Forums

Topic: Community ideas for the next megapoll.

Posts 101 to 120 of 194

nessisonett

@LieutenantFatman @kyleforrester87 I always thought that smile was more of a Sean Connery-esque ‘Shaken not Shtirred’ shmile.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

So we are just gonna change what the poll we are going just because a couple of people didn't agree with what came out on top? This is already off to a good start!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I think it’s more that people would rather change their vote as they prefer box art to franchise. Considering we had quite a few to choose from, a few choices would have gotten little votes and so some people might see that as a ‘wasted vote’ which they would rather see go to another choice.

HallowMoonshadow

Well newcomer @RagingFire_Fox could also vote for this too seeing as she hasn't yet if it'll help in any way @Th3solution?

That way nobody has to change any votes or anything... At least not yet 😁

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@NYJetsfan123 @themcnoisy @nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87 @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego @ApostateMage @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @WanderingBullet @RogerRoger @Jaz007 @Gremio108 @Arugula @mookysam @Genrou @JoeBlogs @FullbringIchigo @KALofKRYPTON @AdamNovice @Kidfried @RagingFire_Fox

Noisy is unavailable so I’m going to try and help out finishing this process.

Ok friends, (aka “The Selection Committee”) so it looks like a run-off is necessary due to a virtual tie. I think the most important thing is to make sure that the will of the people is represented and, more importantly, that we have fun doing this.

We did have a rather large number of candidates so it seems reasonable to have a brief run off. Alternatively we could have a pistol duel, but this seems more civilized. 😜

The next post will outline the run-off.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

Please vote on one of the two finalists:

A) Best Video Game Franchise
B) Best Video Game Box Art

As you decide, please take into account how I would foresee we approach each of these.

Option A:
For Best Franchise, we would limit nominees to only those which appeared on PlayStation. (We’d have to decide how we’d treat something like Bayonetta, which has only 1/3 of the current franchise on Sony Platforms. I’m sure there are others too). Nevertheless, to avoid this becoming a console war, and to avoid Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon disrupting the final rank lists when there are some people here (like myself) with limited exposure to Nintendo and Xbox exclusives, we’ll stick to PlayStation.
My vision would be to have a top 50, ranked in descending order by the end. I would have a set of criteria to evaluate them, but the main component affecting your votes would be subjective personal preference. But I would outline other qualities to consider, like Noisy did on the PS3 rank project. I would not want to do every franchise. We’d keep it to maybe 50. We’d have an early round of nominations to come up with the master list first, and then start the voting process to establish rank and positioning.

Option B:
If you choose Box Art (and actually I would recommend “Cover Art” so online-only games could still be included), it would be much more dependent on the community to help come up with the nominations, as I personally have no idea even where to start with that. We’d do something similar to the above process like have everyone submit a certain number of nominees to create the master list, and then I’d have staged rounds and do something tournament style until we have a winner. When people submit their, say, 5-10 (we’ll have to come up with a solid number) nominees you’d need to post a link to the image if possible so we can all see it. If we all have to google everything, that will get old quick. We could have people post and imbed the images themselves a la the screenshot thread, but I feel like that would muck up the thread and create difficulty with navigation with dozens of jpgs. Perhaps when we get to the final 10 or so I’d post the images in the thread for ease of reference.

Summary:
So option A would work similarly to other polls, and option B would require more work and input from you all. Either should be a lot of fun, but we need to choose one option. I don’t want to commit for the community because I need everyone’s buy-in.

Again, I want everyone to have a good time. This isn’t negotiating world peace or stopping global warming here, it’s just for fun.

You have 48 hours.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

B for me! I reckon just pasting the google images link here would be a lot easier for now. I agree that if it comes down to final selections, embedding them would be a bit more viable then. We don’t want to cause the poor team a headache uploading a million images!

NYJetsfan123

Bummer! Both options sound boring! Next poll should be something a little more goofy!

But I will still participate. I vote option B.

@Th3solution thanks for the well detailed write up! Nicely done!

NYJetsfan123

Jaz007

@Th3solution I vote best video game cover art.
Also, if we need to pistol duel this because box art didn't get voted high enough, Red Dead Online is waiting for us to have some good old Mexican stand offs to finish things.
I also think there shouldn't be a limit to how much box art someone can submit. I think that a lot of us will find 5-10, but if someone wants to bring more that's fine. It could help someone who's knowledgeable bring more to the table, and I don't think enough people will go the extra mile that it'll be a problem.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 That’s a good point. If box/cover art is selected, I might just have a hard limit on total number and just let people submit on a first-come-first-served basis until we hit the cap. You’re right, I think some people will want to do the research and some people will just want to enjoy seeing them all and picking their favorites.

Jaz007

@Th3solution I think a hard limit should be avoided until we start to complain. Remember, it’s a megapoll, not one we’ll finish in a couple of weeks. A limit might be good of it just gets ridiculous, but until then, I say let the flood gates open.

Jaz007

LieutenantFatman

B) Best Video Game Box Art has my vote!
Or cover art as you say.

LieutenantFatman

Kidfried

From those two I like boxart the best. Might have a surprising winner!

@Tasuki Please don't derail the thread

Kidfried

Jaz007

@Kidfried Why did you randomly summon Tasuki like that?

Jaz007

Rudy_Manchego

Best Franchise for me. I always go for the underdog.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.