Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,795

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic So you pull on our heart strings, say a sad goodbye, then come back like nothing has ever happened......

I've been playing The Mummy Demastered which is a 2D pixel art metroidvania and is probably better than the film it is based on.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’ve been playing Metro Exodus, Assassin’s Creed Black Flag and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1&2 on PS4. I’ve mostly been putting hours into Final Fantasy V Advance on GBA and Zero no Kiseki on Vita though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Anti-Matter

Oh, gosh.... 😬
I randomly pick Valthirian Arc PS4 version from Tokopedia due to very cheap price and the game will be arrived to my house very soon.
Untitled

But the problem is i'm not ready yet to play completely never before played game. 😅
I picked that game randomly due to my other order from Tokopedia still had no reply from the seller so i decided to pick other game.
And one more thing...
This game made by Indonesian peoples, from my country Indonesia. 😀

Anti-Matter

crimsontadpoles

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Little Hope is a story based horror game from the people that made Until Dawn. It involves a group of people who become stranded in a ghost town late at night. There's a thick fog rolling in, and other spooky things going on. The game makes a big deal out of how choices will affect what happens, though I've not played enough to know how true this is.

So far Little Hope is okay, though I'd argue that Until Dawn is the better choice if you're interested in these sorts of games. Little Hope hasn't been that scary yet, though that's starting to change. I think it's going to be more terrifying next time I play it as the story's getting more tense.

HungryHungryHomer

Has anybody been able to claim Bugsnax for PS5 or any of the free PS Plus games this month for that matter?

They either still show full price for me or in the case of Bugsnax show no way to acquire at all.

HungryHungryHomer

Thrillho

@HungryHungryHomer I can’t say about the PS4 games but from this very website;

Bugsnax, the first PS5 game to be featured on PS Plus, will arrive alongside the next-gen console later this month. You'll be able to download it from the 12th November in the US, and the 19th November in Europe.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@crimsontadpoles I played Until Dawn, beat the game. I fell in love with the characters a little bit, and that felt more significant to me than the "scares" in that game. Anyway, there isn't much gameplay per se in Until Dawn, as you said, it is very much story-based compared to most games with only a little action sprinkled in throughout the game.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Anti-Matter

Not interested at all by realistic racing games.
I would rather pick Racing with Ryan / Big Bobby Car instead.
Cartoonish racing games are always be my choices.

Anti-Matter

redd214

@Arugula hey man. I have it downloaded but haven't fired it up yet. Probably just going to wait until Thursday to play it on the 5

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@Anti-Matter Did you like Diddy Kong Racing on the N64? I would love a remake of that game, minus the really hard races against a giant pig.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Anti-Matter

@JohnnyShoulder
I prefer Chocobo Racing PS1 instead.
I love that Final Fantasy music remixes on Chocobo Racing.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Bentleyma-
Chocobo Racing was my teenhood game back when i was Senior High School student (20 years ago) and i played together with my sibling.
He likes to use Fat Chocobo as it has very funny squeak sfx as Fat Chocobo rides his tricycle. I still remembered his quote "Nyit Nyit's Revenge (He called Fat Chocobo as Nyit Nyit as from squeak sfx) is ready to blast on the next track". 🤣

About the game, i really love the music, the Best from Squaresoft back on that time.
The track designs somewhat tricky and not really beginner welcome but the Magic stones stacks was my favorite thing.
You can pick same Magic stones and it will be upgraded into 3 level magics.

(Copied from internet)
Haste - makes racers go faster. The higher the level, the longer the effect duration.

Fire - shoots a fireball in a straight line, which can miss. Higher levels will not miss, and Fira attacks one racer in front of the user, while Firaga attacks all racers in front of the user.

Blizzard - creates an ice sheet behind the user. Any racer that drives over it will spin out. Blizzara creates a large ice sheet which is hard to avoid, while Blizzaga causes all players to spin out of control and crash, stalling them. Flying racers are not affected by Blizzard and Blizzara.

Thunder - Thunder causes lightning to strike in front of a racer. Thundara causes three lightning strikes in front of a racer, while Thundaga strikes all racers.

Minimize - a small angel appears and reduces the size of all racers, slowing them down by 25%. The highest level reduces the racers' speed and size by 75%. If run over, a shrunken racer will be squashed, stalling them.

Reflect - deflects offensive spells back at the user. It is triggered automatically when a spell targets the holder, but it can also be activated manually to create a temporary Reflect shield. This Magic Stone does not level up.

Doom - a skull with a 10-second counter appears over the player. It can be transferred to another racer by bumping into them. Once the counter hits zero, the racer crashes. This Magic Stone does not level up.

Ultima - causes an attack that stalls all racers. The highest level stalls all racers much longer.

I will definitely choose Chocobo Racing over than Mario Kart 64 / Diddy Kong Racing as PS1 games was really shaped my teenhood.

Anti-Matter

Octane

Does anyone know if you can hook up the PS4 to the telly via the PSVR breakout box, HDMI cable only, not the USB cable, and still play regularly? Not talking VR.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane Yep, it works fine, mine has been like that since I got PSVR.

Octane

@nessisonett Cheers. Just tested it out, and it works. My new TV cabinet has doors, and the PS4 won't fit with the USB cable plugged in the front. But it's good to know I can just take it out, and still leave the breakout box attached via HDMI.

Octane

Black_Swordsman

I was thinking of buying Resident Evil: Code Veronica X ,as I completed it as a teenager and greatly enjoyed it, now, almost 20 years later, I would like to complete it again. Are any of you willing to keep me company on my journey? (those playing it or those who have completed it in the last year or so)

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’m technically in the middle of a playthrough although I saved myself into a death loop so messed up my file. I’d need to start again but I’m far enough into my file that it’s just annoying!

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Do you think you will ever go back to it then? In which case we could be Code Veronica X buddies, form our own mini-game club

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic