Forums

Topic: Dreams -OT-

Posts 141 to 155 of 155

XOF

@Ryall yes it's updated, I've even tried deleting the game and reinstalling it. Nothing helped...

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

Matroska

Been playing this incredible game since yesterday. I'm in love with it. Every so often I just pause and think "this game is amazing". All I've made so far is a "game" where Jill Valentine and Sakura from Street Fighter run around a small ruin, but before long I'll be making Dark Souls 4, trust me. 🤣

If anyone wants to add me for collaboration trophies or just to share stuff, please feel free. 👍

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Quintumply

@KratosMD As far as I know, Media Molecule has said that any company is within their right to request something to be taken down if it breaches some kind of copyright. If, say, Nintendo wanted some Mario knockoffs removed from the Dreamiverse, MM would then have to comply, but until that happens it's free reign. I've no idea if a company has actually requested anything to be taken down yet, but as you point out, the game is full of Mario/Sonic/whatever tributes and recreations. Whether these companies are oblivious to Dreams or have simply decided to let it all slide, I don't know. Maybe when the game gets huge, they'll take notice.

As you say, though, LBP didn't really get hit with complaints, so it's possible Dreams won't either.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

themcnoisy

Made an absolute beast of a tune here. It's for a boss battle, inspired by Yuzo Koshiro and techno production classes back in the early 2000s.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nK0zgWRmDWE

I've used a bunch of filters. Really pushed the envelope when it comes to avoiding the clipping barrier and it works as a 3 part boss battle.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Quintumply @Seanobi @AdamNovice @get2sammyb @Sam-Bridges @JoeBlogs @Matroska

One of the Dreams community reached out to me as his game was pinged for copyrighted songs (which he had no idea about). I developed a couple of tunes levels 2 and 3 for the game instead and it's been entered into the current arcade game jam. Plays and sounds amazing!

The game is called Bubble Bebop, it's a spin on bust a Move and we'll worth giving it a go. Macforaday the creator is prolific and hugely talented making a couple of visual novels, an rpg, a communication tool and loads of other bits.

themcnoisy

@JoeBlogs it's a great game with loads of potential! Thanks for replying Joe.

LieutenantFatman

@themcnoisy
Was playing level two earlier and my wife started dancing as she walked past the TV. Think it's fair to say it's a hit, great job matey!

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

@Quintumply thanks bro. It's a good game we'll worth a play through.

@LieutenantFatman thanks LF. Used a few techniques that are unique in Dreams to get the sounds! Glad your wife liked it. I had 60 odd Upvotes for that music track so pretty happy with the response.

themcnoisy

Hey @quintumply @shogunrok @get2sammyb @liamcroft I've had an idea!

We run jams in Dreams every Monday night. I was wondering if you fancy setting up a PushSquare jam? I could set it up over Dreams (In collaboration with you guys you wouldn't have to do anything) and we could set the challenge over Dreams to write a theme tune and jingles for background music. The musicians are brilliant in our crew and the idea just hit me.

So every Monday we are given a task like writing a song for a game. Then the following Monday at 11pm the jam starts on Tenias twitch channel who now works for MM. As well as the 100+ listeners you would also have visibility from the thousands of Dreams users. Let me know!

All you would have to do is tune in when the jams on. But obviously need your blessing to run it. Or you could get involved it up to you.

themcnoisy

@TowaHerschel7 now Rukky, that is something I can help you with. For the first time ever! Ok so I've just released 2 tracks so am free for a bit. What kind of time would you like to make? Even if we don't go full music we can do a radio drama like

Or something with variable tempo like;

I've made arguably My best tracks recently which aren't housed in the YouTube vault. But get on Dreams again and I can show you the ropes.it was a bad time, last time Rukky. I was in dire straights personally when you started chikkys run but honestly bro my life if flipping amazing right now! Moving house to a detached 4 bedroom hobby with room for a studio!!!! I can even invite you over sometime now. And we can have a mess round with adding logic to our music!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.