Forums

Topic: No Mans Sky

Posts 201 to 220 of 274

LieutenantFatman

I noticed a lot of people are accusing Sean Murray of being another Randy Pitchford and just being an outright liar. Promising all sorts of content, much of which was shown in trailers and which simply wasn't present in the final product.

I haven't played it so can't comment but there seems to be a lot of evidence to support the accusation.
Here is a pretty good list someone put together:

What do people think? Harsh to compare it to the controversy of Aliens Colonial Marines, or is it in the same league?

LieutenantFatman

johncalmc

@Kidfried: It depends what the updates would be. They'd have to be massive though.

It's not that I didn't enjoy the game, because I did. To a point. But after so many hours of play, and to still have no end in sight or even any idea how far from the end I am, I've just got better things to do. It's a case of the game being far too big with far too little to do in it to sustain thirty hours plus of play.

johncalmc

Twitter:

BodyW-outOrgans

So.... Just my two cents - at the end of the day I put about 10 hours into the game, and in no way feel compelled to do much more with it. So much so in fact, that I will be trading it in this week - less than two weeks since I got it. The initial impact of the game is wondrous, no doubt. But the flavor of this gum faded fast, and it's time to spit it out. ... For those who stick with it, and I sincerely mean this, I commend you - I'm just not that patient and hopeful.

BodyW-outOrgans

PSN: BodyWithoutOrgan

BAMozzy

@LieutenantFatman: That comparison (Alien Colonial Marines) and the lies are highlighted in the Angry Joe review of this. He does make a very compelling argument about it - especially as he uses actual video of Sean Murrays comments before launch as well as video footage that was 'used' to promote the game that no longer appears in the finished product...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

RPE83

@LieutenantFatman:
Ironically, the last two games I pre-ordered, maybe the last two I ever do!
I feel that NMS suffers from "over ambition" from a small team who got carried away with possibilities (More Molyneaux-esque), whereas the Aliens : CM really felt like a "bang it out as cheaply as possible to rabid fans who will eat it up to fund more borderlands, ha ha suckers". I see the parrallels, but i just feel the intention was different.

RPE83

LieutenantFatman

@RPE83: I see your point. Sean does seem like a nice guy. But I think the challenge does need to be made regardless. To show things in videos and state various possibilities and then cut that out of the game without clearly communicating that has happened is very poor behaviour to put it nicely.

@BAMozzy Good to know someone well known has brought attention to it. We shouldn't pretend that this is all fine and that it's perfectly acceptable to mislead customers.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Mega-Gazz

I'm now at the stage in the game where there are about 163,000 light years to the core, and I only have to stop for fuel, and not very often. Each jump takes you about 400 light years closer, or a black hole 1500 (which breaks something on your ship). So yea, gameplay now is basically waiting for the yellow hyperspace animation or the black hole animation.

To be clear, I still give the game top marks, and since I've put well over 40 hours into it I certainly would say I got my money's worth. But the distance to the centre is somewhat silly.

Mega-Gazz

johncalmc

How do you find out how far from the core you are? I've done over 120 jumps and I haven't reached it yet. If I found out that it was like just around the corner then I might go back in and finish it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Quintumply

@johncalmc: When you open the galactic map, it tells you in that stat box how far from the centre your current star system is. It's a ludicrous distance, though.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Shellcore

Enjoying the game to an extent, although monotony is setting in. I think we are overdue a statement from Hello Games on this. I honestly feel a little sick thinking about it while playing. Not so much because I personally feel aggrieved by this, but listening to the "epic" soundtrack whilst stirring together some rocks to make warp cells ad infinitum is starting to let Sean's "sell in" just annoy me.

PSN: Aleks-UK

johncalmc

@Quintumply: I'm going to have to load this up again tonight just to check. I've played the game for like forty hours and never once seen that stat.

johncalmc

Twitter:

ApostateMage

To be fair, the patches are working. In the last two days i've only had it crash twice. I know that this is still unacceptable but at least the HG team are busy trying to fix it.

Two trophies away from a plat, both for warping.

ApostateMage

johncalmc

I just checked how far I am from the centre.

174,638.6 light years. After thirty hours, finishing the Atlas path, and being a couple of trophies off the platinum.

I'm done.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Octane

Looks like the game is living up to its name; The PC version of NMS lost about 90% of the active players in the last week or so. Even Pokémon Go managed to stay longer relevant than NMS. The biggest hype bubble of the year has bursted it seems.

http://puu.sh/qMIxP/01c2087717.jpg

Octane

Mega-Gazz

johncalmc wrote:

174,638.6 light years. After thirty hours, finishing the Atlas path, and being a couple of trophies off the platinum.

I'm done.

I feel similarly, but will probably finish the trek to the centre while I watch the last season of Korra.

Mega-Gazz

Fight_Teza_Fight

I too am making my way to the centre now after attaining all warp reactor upgrades and then I'm done. Fully maxed out all milestones apart from warping, so en route to the centre I should get the platinum quiet easily.

I don't know if this is an actual mechanic but pinning a formula might increase the likelihood of a resource being present on a planet. After an hour of trying to obtain iridium from asteroids, I pinned a formula where all I was missing was iridium flew down to a planet and voila a bunch of archways (iridium). This was also the case when I pinned Gold and Chrysonite formulas. MIght be something or just pure luck.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

johncalmc

Mega-Gazz wrote:

johncalmc wrote:

I'm done.

I feel similarly, but will probably finish the trek to the centre while I watch the last season of Korra.

I might go back to it and binge watch a show at the same time or something, but I've got bigger fish to fry right now. Like literally anything else.

johncalmc

Twitter:

andreoni79

Hi guys, as a sci-fi fan I'm very tempted by this game but I was waiting for the bugs and crashes to be fixed.
I'd like to know how the game runs now and if the base-building option have been added. Thanks!

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.