Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 341 to 360 of 699

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett It looks like a great game, do you think you'll play it? I just got the platinum for My Name Is Mayo by the way, easiest plat on the PS4 apparently, according to games journalists. Have you heard of that one? I just found them both on a subreddit.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, I’ve heard of My Name of Mayo but I haven’t played it yet. I’m pretty much tied to what’s on PS Now or PS+ at the minute due to funds so I’ll have a look.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

@Draco_V_Ecliptic My name is mayo is actually OK for a time waster. I would give it a recommend for trying a tongue in cheek approach to the button masher. The trophy list is obviously easy, and the pops are regular. Worth a quid for sure!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Black_Swordsman

@themcnoisy Yeah I was glad I picked it up, easy platinum for sure. What games are in your backlog at the moment then?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett as @themcnoisy says it's only a quid, so shouldn't take much of your time or money to plat, let me know what you think, if you get it. What's in your ps plus/now backlog atm then?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Right now I’m going through Bioshock and then I have The Evil Within 2, Watch Dogs 2 and I’ll probably go onto either Sleeping Dogs or Resonance of Fate. I’ve got a fair few games to get through before PS5 gets here!

themcnoisy

@nessisonett @Draco_V_Ecliptic I have just finished playing Watch Dogs 2. It's not great but like most of Ubisoft output it's serviceable. The puzzle elements are more annoying than fun and the game just doesn't do anything above good... Other than the clothes, damn Ubi are great at clothes.

Driving - alright but the cars dont feel weighty
Shooting - alright but the AI is terrible
Drones - alright but used too much
Platforming - alright but there's too many missed context sensitive jumps
Puzzles - alright but wear thin quickly
Hacking - good but there's way too much going on and you regularly just press whatever you point at next
UI - good but there isn't any stats tracking, loading takes forever and there are weird pauses when you finish missions
Map - alright but It feels empty and bland although there's a lot to do, I can't put my finger on why it's so boring. I fast travel everywhere
Characters - alright your autistic chum is done well, everyone else is OK I suppose. No one annoys me.
Racing - Alright but if it was a stand alone racing game it would get 3/10.

The whole package is more than the sum of its parts and can be a good time waster. Ubisoft obviously went for the younger crowd with this one and it has a GTA vibe - without advancing the sandbox genre in any way. I'm not playing for the story, in fact I don't really know what's going on - more so the regular pings from the Trophies.

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Hmm, I literally just put it onto download since it’s free on Now and it should bulk out the rest of my week since I’ve put down Bioshock for now. I guess comfort food can be fun though, I really don’t play many Ubisoft games and this should be somehow something different for me despite it being the most generic game on the planet.

Ralizah

Bit late on the update here, but I completed all but one of the games on my list by the 1st of September.

DOOM 3 + Resurrection of Evil DLC (PC)
Erica (PS4)
Astral Chain (Switch)
Catherine: Full Body (Switch)
Paper Mario: The Origami King (Switch)

Poor Astral Chain got lost in the fray, unfortunately.

Anyway, new goal. By November 10th, I'd like to beat the following:

• DOOM 2016 (PC)
  • A Hat in Time (PC)
  • Resident Evil 2 (Claire route)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
  • Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC)

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah We’ve got Resi 2 coming up after DOOM in Game Club so you could do your Claire playthrough then? I’m planning on Hardcore Leon B, I’ve done normal Leon A and Hardcore Claire B so this would be me properly done with the game!

Anti-Matter

My PS4 backlogs :
1. Autobahn Police Simulator 2
2. Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles
3. Secret of Mana
4. FF XII TZA
5. Override Mech City Brawl
6. Stranded Sails
7. The Sims 4 Island Living Bundle

I haven't touched my PS4 since 2 months ago due to my hype on ACNH.

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@Anti-Matter Not gonna lie, I’m somewhat confused how FFXII meets your requirements but VII doesn’t when Fran exists!

Ralizah

@nessisonett Yeah, my plan is to do DOOM and Resi as part of the Game Club playthrough.

How difficult is hardcore mode?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah It’s about as hard as classic Resi games but makes Mr X a much much bigger threat. Suddenly losing all progress between save rooms makes the game a lot more tense. I enjoyed it despite getting myself into a death loop for a couple of months.

Anti-Matter

@nessisonett
Fran was sexy but still not disturbing.
FF XII TZA was great in gameplay but very boring in storyline, not gonna lie.
FF XII has 13 Zodiac Espers, cool features but i felt disgust to see my Scorpio zodiac sign as Cucuhlainn, that hideous toxic chubby Esper. 😓
Mateus (Pisces Esper) was the coolest looking Esper in term of character design and i like Ice Esper.

I banned FF VII R for swearing words, too realistic FF XV graphic style and too many side stories (FF VII AC, Dirge of Cereberus, Crisis Core, Before Crisis) that ruined the whole FF VII itself. I lost my interest with FF VII completely.

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@Anti-Matter No idea why Cú Chulainn looks like that in FFXII. In Irish mythology he’s a demigod that was a bit of a nutter. So like most demigods from folklore around the world.

Th3solution

>>>Old Backlog:
-Death Stranding - Done
-Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Started and stalled, not sure I’ll return
-Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Never started
>>>Vita:
-Trails of Cold Steel - Minimal progress
>>>Planned Purchases:
-Ghost of Tsushima - Purchased
-Dreams - Purchased
-Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

— — — — —

>>>Current Backlog
-Ghost of Tsushima - plan to finish within the next week or two
-Dreams - this will be an ongoing game that never “finishes” but I want to dump some time into it over the next few weeks off and on.
And these two with Game Club over the next couple months:
-DOOM (2016)
-Resident Evil 2 Remake
>>>Vita
-Danganronpa V3
>>>Planned Purchases
-Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (actually, I’m not sure about this yet, probably will get it eventually)
-Disco Elysium
-Marvel’s Avengers (only for a steep sale price)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

mookysam

It’s been a rather long time since I updated this.

Old List!

Games that were being played at some point in the recent past!

• Final Fantasy VII Remake - Platinumed and finished, yay me!
  • Persona 4: Dancing All Night - Another Platinum. Gosh I’m on a roll here!
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Basically got a bit burnt out on this. I’ll return once there’s enough new content.
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD - Finished the story, but no Platinum because it’s bloody difficult and time consuming.

The Backlog That Was

• Batman: Arkham City Origins - Finished!
  • Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - Remains in the backlog. For how long? We’ll see.
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution - Another game I haven’t yet touched.
  • Persona 5 Royal - The plan is to now play this before the year is out. May as well end 2020 with something glorious.

It’s been an odd few months, which is why I didn’t tackle the backlog as planned. I’ve got my handheld backlog down slightly and got distracted by a few Ratchet & Clank games, which I liked. I’m now edging closer to being up to date with Ratchet! Woohoo!

Previously on mookysam’s Most Wanted

• Xenoblade Chronicles - I did buy this but am honestly not in the mode to touch it.
  • Ghost of Tsushima - So very tempted to buy this as it looks absolutely gorgeous. I’ve managed to resist so far and will whittle the backlog down a bit more.
  • Assassin's Creed: Viking Bloodlust - Ubisoft can do one.

———

New List!

Currently Playing

• Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Around 2/3 of the way through.
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - Currently working through more Persona spin-offs before playing Royal.
  • Hollow Knight
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - The plan was to play TiTS (yes, I used that acronym and yes, I giggled) the 3rd, but I didn’t want to hold off any longer.

Backlog

• Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - My mission to get up to date with Ratchet continues.
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - Soon Lara, soon.
  • Ys Origin - Another series I’m aiming to get up to date with. I recently completed Ys I & II so shall start this after Cold Steel.

Most Wanted

• 13 Sentinels - Preordered.
  • Super Mario 3D All Stars - Yes, it’s a rip-off, but I love the games.
  • Hyrule Warriors: The Champions All Die at the End - Not sure whether to preorder this or wait until Christmas.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

themcnoisy

Old Backlog

Cities Skylines - Build the Eden project monument and finish my current mega city. completed

Watch Dogs 2 - Start it up completed

F1 2019 - Start it up completed

New Backlog

Dreams - Make some more music

Dead Cells - Finish the game

God of War - Finish the game

MaulTsir

Current back log
FF XV - Currently playing
Nier Automata - Up next
Nino Kuni 2
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
The Last Of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Days Gone
Death Stranding
Bloodborne
Jedi Fallen Order
Assasins Creed Oddesy
Doom Eternal
Dragob Quest
Final Fantasy Remake

I'm going to do most of these on the PS5 and no doubt the list will keep growing along with the new ps5 games

MaulTsir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic