Forums

Topic: Dreams -OT-

Posts 101 to 120 of 155

hulkie

Question about this game,I bought the early access version on day 1. I have no intention of creating anything,just enjoying playing peoples creation. When the full version is out ,despite me not creating anything,will I be upgraded for free to games full version?

hulkie

themcnoisy

@hulkie I think the answer to this is yes. Although there may be caveats.

Hey Hulkie seems as though you are in Dreans try out my car advertorial;

https://indreams.me/dream/mPeUWhUMPZL

Or search Noisy V2 Vehicle Showcase!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

This will be my last post until the full release comes out as it's taking up too much of my time and I am hoping some of the glitches and bugs are ironed out.

I've just uploaded my latest 4 track demo with some assets; Beat boxing, vocals, whistles and my daughter doing some MCing (she's only 3). Look it up - MC Noisy Sound Machine.

The 3 main tracks are great. Arrival and Rover Mission are for a work in progress space game, which is being made by a bloke in Ireland who is like 50x cleverer than me with game logic. They are the best backing tracks I have ever made and I have put 30 hours into making them perfect.

Please give them a listen, they are fully remixable so you can see how they have been shaped. I honestly think they sound like a AAA game should. Give them a whirl.

As for Dreams it's an amazing piece of kit which I think is destined to fail. It's too difficult to use for the average person and without my prior musical knowledge, a recent computer course and programming in basic years ago, would have been completely lost. As it stands since uploading my first rubbish attempt at using Dreams on the 19th of June I have made a full game in Funky Timed Challenge Pool (which takes less than 4 minutes to finish), a pretty impressive animation in Noisy V2 Vehicle Showcase, a decent community piece in Amazing paintings set to banging music, made some assets like the mentioned vocal drum machine, an absolutely horrible game in plop, boom, tink (but its good for showing how dreams works as a beginner), loads of good music tracks and have a work in progress sentry robot now in storage until the full release.

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb @antdickems @quintumply @shogunrok

What are your feelings about remakes made in dreams? I am unsure if you can post an article but a friend has been building a goldeneye remake for the past 6 months. He's done a YouTube video www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQ6bEAfBHA

I hope that works, that's the link he's just sent me on ps4.

Also I have a group of people who can finish dips on a train if you would kindly let us Stephen?

Edited on by themcnoisy

Quintumply

@themcnoisy Haha, thanks for the offer. The point of Snacks on a Train is to see if your average person can make something fun in Dreams totally from scratch, and I do plan on following it through. I've not made any progress the last couple of months or so because I've been very busy on and off the site, but I haven't given up on it yet.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Quintumply Roger that. You can have collaboraters. There's an Irish lad building a procedurally generated space game, so I made some music for him as its his weakest point on Dreams. It's not a negative to ask for help, it's actively encouraged.

One of the big hurdles in dreams is not being able to do the things you want straight away - but there will be a way. I'm currently making a music video and it's taken me about 10 hours just on the visuals and they aren't even very good. But it will be!

@kyleforrester87 Nah its Stephen and Sammys idea. That IP fraud and I want nothing to do with it yet.

But a packet of pringles could change my mind.

themcnoisy

So I have finished another game;

Geebee the Aliens: Dairylea, Shopping Spree.

I haven't made a video for it unfortunately as I have been short of time. If anyone has the chance take a look in dreams itself, feel free to leave some feedback! 179 people have played it and It's at 60 Upvotes atm (so 1 in 3 people think it's good I hope) which is on course to beat my previous best of 65 for the Vehicle showcase.

Literally can't get off Dreams, playing games is like a downgrade compared to making them yourself.

Edited on by themcnoisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy That's perhaps the best name for a game I've ever seen... like, ever.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger thanks mate. The games within dreams are getting better every day, I played a 2d fighter yesterday which with a little tlc could be a paid indie game.

That said the individual bits of art, music and logic are way better than the current games themselves.

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Dreams was always gonna break certain parts of the games industry, and raise people's expectations when they see the diversity of genuine, unrestricted creativity.

I wonder if that's the reason why we barely see anything about it on the larger gaming websites?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger It's in early access and is a big commitment for writers and commentators. Just take a look at my games history. Since playing lara Croft and the random Egyptians, I've played dreams and fist of the North Star. That's it!

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy That is both impressive and scary, but you did say "this is the only game I'll ever need now" when you started playing it. Guess you were right!

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger I did. The problem I have is that none of my mates from push or in real life use dreams regularly - so I have no one to team up with and build a big game, it's all solo.

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Somebody around here will get it someday, I'm sure!

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

@themcnoisy I wish I could make anything, I have so many ideas

Is it still coming out this year actually? I really want to play Mm's levels.

Octane

themcnoisy

@Octane I can help mate. I can make almost anything. My mains are animating static objects, music, sound effects, one off graphical effects, lighting, basic logic, building land based vehicles and making a gameplay loop.

I am decent at sculpting (but take ages), can use variables but as I don't plan much and forget what I'm calling everything, can direct cameras in animation but struggle with changing them in a gameplay scenario when the character / avatar moves around,

I am rubbish at painting, awful at high end logic and don't understand puppets at all. I am absolutely useless at paint based effects so my games are all made from sculpts.

Anyway what I have actually found is my original 2 ideas for a card game and a infinite runner were both doa. The card game was way out of my now known abilities and still is. The infinite runner being 2d was a cluster from the beginning.

I made a basic button game to learn the logic and how to key frame, then made a pool game with the cue ball as the player (that's boss BTW), then built a vehicle with working parts, then filmed a working playable advertorial of the vehicle, made a couple of great music videos and finally made the awesome 'geebee the aliens: Dairylea, Shopping spree'.

Take a look octane I can help you get better.

Octane

@themcnoisy I love card games, I wonder if it's possible in Dreams (it probably is, but whether it's actually doable for one person or not).

I'll definitely check your creation out.

By the way, are you using the Move controllers or the DS4? If Dreams get a PS5 release, I may reconsider getting a pair of Move controllers, because I've heard they work a lot better (though keyboard + mouse would even more preferable I think).

Octane

themcnoisy

@Octane I bought the moves, however I'm too far into the ds4 rabbit hole to change now. One of the reasons I can't paint.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.