Forums

Topic: Should I get a PS3 in 2020?

Posts 21 to 37 of 37

Katsuhono

I would definitely recommand you getting one at a reasonable price, I still have my PS3 plugged in just to be able to replay every R&C Games every once in a while, the first one has aged quite a bit in terms of gameplay but the story is great and starting from the second it's a real pleasure to play these games, I wish I could play them on PS5 and just retire the old PS3 and its dreadful DualShock 3 but alas...

Katsuhono

HotGoomba

@Chimhog From what I can tell, it's following the Future Games instead, so maybe there will be a Collection?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Katsuhono

@Kefka2589 The DS4 on the PS3 works superbly fine with the PS2 R&C but if I'm correct it doesn't work on the future game because of their sixasis features. I find it crazy that one of the most recognizable Sony mascot has its almost entire catalog confined to the PS3 (some of them are on PSNow but I wish I didn't have to pay a subscription service to enjoy them... with lag)

Katsuhono

PSVR_lover

PlayStation 3D was amazing. It has today a cult following. Watch some on youtube. So I say yes.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Anti-Matter

Oh, moderator.
We got a spammer here.

Anti-Matter

HotGoomba

@Anti-Matter Oh ok, I just [redacted] him, so hopefully the mods ban him.

AP_0001

@PSVR_lover I've been getting back into both PS3 3D & Move control games and it's awesome!

Killzone 3, Puppeteer, Resistance 3, Sports Champions 2 and Tumble use both 3D and Move.

Then the best 3D games- Batman Arkham City, both Black OPs games, Crysis series, Ico/Shadow of Colossus, Motorstorm 3D rift & Apocalypse, Ratchet and Clank collection also 3D! I've been playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 in 3D and it's really fun.

LittleBigPlanet 2 is a gem and is best used with the Move controls!

AP_0001

Vacuumator

@AP_0001

I just picked up a PlayStation Eye to try out some old Move games. What others do you recommend?

Vacuumator

HotGoomba

@Vacuumator Bioshock Infinite, it's the closest we'll ever get to Bioshock on the Wii.

BioShock for Switch

Oh.

HotGoomba

@Vacuumator Any PS3 Move game requires one or the other or both.

Vacuumator

@HotGoomba___Rebrand

Does the information on the game cover specify what combinations are supported/required? I picked up a Move supported game today and it has the PlayStation Eye and Move icons and states “Move Optional”. Do games that require two Moves or the Navigation controller clearly state this?

Vacuumator

HotGoomba

@Vacuumator Honestly I don't own a Playstation Move Box Art, but there may be some sort of disclaimer on a box.

Vacuumator

@HotGoomba___Rebrand

I see that the rear box art for PlayStation Move Heroes states that Move is required and Navigation Controller/DS3 is also required, so it looks like games are reasonably clear on what is needed.

Vacuumator

Anti-Matter

HotGoomba___Rebrand wrote:

@Vacuumator Any PS3 Move game requires one or the other or both.

I have those PS3 games but i still don't have the Moves yet. 😅 (still saving the money)
These games you probably like it for casual playing.
1. Racket Sports (1 Move + Camera)
2. Sports Champions 2 (1 - 2 Moves + Camera) (2 Moves for Archery and Boxing sports)

Well, those games are basically "Wii Sports" on PS3.

Anti-Matter

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.