Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 321 to 340 of 699

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Did you ever get round to Spider-Man 3’s tie-in game? I had it on PS2 and thankfully it had barely anything to do with the movie but I remember it being legitimately good and I sunk quite a few hours into it back in the day.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Alas, no. I deliberately avoided open-world sandbox Spidey games, as I'd come fresh from the PS4 game and thought nothing would be able to compare. It meant I played a lot of different styles of game, which was awesome, but someday I will check out Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (on proper console, not handheld; made that mistake already).

Thanks for the recommendation, as there's a Spider-Man 3 on both PS2 and PS3 and I've heard bad things about the latter. Knowing which version to get helps!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Old Backlog

CoD WW2 - Finish the campaign and snag a Zombies trophy. finished the campaign. Borked at the multiplayer install size.

Battle vs Chess - Finish both the Order and Chaos campaigns success

Pro Evo 19 - Start a master league season and whittle down 40% of the trophy list success

New Backlog

Streets of Rage 4 - Finish the game with new Axel, strangely I've done all the other character Trophies but still have new Axel to finish.

Horizon Chase Turbo - 100% South Africa and another couple of trophies

Rocket League - Max out the 5th Anniversary goodies

To buy

The Walking dead the last chapter - PS4 - Waiting for sale
Ghost of Tsushima - Waiting for release

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I actually already finished the main game's story mode. Now just trying to complete all the hidden and extra challenges. Still two more ultimate challenges to go, before I will buy the DLC.

I really like it. I didn't care for the story, characters or world building in any way. But the gameplay was really nice. I think the game succeeds in being to XCOM, what Mario RPG was to Final Fantasy. A light and easy to digest game, without losing depth.

The more you progress the more some cracks and balancing issues begin to show, but the game is just long enough for that to never become a problem, which is perfect.

If you were burned out on the formula a bit sooner than I was, I can understand that too. I wouldn't encourage you to really push for the story (although there is a nice little twist at the end!), or hope the gameplay changes up further on, because it doesn't. As long as you had fun while playing it, that's fine too.

You want to know some more thoughts? Frankly I don't know if there is anymore to say about this little game!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Always worth another watch, that clip!

@Kidfried That's actually perfect, thank you, because it was a degree of gameplay burnout which made me walk away from it. Don't get me wrong, the story is cute and silly and enjoyable in its short-burst cutscenes, but it wasn't enough to drag me through battle after battle; definitely a game designed to be played little and often, rather than in consecutive lengthy sessions over a single weekend.

Knowing that there's a twist at the end will get me back on it someday, but at least I'm not kicking myself for judging the overall package too harshly. Glad you liked it; I hope you can say the same about the DLC!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Old Backlog

Streets of Rage 4 - Finish the game with new Axel, strangely I've done all the other character Trophies but still have new Axel to finish. - completed

Horizon Chase Turbo - 100% South Africa and another couple of Trophies completed

Rocket League - Max out the 5th Anniversary goodies completed

New Backlog

Cities Skylines - Build the Eden project monument and finish my current mega city.

Watch Dogs 2 - Start it up

F1 2019 - Start it up

Since my last post I now have a 12 month sub to ps now. So rather than buy some of the awesome games of 2020 now, I'm going to hold out until my holidays in October when I will have more time to enjoy them. Hopefully at a bargain price!

It's a really weird time, all work and the kids are off so I have hardly any time to game. That will change towards the back end of the year once things return to a relative normality.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Black_Swordsman

I really want to get Conan Exiles and Metal Gear Survive on PS4. Arguably two great survival games.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

Do you have ps plus? Conan Exiles was on it a couple of years back. I wouldn't class Metal Gear Survive great by any means, but it should be cheap as chips these days.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder I have PS Plus, but Conan is showing up there for £44.99 .I won't get Metal Gear Survive then.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Just out of interest what made you call Metal Gear Survive great? I mean you may like it, but it did review pretty badly. Conan is coming up as free for me. There are a few different versions though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Does it depend on how long you have been a member for? 'Cause I only signed up around December of last year.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Ah yes it was on way before then. You only get the games since you've been signed upto to the service.

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Fair enough. Also, I am aware that this is a family-friendly website, but would it be ok to talk about certain dating sims on here? (As I have one in my backlog that I wanted to play as I couldn't find anything else that seemed unusual and interesting game-wise.)

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I'm pretty sure that is OK, but might be best to either take a look at the rules or ask one of the mods. As long as you are not discussing anything illegal or something like that, you should be fine.

Ralizah

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Sorry to butt in, but why wouldn't it be OK to discuss a dating sim?

Don't go into graphic detail about sex scenes and you'll be fine.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Yeah, I’m somewhat worried as to the extent of this dating sim. And this is coming from somebody who changed system locale to Japanese in order to play Dramatical Murder at the age of like 14. The game with scenes involving a robot lion and cake frosting. Bloody Nitroplus.

Black_Swordsman

@Ralizah @JohnnyShouler @nessisonett The game is called Mr. Massagy, and it involves dating women using a Tinder-esque app, there are apparently, as the name would suggest, some 'massage' elements, and it's from the makers of My Name Is Mayo, which I'm currently playing on PS4. As I said before, I was looking for something unusual, and it seems like an amusing game at first glance, I really enjoyed Catherine: Full Body, so hopefully it will be more of the same, just minus the puzzle stuff. I talked about My Name Is Mayo in What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing, if anyone would care to discuss that with me there.

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic It looks like a strange cross between Muscle March, Hatoful Boyfriend and Project Rub. I can’t believe I’ve never heard of this game before.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic