Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,319

Tasuki

@Kidfried Not surprsing Snake Eater is rumored as one as that seems to be the best one out of them all according to most people. I wish they would do a remaster of the first one. The only one that they did was the remaster for GameCube but that was how long ago?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Octane

@Kidfried Isn't that just a typo? Can't find anything on it anywhere else.

If it's true, that's great! Then I don't have to do that thing anymore to play them that I'm not allowed to talk about, even though it's completely fine to talk about!

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane Don't do bitter, it doesn't suit you.

And I'm kinda wondering about that too. I would expect something like this to check out and be real, but what puzzles me is no mention of Xbox One. They wouldn't skip Xbox One if they're releasing it for Vita, I'd argue.

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried But it's already on the Vita, right? At least, if we're talking about the same collection.

Untitled

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

As much as I would love a remaster of the first MGS it would take a mahoosive effort to do, it would need to be a remake kinda like final fantasy 7. I don't see Konami putting that much effort in.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

That hd collection was also on the ps3.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/02/is_the_metal_gear_soli...

So we would be getting a remaster of a remaster. Lame

I wonder if that is the 'classic' that blueprint are working on?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

Kidfried

@Octane @JohnnyShoulder If it's coming to the PS4, it'll be a port of that collection. And if that HD Collection is coming to PS4, than it would probably be Armature porting it. Seeing as they recently worked with the port (Vita), and Bluepoint is working on something more special anyway.

And it wouldn't be big news indeed @JohnnyShoulder, as that collection already released on PS3 and Xbox One. Still, it's a really good one. I wouldn't buy it, but it's an easy recommendation for everyone not familiar with the franchise. Still... the omission of MGS1 in this collection is quite glaring.

A Bluepoint remaster-remake of MGS4 or MGS1 would be magical, let's dream.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried What do you think the classic game Bluepoint is?

Octane

@Kidfried Well, I'd welcome a port of 2 and 3 if that means I have easy access to it. I still think it may be a typo though.

Have you ever played the GameCube remake of MGS1? Is it any good and/or does it resemble the original in any way?

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane Seems you were right! I think I saw somewhere they're denying working on it!

The GameCube remake is a controversial subject among fans. I actually played it before the original one, having never owned a PS1.

It's quite good. One of the cons is a completely different soundtrack (less good than the original). And it works in MGS2's engine, which improves overall graphics and even the gameplay at some points. However, it makes some the game somewhat imbalanced in other places.

It's fine really. The story, cinematics (graphical and gameplay wise) and feel of the game remain intact, which is the main reason to play this in 2018. I'd buy it.

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried I'll give it a try if I can find it for cheap!

Octane

kyleforrester87

Twin Snakes is much worse than MGS1 in my opinion. The tone is just so off. That's not to say it's bad by any stretch, but it's by far the inferior version of the two.

I expect the same of the FF7 Remake. A decent enough game that doesn't live upto the original.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

Can anyone tell me why I suddenly had an ad for PS Now on the front of my PS4 home screen? Did you see it too? I have featured content turned off, so that's really lame. It's not as lame as the Xbox 360 homescreen, but it's still really annoying they force it onto the front.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Small game-releated piece of news, but for anyone interested in soundtracks and living near London!

"Classic FM is partnering with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and PlayStation for the live world premiere of PlayStation in Concert, at the Royal Albert Hall!"
https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2018/playstati...

This is really cool. I was lucky enough to be able to attend something similar in my country twice already and loved hearing some of these iconic soundtracks played live. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and Horizon Zero Dawn have such stunning soundtracks. And I expect Journey to be in there too.

Wish I was able to attend this one. Since it's in association with PlayStation and played by the Royal Philharmonic, this one looks like it's going all the way.

(And with presenter Jessica Curry being a great composer and having hosted a brilliant show on video games for Classic FM, this show is in good hands.)

Kidfried

Kidfried

More news: Hitman episode 2 is free to download! If you re interested in this series, go ahead and download it. This episode will give you a good idea of Hitman 2016's gameplay.

And it's a lot of fun!

Kidfried

Fight_Teza_Fight

Chasm coming to PS4 AND PSVita, Summer 2018!
https://www.dualshockers.com/chasm-ps-vita-release-window/

Well this is awesome! Will be cross-buy.
From Reddit:
'Back when Axiom Verge launched on PS Vita, lots of people asked Dan Adelman (who handles the business side of both games) if Chasm would launch there too. Dan replied that it would depend on how Axiom Verge did. Well, I’m excited to confirm that Axiom Verge did well enough on PS Vita that we decided to make Chasm cross-buy. And best of all, this added no time to our schedule, since the guy who did the Axiom Verge port was able to get Chasm’s code base up and running while we were still working on the game.'

Great that these guys found success with Axiom Verge on Vita. I did my part, even though i still haven't played it yet. Should probably get to that.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

New Spider-Man ''trailer''. It's a teaser for next month's Game Informer issue on Spider-Man;

Octane

KratosMD

So I was convinced that Sunset Overdrive (also made by Insomniac) had the best open world traversal mechanics of any open world game. Having now watched the above gameplay for Spider-Man, that game looks like it will easily top SO for that title. It feels much more fluid and less limited since you can literally swing to any surface, instead of having to rely on objects on the wall and ground to be able to move around efficiently, like in SO. I'm really looking forward to playing this game.

KratosMD

NecuVise

@KratosMD but in sunset overdrive you can fight and do all the crazy stuff while traversing but here you are only traversing

NecuVise

KratosMD

@NecuVise That's true but we haven't seen if there are random fights in the overworld in Spider-Man so I'm reserving my judgement until I've played the game or at least seen more.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic