Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 1,795

nessisonett

@Th3solution I could go back to the PS4 version but then I couldn’t get my progress from the PS5 version across, meaning that all my weeks of work doing this one specific trophy would be down the drain 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Oh, I haven’t tried this yet but I understand now — so you can port over from PS4 your progress into the PS5 version, but not vice versa. Did the actual game save transfer over from your PS4 or did just your trophies [inaccurately] transfer?

The closest thing I can think of I had was a lot of progress in the Vita and PS3 version of Borderlands 2, then when I booted up BL2 in the Handsome Collection on PS4, strangely only certain random trophies transferred over. But my progress and my character all ported over fine. I didn’t play it long enough on PS4 to really see, but it does seem like the trophies that didn’t transfer weren’t achievable anymore, but I can’t be certain.

I also had some trophies that got ruined during my Assassin’s Creed 2 playthrough when Sony had the PSN outage related to leap year a few years ago and that locked me out of the platinum for that game too. I think I had found all the feathers and everything. 😣

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Yeah, the save transfer is one way but it’s meant to unlock all the trophies you’ve unlocked on that version. Which it didn’t. The only thing I can think of doing is completing this file to the point where I have the harder trophies and then completely restarting to get the trophies that didn’t transfer.

nessisonett

@Th3solution Finally managed to get those trophies to pop, I had to back up my save to PS Plus, delete it and then retransfer from PS4. They popped and I restored my old save. That would be impossible if I didn’t subscribe to PS Plus though.

Th3solution

@nessisonett That’s a relief though. Cloud saves ftw!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Shame it’s all for nothing, I’m completely and utterly stuck on one challenge that I need for a trophy. Like ‘playing till my fingers bleed’ stuck.

BlaizeV

What the hell happened to the UK Store, half of the genres are missing? Mainly Action, Shooter and RPG

BlaizeV

JohnnyShoulder

Was playing on my dad's PS4 this weekend and for the first time I really struggled. The games I played felt a but blurry and sluggish. Maybe it because it was the first time I played the same games on both consoles at similar times, but when I was back on my PS5 the games felt so much better.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I’m actually surprised at how quickly I’ve become spoiled by my PS5. I honestly thought I’d still use my PS4, but I also can see the difference, even in the PS4 menu where the lack of visual sharpness is actually noticeable.

I should have known that I would do this since I completely sidelined by PS3 within 6 months of getting my PS4, and that wasn’t even backward compatible.

Edited on by Th3solution

Bentleyma

I went back to my PS4 Slim after selling my PS5 and I don’t miss it. Yeah 4K, better framerate and faster load times were nice, but I guess I’m not overly bothered about those things. I’ve been playing my PS3 a lot recently and even 720p and sub 30 FPS on a lot of games doesn’t bother me.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma- yeah, I’ve had a PS5 since launch and only played Bugsnax and Spider-Man Remastered on it so far (oh and Assassin’s Creed Unity, as I didn’t want to delete anything off my PS4 in order to install it on that). I’m acquiring a nice little PS5 backlog though and looking forward to delving into it... just need to get the PS3 backlog sewn up first (& whittle down the PS4 one a little too).

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma- yeah, I have a lot of games progress saved on PS4 games and heard of issues with downloading that save data to the PS5’s ssd... it’s fine 95% of the time but I don’t wanna give the possibility a chance of ****ing up my PS5. As a result, the only time I’ll use my PS5 is for PS5 games... or PS4 games I’m yet to start.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I'm pretty sure that was fixed not long after launch. There are games which don't allow progress to carry over from the PS4 version to the PS5 version, but that is different from playing the PS4 version on your PS5. As long as you have the saves backed up to the cloud, you should be fine.

@Bentleyma- I never used to be bothered about 4K and all that, but now having experienced it first hand for a period of time, I can definitely notice it more. Everyone is different though, and some have a more severe reaction to game being at a lower frame rate for instance.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder I’m sure it probably would be fine but I have no need to risk it even if the probability is infinitesimal... I got my PS3, PS4 and PS5 all hooked up, so I’ll just play anything that I’ve already started on the 4 to avoid the element of doubt.

It also negates unneeded hours of use on the 5 which ‘could’ prolong its life cycle. I didn’t even unbox my 4 for almost a year, even though I bought it at launch and it still works fine today, while a few of my friends who also bought at launch had to renew over the last 18 months or so.

In all probability I am WAAAAAYYY over-cautious but it’s never steered my wrong.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah buying a console at launch only not to unbox it for that long is maybe being a tad over cautious. I probably wouldn't have bought one in the first place until I knew I was ready to use it.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder nah I just didn't unbox the 4 as I was planning on moving house and there wasn't anything in particular I fancied playing on it. Just felt it was a pointless exercise to go through unboxing and hooking it up when I'd be reboxing it less than 12 months down the road.

I wanted it just incase a game so good released that I wouldnt be able to resist the urge to play it... one didn't.

I'm not someone who gets overly excited about tech and has to fiddle with it without necessity. When I got into uni on a film-making course, that summer I bought a £3500 camera... didn't unbox it until the morning of the video production class when we'd first be using the camera 3 or 4 months later.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore So why did you even buy the console in the first place?

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder as I said, in case anything released that I really wanted to play. You seem to have a problem with me buying things 🤣...

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Just curious that's all, as doing something like that is pretty alien to me. A substantial purchase like that I would only ever buy it if I was gonna use it pretty much straight away and do a bit of research on it beforehand to see what was available and coming soon. I've never had a lot of money to play around so always been a bit more careful about what I buy.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic