@strawhatcrew was really looking forward to playing DBZ: Kakarot but after around 10 hours, it just didn’t grip me. Will return to it to get the plat one day though.

**** DLC!

johncalmc

I spent a ridiculous amount of time creating an entirely unimpressive spreadsheet for my gaming backlog. I took every game that I own digitally and physically, and then made a big list of them all, and then removed all of the games that I haven't played but no longer have hardware for so I can't play even if I wanted to - i.e. some Wii and Wii U games, a few PS2 games. Then I removed all the games that I just know, deep down, I'm never going to play - i.e. Destiny 2, which I own physically and digitally, and now it's free to play, and never once have I considered starting it. Never gonna happen. No point including it.

My current backlog stands at over 200 games. The spreadsheet has them categorised by type - types include easy platinums, games I can just autopilot while I listen to music or podcasts, difficult games, long games, short games, and games I think I need to be in a real specific mood for. Then I'm thinking of working through it all in some sort of order. Or no sort of order. I don't know. Not sure how to proceed with the list now I've made it. But I'm glad I did because it reminded me of things I really need to get around to playing etc.

I'm wondering if I should do something with jazzy colours. Maybe print it out and stick it on the fridge and put a gold star next to every game I finish. Go all out and improve the spreadsheet and score every game I play for some reason. Or just use it as a gentle reminder that I should really get around to finishing the Kingdom Hearts series at some point. Maybe just have a ceremonial burning of the list and give up on the backlog entirely.

It's overwhelming.

johncalmc

Twitter:

RogerRoger

Previous Backlog:
Shenmue II (yep, all done and dusted)
Conflict: Desert Storm II (also yep, thank goodness)
inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood (triple yep)
Mafia: Definitive Edition (and that's a full house!)

Well, I guess I must've found my gaming groove this past month. In addition to the above, I've collected a couple of platinum trophies from some half-completed Naruto games on PS4, polished off a PSP one from start to finish, and learned the ropes on a new "as-and-when" online multiplayer brawler.

Also got through Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered and Psychonauts on PS4, The Simpsons: Hit & Run on PS2, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes on NDS.

Current Backlog:
Ace Combat 5: Squadron Leader (PS4)
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (PS3)
Headhunter: Redemption (PS2)
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PSone)

Upcoming Purchases:
Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut (PS5)
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS5)
Sonic Colours Ultimate (PS4)

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic