Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter World PS4

Posts 181 to 200 of 393

Pud80

@matroska thanks for the info, it's all becoming a lot clearer now lol like I said this is my first monster hunter game, I'm a total noob but getting better at this. I love this game so far its what I've been waiting for even stopped assassin creed origins to start this. I'll go back to that later lol..

PSN: MCFC80pud

ShogunRok

@Hego @FoxyGlen I couldn't actually make a clan due to that annoying glitch. I haven't checked since the latest patch...

Anyway, @AlexStinton has made the Push Square clan I believe.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

AlexStinton

@ShogunRok @Hego @FoxyGlen @WanderingBullet - Indeed I have. It's a royal pain in the behind to get people into it though. First of all I need to invite you into an online session so I can invite you into the squad. The trouble is I can only do this if you're on my friends list.

So... If anyone wants in, send me a friend request - my PSN ID is Aphex666 - and we'll start jumping through the hoops. Make sure you tell me in the friend request that you want to join the squad.

Also, be aware that it's hit and miss whether you can join the squad, as the same problem that stops people creating them also stopping people joining them to.

In short the online functionality in Monster Hunter is jacked.

Push Square reviewer

PSN: Aphex666 | Twitter:

Splat

I really hope the Aloy set will be high ranked. I had to give up the Watcher set on my cat because it's just not strong enough anymore.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

WanderingBullet

OMG, the Zorah gems are so hard to get. Hopefully, none of the weapons requires them for crafting.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Splat

Trying to play high ranked quests with random people is frustrating. Way too many people join without taking the time to upgrade their gear and just get wrecked. I'm not saying I never faint but if the same person faints 3 times in the first 5-10 mins their not ready.

I ended up just soloing the Pink Rathian because I got tired of it.

Edited on by Splat

Matroska

@AlexStinton I'll send you a friend request later. It'll be fun to hunt monsters (and slide down lots and lots of hills) with you guys.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Fight_Teza_Fight

So after near enough 15 attempts (seriously) I have finally gotten myself a Legiana Plate for my Mail and completed the Legiana set. Totally worth it.

I also completed the Horizon event and now I have got my Palico as a Watcher . Pretty sure this is going to be his look for the rest of the game.

For anyone that wants to farm Legiana...
Head to the Northeast Camp, crawl out, take a left and follow the clues to a big open area. There should be some gnashes on a wall, which once examined puts it on your map. Wait 20 seconds and it will land in the area. Worked every time.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Splat

Just unlocked 8 star quests. Nergigante rocked my would it took me five tries before I got him. I really am in love with this game. It's just so dang satisfying...

WanderingBullet

I managed to solo Pink Rathian with low-rank gears on my first attempt. Fainted twice though, the dive bomb attacks one shotted me on both occassions.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Quintumply

I got my Watcher Palico gear! Well, I unlocked it - I need some more materials before I can craft them. But I got 'em!

I'm enjoying this game far more than I thought I would. There is such a complex web of STUFF that I was afraid would put me off completely, but so far I've managed it all pretty well. I'm still not clear on a lot of things, but I'm sort of enjoying feeling everything out, making mistakes, and progressing in my own way. I doubt I'm playing very efficiently, but I'm having a lot of fun, and that's of course much more important.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

NathanUC

@Splat I hope the Aloy set will be a Layered Armor set. Let's face it, they can either make it accessible or make it good. It's somewhat tough to do both without devaluing the rest of the high rank gear sets.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Splat

NathanUC wrote:

@Splat I hope the Aloy set will be a Layered Armor set. Let's face it, they can either make it accessible or make it good. It's somewhat tough to do both without devaluing the rest of the high rank gear sets.

Yeah, that would be the best move.

Fight_Teza_Fight

'Gone with a Flash' slay a Kirin

Spent about 3 hours on this quest last night & could not beat it. Slept on it and beat it in my second attempt. That was definitely the hardest monster encounter so far. I don't know how anyone could beat this thing without using the Insect Glaive's Pole Jump. It's AoE attacks are not only deadly & cover a wide area, but they have a stun effect too!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

NathanUC

@Fight_Teza_Fight Thunder resist decorations make a huge difference. He's (objectively) easy if you use a bow or bow gun. Other tips are to use the elevation to your advantage to mount as often as possible. He's certainly difficult at first, but once you slow down, study him, and take your time, he's not all that bad. I always used a hammer to take him out quickly, but I'll probably swap to a bow for the high rank and up iterations of this fight.

In terms of weapons, I've been using insect glaive for the first 80 or so hours.... I recently tested out the charge blade and goooooooooooood golly is it insane. I thought i was doing good DPS with the glaive, but this charge blade thingy puts it to shame. I consider myself an IG expert, but even as a fairly new/clunky charge blade user.... I cannot believe how much faster missions got. It has speed, mobility, power.... and a freakin shield. Why would anyone use anything else?????

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.