Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid V OT

Posts 241 to 260 of 603

usb

The actress who plays Quiet streams on Twitch playing MGS V here is the link. Its often on weekends.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

themcnoisy

@dryrain: Thanks man, I may just rush the missions now and read up when I get to level 35 - there's what 40 levels?

Tried a side op tonight, unfortunately I got killed after about 40 minutes of fultoning people carefully by some dude, a B rating no less who I thought was asleep as I tried to send my despatch team out on the idroid. After dying the game respawned me to a time prior to any of that. I was fuming. The checkpoints are at really strange points on occasion, this is a pain and a spot save option would be brilliant.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

usb

I really enjoy fultoning people, animals basically anything I can in the game. In the end I got way too many soldiers due to fultoning now I have to sack about 300 of them which is a pain as you can not group sack people. The soldiers sometimes seem to have super human sight and hearing. Some missions I spent hours trying to do.

Its funny when I played the game a lot when it first came out. I looked around me in real life and would see a large metal container and think to myself that would make a good fulton extraction. That happens when you play the game way too much. I need to get back to playing but been distcated by other games recently.

usb

Ash_uk1

@dryrain: you can group fire people dude; just pushSquare( ) on the soliders you dont want but on the last one, push X then just go to fire thing.

@themcnoisy: thats happened to me plenty too, very annoying. there are 50 main missions i believe.

Edited on by Ash_uk1

Ash_uk1

PSN: Ash_uk1

kyleforrester87

@dryrain: lol yes whenever I saw a container in real life I thought about fultoning it, too. Last time that happened so often was after playing alot of Tony Hawks on PS1, everything in my town suddenly looked grindable.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@dryrain: @kyleforrester87: Haha me as well. I also saw a random plant in the middle of a field when I was a passenger in my wife's car and thought about running over to it. Man this game....

Ash_uk1

themcnoisy wrote:

@Ash_uk1: How did you manage to get S ranks easily? - ie) rush the mission / go in lethal / best equipment etc.) I have just finished mission 30 today - cant believe its taken me so long.

Here is a video of me Doing mission 30. spoilers for people not past mission 30

Edited on by Ash_uk1

Ash_uk1

themcnoisy

@Ash_uk1: What a run, puts my (lack of) ability in the ahem spotlight. I'm gonna give up on getting S ranks after watching that.

I was on the same part of the game earlier but rescuing a prisoner. I got all the way there with no alarm. Picked the guy up. out the door 'boom' guy right in front of me, Even when I'm doing well I'm actually pretty hopeless.

usb

There are a couple of missions that are easy S ranks. Which you can repeat with your soldiers if you want to rank them up for sending them out on missions. I do not have the patience for S ranking the missions but some you can do in a really sneaky way like with wepaons drops etc. On one mssions I did so badly it did not even give me any kind of ranks lol. Youtube hs some quite good videos of how to do them.

usb

Ash_uk1

@themcnoisy: don`t give up on S ranks, i made the video to show the route i go to S rank it. ive play mgs 5 for about 220 hours, ive been in and out of that base ( and all the others ) many times so i know the best way in and out. DD is the best buddy to use for S ranks too as he marks the guards for you, just make sure to bring a vehicle with you too.

Ash_uk1

themcnoisy

@Ash_uk1: You should make more videos, it was a good watch. I appreciate the game even more now!!! I didn't know there was a second climable crack followed by a ladder and ran around the long way on that mission. I can remember standing under an arch getting pummelled. Haha.

SteveButler2210

Just spotted this on Charlie Brooker's 2015 Wipe - Snake's looking different!

Untitled

Edited on by SteveButler2210

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

themcnoisy

@SteveButler2210: Haha, Good old Mr Brooker. To be fair a great advocate of gaming - I recall him taking the mick out of a BBC art program for ripping into the wii. Screenwipe when it was shown for the first series was must watch TV, as it expanded and new segments were added - screenwipe itself lost something. I feel like watching it now!!

usb

Not played MSG V in months and just logged back in. I went to my rewards section and I had a lot of new staff and money for completing various challenges. But after accepting them all the staff and money has vanished. Any ideas?

usb

usb

I should have been more patient the money has appeared seems there is delay for some reason between accepting the rewards and getting the money it took about 20 minutes.

usb

themcnoisy

@dryrain: Unsure why that happened. Its usually pretty quick. I had an issue when I logged online - all of my resources can no longer be used offline. Maybe its a similar thing??

usb

I was collecting some achievements today as well which for som ereason I never even noticed before. It was fine with me collecting everything including vehicles etc. But for some reason it will not let me collect the money it says I have reached item limit but money is not classed as an item and I do not think $15 million is the money limit. Also today I reached my personel limit which I did not know the game had. So Unfortunatly a lot of people on my base got fired. I felt bad firing them so soon after christmas it really was a dilema.

Another feature I noticed but always ignored was the PF rating which I am doing well at and you can exchange your points for staff so I will be picking up a load more S ranked staff. I forgot how much fun I had playing MGS V and hanging out with Quiet.

usb

themcnoisy

@dryrain: Another feature I noticed but always ignored was the PF rating which I am doing well at and you can exchange your points for staff so I will be picking up a load more S ranked staff. I forgot how much fun I had playing MGS V and hanging out with Quiet.

What's a PF system???????

So Unfortunatly a lot of people on my base got fired. I felt bad firing them so soon after christmas it really was a dilema.

Haha that's the second time I've laughed my head off so far after your doughnut Drake comment.

get2sammyb

I like MGS5, I really do - but some things about the game drive me utterly bonkers. The open world is the biggest issue I have. I feel like the game would be much better as a selection of self-contained mini-sandboxes, because navigating the world is painful. In fact, it's so bad, I'm sure I'm missing something.

So I'm out in the "field" doing some Spec Ops missions. Cool. I set my waypoint and travel to the next marker. And every time - I swear, every single time - I just run into a wall of mountain which can't be climbed over.

Untitled

So, in this instance, the only way I have of getting to the waypoint is by getting back on my horse, riding all the way around the mountain, trying to pass through multiple security outposts unnoticed. Surely this isn't right? Surely I'm missing something? Open world games like Prototype (puke) and Assassin's Creed give you overpowered traversal abilities to transform tedious sandbox navigation into something exciting. But in MGS5 it's just plain tedious.

Unless I'm missing something?

(Please tell me I'm missing something.)

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb: Yeah that's really annoying. I never understood it either. Right at the start of the game its painful, slow and the map doesn't signify none climbable or passable surfaces. The sections of mountain regions that look like you can jump over them but out of nowhere an invisible wall appears are the worst.

Further into the game though you will have a faster run speed which is the equivalent of being on the horse, so you can substitute d dog into your team. He can sniff out collectibles and resources quickly as you go adding a much needed dimension to the open world. More of the helicopter drop off points will be open for use and the helicopter pick up speed will ramp up making it essential for hopping around the map. Africa is also much flatter, and quiet finds climbing cracks up the mountains. You will also have the option to start each mission or side op instance with a vehicle. Unfortunately you need to earn all of those rights... Extremely slowly.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.