Forums

Topic: Death Stranding OT

Posts 401 to 420 of 495

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’m the same — I’ve never been a high utilizer of grenades in games. As DS progresses then you won’t need to use them as much, trust me. Other firearms and options to stealth “kill” BT’s eventually are given to you. However, try them out to be familiar with them because I recall a couple boss fights that I had to use some grenades to get through. And the mechanics of throwing them in DS is actually better than in a game like Uncharted or DOOM because the throwing arc and area of impact is very well displayed and more predictable

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou it’s been a while but… is it possible that you might have repeated deliveries that you have already completed? ie you may have only completed 8 ‘different’ premium deliveries?

Apologies if this has come across as patronising 🙏

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

@Keith_Zissou I think @colonelkilgore might be correct, it's easy to repeat deliveries as after a cool down period the delivery will be back in the list at the respective depot / shelter. I'm sure will need to make sure that the premium deliveries you are doing are unique in order for them to qualify. Each one as a unique number but you will also be able to see from the stats on that delivery if you've done it before.

render

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou I encountered a similar problem trying to find enough timed-deliveries to max those out. There are more than enough but they can take some locating 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou indeed 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

**** DLC!

Thrillho

I finally started this last night and maybe Sam's job isn't for me as I fell off a cliff and died before I even picked up the first package..

Not far in having only just met Deadman so plenty to go yet!

Thrillho

Thrillho

I'm at least 20 hours in and have finally finished chapter 2!

I spent a lot of time doing the side deliveries so managed to get up to 5* for all but the Wind Farm and Knot Port City. Unlocking the bike made life a hell of a lot easier though and I even did the trip from the Distribution Centre to the Port with it.

I've just about got a handle on dealing with the little BTs now though but combat really isn't the strong point of the game so far; taking out the enemy at the end of the chapter just felt like a chore.

And I forgot Troy Baker voiced that one character I mean, jeez, there must be some other voice actors out there right?

I also came across this pic on the subreddit for the game and love the "90s hardcore band doing a big money reunion tour" vibe going on

Untitled

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Haha! I love that picture!

So do you enjoy the gameplay? The fact you haven’t given up on the game suggests you’re getting into it, I hope. There is something strangely addictive about delivering those packages. And the online part is so cool, if you’ve gotten there yet, where you link places into the network and it opens up the shared world.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I’ve had no problems with the gameplay so far but the game does like to give you a serious amount of busy work with so many deliveries so I’ve had to suppress my completionist tendencies to actually get on with the game (hence 20+ hours for only the second chapter).

The one thing though is I sometimes get issues with my right index finger so I’m having to train myself to use my middle finger more for R2 seeing as you spend a lot of the time on foot holding that button down!

And the chiral network opens up early on (once you link the first site) so I’ve seen that in use. It’s cleverly utilised so your first trip through areas aren’t spoilt by all the equipment and hints left by other players. There have been plenty of bridges in that first area to help me get around more easily for sure!

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho I’m curious how the new construction items in the Director’s Cut affects the gameplay. Some of the charm of the game is, like you say, having to puzzle out the delivery path and plan your equipment and resource management. The risk and reward factor of taking more packages so as to improve your delivery but at the expense of a potentially more difficult run and possibly damaging packages if you overextend yourself. As you go through the base game you already end up with an amazing set of resources, but a couple of the new things in the DC look to be pretty overpowered so as to make deliveries way easier. But i and imagine they don’t unlock right away.

Thrillho

@Th3solution It’s hard for me to know what’s new given I’ve not played before!

A quick read online and it sounds like the blood grenades are new? They immediately “kill” any of the floating BTs which is obviously pretty handy but requires blood packs to use.

It sounds like I missed out picking up the maser gun in chapter 2 though. There was a delivery to a nearby factory site but specifically said “maser gun advised” so I assumed I must get it later in the game, rather than that mission giving it to me 🙄

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho The blood grenades were actually a staple in the original game, so those aren’t new. The maser Gun sounds new though. I don’t remember that.

As for grenades, there are different types depending on which body fluid or source you make them from. Each has a unique affect, so I’ll say that. Blood can destroy them, but the type 1 and 2’s do other things, so you feel free to experiment if you want.

Thrillho

@Th3solution I haven’t played around with the Ex grenades much. I used one of the ones I got early on and couldn’t really tell if it was doing anything!

I didn’t progress very far into chapter 3 but got the “fast travel” so have gone back to get the Maser gun. I’ve only tried it in the new firing range and it’s a battery powered stun gun essentially so makes handling MULES much easier.

I haven’t made it to the abandoned factory yet as I got distracted by the Ludens Fan location and shipped a few items I find during chapter 2 to him.

Thrillho

Thrillho

Well, I’ve been well and truly sucked in by this game. I completed chapter 3 this morning with a play time of…. 47 hours 😳

I’ve spent far too much time rebuilding roads and trying to get 5* ratings for every place as soon as I find them and am realising I probably don’t need to be so aggressive with getting the stars so quickly.

I flew through the short chapter 4 as well which was full on Kojima as that’s the chapter where you meet Mads for the first time on the WWI type battlefield.

Loving it so far though but it’s scary how quickly half an hour plus gets eaten up doing some deliveries!

Got as far as meeting Mama in the flesh and that’s one grim backstory she has..

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho Good to hear you are enjoying it. I'm pretty sure I spent about 300+ hours in this game in the end as it really grabbed me. Getting 5 stars on all the places as well as doing all 500 deliveries took me a long while but became really addictive. It really opens up when you get more gear as well so really must go back now I've got the DC installed to see what the new stuff is like.

render

Thrillho

@render I can see I’m going to end up going for the platinum on this one! But damn that Elder and his silly hilltop shelter..

As for the new stuff, as I said on the previous page the Maser gun is new and fires electricity to take down MULES. You get it before the Bola gun (the one that ties them up) but I prefer the latter.

I haven’t ventured into the factory area that is part of that (near the distribution centre in the first area) and haven’t bothered with constructing the race track either (up near the Timefall Farm).

It looks great though and runs smoothly at 60fps.

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho Can't wait to check out the distribution centre. All the trophies popped when I imported my save except for the ones which you need to have fabricated at least one of everything. I guess the Maser will be one of those and maybe even the race track.

Once I've done those then I should get a platinum for pretty much nothing. Always a bonus

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic