Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,680

colonelkilgore

@LN78 cheers dude, yeah the blast shards and ticking off all of the stunts seems like the biggest issues with the platinum-chase. Played the first couple of missions and still real playable, looks a little rougher than I remember but that’s fine.

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore Do you have to do two full playthroughs - one good, one evil - to get the plat? I think when it came out it was one of the first "true" superhero games even though it wasn't based on an existing IP. I wonder if a re-boot or remaster might be on the cards? It was a pretty big franchise for a while.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 yeah at least two playthroughs bud, maybe more as getting everything done just right (or just wrong depending on the playthrough) can be finicky from my understanding. One of the playthroughs has to be on hard too.

I’m yet to play the two PS4 inFamous titles but I’d love a reboot of the PS3 games for sure, such a clever use of electricity as a superpower. They basically cover all the bases in the forms it can be used. Really enjoying getting back into it.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

inFamous has been real good fun today. I’d imagine that I’m probably about halfway through my first playthrough and have managed to knock out 2 of the 3 problem stunts, so as long as I can get the 3rd during this playthrough I “should” be golden (or platinum if you get me 😉).

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

LN78 wrote:

@colonelkilgore My brother was obsessed with the "infamous" games - good luck finding all the blast shards thingies - they drove him crazy.

Lol, wouldn’t you just know… I’m stuck on 349 of 350 blast shards and have absolutely no idea where it is 🤬

Edit. Just found it 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LN78

I bought "Turning Point:Fall of Liberty" for £1.50 at the local charity shop. I got ripped off - it's completely unplayable. Oh well.

LN78

Bentleyma

@LN78 I’ve heard bad things about that game, but I enjoyed the next game the developer made, Legendary. I Just looked up the developer, Spark Unlimited. I didn’t realised they made Lost Planet 3 too.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RiotShieldsHurt

Blazblue Central Fiction, because Nöel Vermillion, Makoto, etc. Also, Lollipop Chainsaw for similar reasons.

RiotShieldsHurt

RiotShieldsHurt

@nomither6 Bullet is yet another reason to keep playing this amazing game! Honestly, I truly believe that Blazblue is the best fighting franchise of all time!!!

RiotShieldsHurt

nomither6

@RiotShieldsHurt i couldn’t agree more ! street fighter is my personal #1 , but blazblue is a close second , i definitely put CF over SFV & as someone who doesn’t even like or watch anime , i freaking love blazblue even though it’s mostly because it’s a fighting game otherwise i wouldn’t of played it but even the story that’s hard to follow i still loved it .

it’s a shame it ended instead of guilty gear , but i understand guilty gear came first so whatever . guilty gear is bland compared to blazblue in every way but graphics imo .

nomither6

nessisonett

Played a bit of both Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2, which I missed first time round and got for pennies recently. Modern Warfare 3 just isn’t as good as 2 multiplayer wise, the maps aren’t great and we found ourselves playing more Terminal than anything else, which was included for some reason in the bonus maps. Black Ops 2 on the other hand is brilliant, with well designed maps and interesting guns due to its near-future setting. The Zombies map that’s on disc is rubbish but at least the multiplayer is fun and has bots!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nomither6

@nessisonett MW3 was the start of infinity wards streak of horrible maps; after MW3 it only got worse with Ghosts , Infinite Warfare , etc , so thats expected. Treyarch on the other hand had more fun multiplayer but the gameplay engine or whatever wasn't as polished as infinity ward.

two great games nonetheless from the end of the golden era of COD. But you really dont enjoy dome from MW3 ? Thats like the nuketown of MW3 ! Paris map wasn't too bad neither .

nomither6

nessisonett

@nomither6 Dome was the best of a bad lot I’d say, still not a patch on Rust though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

Not a game, but I was looking in my basement for something that I ended up not finding, only to find my old MGS4 bundle PS3 that I thought I had sold a long time ago. I unfortunately now wasted the money when I bought a Japanese PS3 quite a while ago last year, but I'm still happy about it as now I have all of my old game saves back. Maybe I can finally finish Final Fantasy XIII as I have my late game save back instead of the much earlier save from playing the game last year, and I even still have the PS3 version of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World installed that has been long delisted. There's also plenty of nostalgia with it given that this system is the reason why I'm the gamer I am today.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LN78

@KilloWertz I love it when things like that happen - a few years back we found a stack of recorded-off-air movies (complete with hilarious 80's and 90's commercials) on VHS and a working VCR in my mum's attic room. Fun times.

LN78

LN78

@The_Moose I've had "Dante's Inferno" in my backlog for what feels like years. Isn't it just a high budget "God of War" ripoff?

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 Haha well ripoff has negative connotations which this game doesn't actually deserve but it is pretty much GoW set within the confines of Christian theology rather than Greek mythology. It is very well done though and has a lot to like about it. You should bump it up your list, look forward to hearing what you think.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

LN78

@The_Moose I'll give it a look the next time I'm in the mood for a hack and slash. I remember that when it came out it was everywhere in terms of the media blitz - I think I'm right in saying there was even a tie-in anime! EA were definitely expecting it to be a major franchise.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 funnily enough, I added the anime to my watchlist on Amazon Prime just last night

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic